PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wynn and Onwenu on covid reserve

I agree. Maybe he can bounce back in the end of the season or next season..maybe at a Guard position idk..the thing is somehow the complete O-Line went from top 6 maybe to a low rank. I wonder about the reason. It could be that the Line will play a lot better as a unit if every part plays better. I mean how did we have a run game like last season with the same lineup and this year we can't get any push
The only two differences from last season are the OL coach is down to one guy and there's a rookie QB. Either one or both of these must've factored into their play / lack of motivation.

Several of the best draft guys here were screaming FOR him, saying he was the best OL in the draft behind Quinton Nelson. Said he was a tackle, too, in the NFL.

I loved him at Georgia. I thought he was playing great here when healthy, too - until this year, when something's just not right up and down that line.

There are fake draft expert construction workers who have repeatedly been proven completely wrong on a ton of players.

The Wynn, Harry, Michel draft classes continue to look horrendously bad. BB is surrounded by a very subpar staff.

Yeah, screw this guy and his personal medical decisions. If only he was part of the vaccinated who have a 0% chance of getting Covid.

If you're vaccinated, the amount of time you need to spend away from the team is less.

Choosing not to get vaccinated, while a personal choice, is also a SELFISH choice.

1.) it lowers the likely hood that you are going to catch covid

2.) If you do catch Covid, your symptons are going to be less severe which should allow you to avoid needing to be hospitalized, I'm not sure if you're one of those people who only watches fox news, and doesn't actually know whats going on in our country, but most of our hospitals are over taxed right now by mouth breathing, horse dewormer taking, ****wits needing to be treated for severe covid issues.

3.) all the league mandated rules for non-vaccinated players which reduce availability.

This isn't the first time he's been unavailable due to health reasons. The dude is probably a bust.

If you're vaccinated, the amount of time you need to spend away from the team is less.

Choosing not to get vaccinated, while a personal choice, is also a SELFISH choice.

2.) If you do catch Covid, your symptons are going to be less severe which should allow you to avoid needing to be hospitalized, I'm not sure if you're one of those people who only watches fox news, and doesn't actually know whats going on in our country, but most of our hospitals are over taxed right now by mouth breathing, horse dewormer taking, ****wits needing to be treated for severe covid issues.

3.) all the league mandated rules for non-vaccinated players which reduce availability.

This isn't the first time he's been unavailable due to health reasons. The dude is probably a bust.
Come to the table when you’re not so emotional.

Wouldn’t hurt to not make sweeping generalizations about political beliefs at even the thought of disagreement either.

Come to the table when you’re not so emotional.

Wouldn’t hurt to not make sweeping generalizations about political beliefs at even the thought of disagreement either.
chasa's comments are NOT political at all. It's the anti-vaxers who are making this a political issue. THEY are the ones threatening people, school officials, and the like.

What chasa wrote was the simple TRUTH. Players who aren't vaccinated are simply putting their team's ability to remain healthy at risk and we are seeing it play out in front of us this week. The fact is that getting vaccinated should not be optional (unless you have some real proven medical issue) This isn't political it's societal.

Wynn’s been a bust to this point through his career.
There's some great tackles in this league and he was a top 15 run blocker last. Not far behind in pass pro. Injuries suck but there was nothing you could point to in college. Harry was bust. Rivers was a bust. Richards, Easley were bust.

This is year absolutely warrants reason to look to elsewhere/competition though. It's clear both tackle spots are a problem.

chasa's comments are NOT political at all. It's the anti-vaxers who are making this a political issue. THEY are the ones threatening people, school officials, and the like.

What chasa wrote was the simple TRUTH. Players who aren't vaccinated are simply putting their team's ability to remain healthy at risk and we are seeing it play out in front of us this week. The fact is that getting vaccinated should not be optional (unless you have some real proven medical issue) This isn't political it's societal.
I've talked to a lot of football players over the years. A lot. And I know you have more spoken to more than me. They play through tremendous pain for years, mental and physical. In A LOT of cases they'll do ANYTHING to play. I see it in college all the time. Guys in school for like 9 years bc they know this is the end of the line - they'll never make it in the pros. So they hang on for dear life doing everything they can to play. Same in the pros. You don't see it as much anymore (playing every last game - players seem more aware of the long-term issues) but guys usually do anything to play and be there for their teammates.

This is a weird issue for me relating to football. Again most do anything and everything to ensure they're out there. Gods know we know of guys doing crazy sh!t to get on the field.

Likelihood

Even if it is societal, this is a football forum. Football, not societal, forum. Please respect the other members of the PatsFans' football society and post about football.

The only two differences from last season are the OL coach is down to one guy and there's a rookie QB. Either one or both of these must've factored into their play / lack of motivation.
Or did they just overperform last year and now down to Earth? I don’t Know could Be several Factors but i do Not think it is in mac. I can‘t Imagine Newton setting better protections

Even if it is societal, this is a football forum. Football, not societal, forum. Please respect the other members of the PatsFans' football society and post about football.
The Covid regulations that the nfl use are part and parcel of football so relevant. If a player chooses not to be vaccinated and that affects the team this is also worthy of discussion on a football forum. Lots of non football related issues affect football and are discussed freely ie josh gordon, antonio brown so i think this is as if not more relevant

There are fake draft expert construction workers who have repeatedly been proven completely wrong on a ton of players.

The Wynn, Harry, Michel draft classes continue to look horrendously bad. BB is surrounded by a very subpar staff.

Stop it.

I've never seen your Excel spreadsheet of every prospect going back six drafts.

That guy puts his name on everything. Do you?

Years ago I went through his Excel spreadsheet and his posts. He's really good.

Yeah, screw this guy and his personal medical decisions. If only he was part of the vaccinated who have a 0% chance of getting Covid.

Not getting vaccinated puts the worker and his employees at higher risk of getting COVID.

Plus he now gets significantly less than the $211k game check he would have normally received.

Who said that?

Owenu is out too, so maybe they both actually have COVID. We don't know about their vaccination status. Wynn still sucks either way. If you aren't on the field, you can't help the team.

For those that say cut him, his $10 mil salary next year is guaranteed, so he won't get cut, maybe traded for a pair of beaver pelts. What made Light a great tackle is the guy almost never missed a game. You can't live win the Cannon, Brown and Wynns of the world, they are just too unreliable.

The Pats need two new tackles. Just to make your stomach turn, lets compare Wynn to another tackle the Patriots draft at #23.

Bruce Armstrong Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Played 13 years. made 6 Pro Bowls, MISSED ZERO GAMES!

I've long said that because he retired in 2000, he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Armstrong gets replaced my Matt Light

Matt Light Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

I'm not talking at all about the guy you're fixated on, and a little humility would go a long way with you, since I'm talking about a couple-few very long-timers here who have been valued and great posters since before I came to this board.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back