PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wright, Hernandez, and Haynesworth in full pads at practice today

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were both practicing on Wednesday.

Limited of course..but at least they are back on the field...D can really get going this week against a weak jets O

God does Sanchez blow...9 turnovers to what..5 TD's?

Re: A Hern, Big Al and Wright back at practice

Nope. Just try to get the initial estimate out there. Sometimes it changes a lot over the course of the convalesence.

Remember this, one of the main reasons Belichick never gets into projections is that, when 4 to 6 is out there and it takes seven, then everyone's questioning how hurt the guy really is. It's often unpredictable for the better and for the worse.

Thanks Tom E. and thanks for coming around. It's good having you here.

Nope. Just try to get the initial estimate out there. Sometimes it changes a lot over the course of the convalesence.

Remember this, one of the main reasons Belichick never gets into projections is that, when 4 to 6 is out there and it takes seven, then everyone's questioning how hurt the guy really is. It's often unpredictable for the better and for the worse.

Tom, even though I give you a lot of crap for these types of reports, I do appreciate you coming here and explaining yourself and being good spirited about the whole thing. Too many people in the media take themselves far too seriously.

Just a suggestion, you might want to take a bat to the knee of your source on player injuries and see if his overly pessimistic estimates of time to return to work for injuries only applies to players or also applies to himself too. It might be a fun game for you.

Last edited:
Silly dragon...thought he was a smart feller...pesky transposed letters, eh?

silly-dragon-hank-nunes.jpg

Limited of course..but at least they are back on the field...D can really get going this week against a weak jets O

they were listed "limited" sigh:mad:

Didn't you hear? They are all going to the "Ground Round" after the game b/c their running will not equate to much. Not to mention, Sanchez is AWFUL. Our D better not make another JAG QB look like a superstar. It is time we drop that part of our game. We don't need cold feet this weekend. Get it done Gentlemen :):rocker::) Make us PROUD

Tom, even though I give you a lot of crap for these types of reports, I do appreciate you coming here and explaining yourself and being good spirited about the whole thing. Too many people in the media take themselves far too seriously.

Just a suggestion, you might want to take a bat to the knee of your source on player injuries and see if his overly pessimistic estimates of time to return to work for injuries only applies to players or also applies to himself too. It might be a fun game for you.

For my money it's less important for the media to be first with a story and more important to be correct. Sometimes I sense there is an intra-personnel rivalry between the media to be first.

For my money it's less important for the media to be first with a story and more important to be correct. Sometimes I sense there is an intra-personnel rivalry between the media to be first.

No doubt.

The upside is too much higher than the lowside is low. People remember who breaks a big story first much more so than remembering someone flubbing a story here and there.

Unless you're us. We remember the mistakes pretty well.

Unless you're us. We remember the mistakes pretty well.

uh...I wonder who you could possibly be referring to...?

themanwholaughs.png

Mwaaah hah hah!

Thanks, Rob...I understand it's frustrating when you guys are hungry for info and sometimes it changes and it pisses you off. I've been doing this a long time and I still take the same pride in being accurate and exhaustive at getting to someone who "knows" as I always have.

I'm not a "neighbor's uncle rode the bus behind his wife" source guy. And I don't think anyone in this media corps is either, by the way.

And yeah, we do want to be first but - at least in my case - I'm not sacrificing accuracy for that.

The immediacy with which we can distribute information makes it so that stories can change really fast and the consumer is left saying, "What? You just told me something different..."

And while that sucks and not everyone wants to hear it, it is...ummm, what it is...?

Thanks, Rob...I understand it's frustrating when you guys are hungry for info and sometimes it changes and it pisses you off. I've been doing this a long time and I still take the same pride in being accurate and exhaustive at getting to someone who "knows" as I always have.

I'm not a "neighbor's uncle rode the bus behind his wife" source guy. And I don't think anyone in this media corps is either, by the way.

And yeah, we do want to be first but - at least in my case - I'm not sacrificing accuracy for that.

The immediacy with which we can distribute information makes it so that stories can change really fast and the consumer is left saying, "What? You just told me something different..."

And while that sucks and not everyone wants to hear it, it is...ummm, what it is...?

Fair or not, it's your Brady return projection that we remember in a case like this.

Who knows, you may end up being right about Hernandez. There's no guarantee he plays this week.

hey...let's not be too harsh on the Dragun....think about it...he's Albert Einstein compared to John Toomassive,Wrong Borges or Tony Gasbaggarotti.....(I'm here all week...try the veal and peas..:bye2:)

You get a pass from me (not that it's worth anything) for being a fellow St. A's grad.

Trust me........ I think we'll be in a happy and forgiving mood if we see him suited up and ready on Sunday. Until then, no one's right and no one's wrong. I credit you for coming in here and answering to it.

We're can be cantankerous bastards at times.......... ummmm, well some of us anyway ;)

Alienating my allies...good work by me. Way to compete. Sorry Deus

Well played.

I know how tricky injuries can be. I've had recoveries that were weeks ahead of what the doctors told me, and recoveries that were weeks behind. It's always just an educated guess. Couple that with the ridiculously fast pace of information dissemination today, and we're all but guaranteed to get varied estimates of recovery time.

Welker was a pretty good example of that.

I never doubted your journalistic integrity. I always believed you got this information from a source within the Pats organization who was in position to know the fully extent of the injury. Judging extents of injuries and recovery times are not exact science. I also know that the whole new media world has changed the dynamics of the news cycle and many times you are reporting the story before the story has had a chance to complete. It is stories like these where I don't envy you because if you are right or wrong many times depends on a lot of luck.

Personally, I have more a problem with your source. Assuming it is the same source as the Brady story, he/she just seems to be overly pessimistic or cautious when it comes to injuries. I guess it might be good for the player in question, but it sucks for the fans who don't want to hear that their franchise QB could miss another season or their young stud TE is going to miss a quarter of the season or longer.

BTW, I always wondered how do you deal with a source who gives you bad info. Obviously, you can't call them out in public, but even in private if you lay into them it could cut off a source of info.

In fairness to Tom and most other reporters who do try to balance the fine line of trying to be first and trying to be right, they are just playing the hand dealt to them. I'm sure Tom would much rather wait a day and write a kick arse piece with information that was backed up by multiple sources, but he isn't given that luxury. I don't know the philosophy at CSNNE, but I know a lot of news organizations believe that it is better to be first and have to apologize for being wrong later (which they usually bury the apology so no one actually see it) than get it right and be last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes