For the Jets
Out
WR Logan Payne - wrist
LB Bryan Thomas - Achilles

Did not practice
LB Garrett McIntyre - concussion

Limited participation
OL Nick Mangold - ankle
LB Calvin Pace - abdomen (DNP yesterday)

Full participation
WR Plaxico Burress - elbow (DNP yesterday)
DB Antonio Cromartie - ribs
DL Mike DeVito - shoulder
LB David Harris - toe
DB Eric Smith - triceps
DL Muhammad Wilkerson - shoulder (limited yesterday)

Week 5: Thursday injury/participation report - Extra Points - Boston.com
While that was a very informative post, I kinda wish you hadn't posted it.

I was on a high thinking we'd be getting back all those guys. However when you put it the way you did, I can't help but notice that the Pats have OVER a quarter of their roster not being able to practice fully (26%). To put it in a more disturbing frame of reference. The Jets have only 9% of their roster out or not practicing fully.

I agree.

Belichick is letting Wright play until his next injury, and then to IR. I guess it makes sense for the team to make use of this asset.

Yeah, my feeling is the Pats are giving him one more strike with this concussion. If he gets dinged again this season, I'm pretty sure the Pats are going to say thank you and now go have a good healthy life

Its a shame. People forget that Wright led the Pats in sacks last season playing less than half the season. He is great tackle depth because he can play all three positions, and can be an impact player as a pass rusher. He's been out so long that people have forgotten that he was having a break out year last season, before he got concussed. Losing him would be the Steelers losing Aaron Smith Conversely if he can stay healthy it will be like adding Aaron Smith ;)

Last edited:
Wright has been an important contributor when healthy, but does anyone see him as a long-term solution on the DL any more?

Re: A Hern, Big Al and Wright back at practice

If you go to his twitter account, you'll find that when he got a tweet saying "Oh no" about the 4-6 weeks comment later that same day, he didn't run with it at all, instead noting that the MRI was still pending.

I've got no problem with Curran's report. He confirmed SMY on the injury front and noted a fear that the time could be longer. As is so often the case, it was the people here blowing that all out of proportion.

He said multiple times through multiple outlets that his source was saying he would be out 4-6 weeks.

He said multiple times through multiple outlets that his source was saying he would be out 4-6 weeks.

Well, if he did, I didn't hear that, and I heard him on WEEI.

I suspect Aaron is HEALTHY and Active for this game.

I however am a tiny bit worried that this could be a plan BB is using to get the JETS to feel uneasy and Prepare for the REAL #81.

I still stick by that BB's MAIN MISSION was to have Aaron Ready for week 5.

I don't need no BS scheming (of him possibly or possibly NOT active) BB we need him for this game. He has had plenty of time to rehab and rest.
:rocker::rocker::rocker: UNLEASH the BEAST Do Not Hesitate Show The JESTS NO Mercy:cool::cool::cool:

HI See You On Sunday JESTS Fans and my Patriot Brethren. :I'll Be Back" Like Arnie in T2 (but I will NOT destroy myself at the end) I can't get hurt w/ my Robo rehabbed super knee.
I'll be making SUPER CUTS. No not getting a Haircut... I'll be shaking and faking the chit out of the DB's and LB's w/ my many moves :)

aaron-hernandez-oprm-40235.jpg

Last edited:

MASSIVE deception by Belichick for the Jets game
He's having players swap jersey numbers!
Do not, I repeat DO NOT let any Jets read this post
Expect a HUGE fine from Goodell after we win the game :mad:

we all know 85 looks better on Aaron than Ocho... I noted this jersey thing on a different thread. It is still Aaron waving and saying "HI":) I did post this pick a few days ago where PATSFANDEB- doubted my activation call by claiming "she wouldnt hold her Breath" in regards to him being active

On Twitter, CSNNE and WEEI. Exactly right. I was told when the injury happened it would be 4 to 6. Reported that after confiriming injury and asking if 1 to 2 week reports seemed accurate.

A week or so later, was told it would be closer to 4. No mystery there. If he plays this week, he'll be back earlier than initially expected.

BTW Tommy, I love your country cap.

Next, please appear on television switching among a bowler derby, a beret, and a top hat, in rapid succession.

Then close out your segment by surreptitiously donning a coonskin cap, and sign off with your new "King of the Wild Frontier" tagline.

Last edited:

On Twitter, CSNNE and WEEI. Exactly right. I was told when the injury happened it would be 4 to 6. Reported that after confiriming injury and asking if 1 to 2 week reports seemed accurate.

A week or so later, was told it would be closer to 4. No mystery there. If he plays this week, he'll be back earlier than initially expected.

Right on, and I don't have any problem with it at all. Your source told you something, you reported it, and I'm sure you're as psyched as we are that he's coming back earlier. I definitely didn't mean my post as an attack on you at all- just that, based on the past, I tend to read your sources' injury projections as a worst-case scenario.

On a side note, thanks for coming here and posting with us. I'm sure it's a pain in the ass on a forum like this when everyone's a critic, but I think most of us recognize that reporting what your sources tell you is pretty much the only thing you can do in a situation like this.

Last edited:

I still get confused everytime I see Hernandez wearing #81. I wonder how long it'll take to get used to it; can't be too long, right? It was only a year.

Hey, on Twitter, you said it was a 'fear', mentioned the MRI and never followed that up. Here I am defending you from people saying you're unreliable when it comes to injury issues, and you cut my legs off out from under me.

You're on your own now, pal. :p

Hey, on Twitter, you said it was a 'fear', mentioned the MRI and never followed that up. Here I am defending you from people saying you're unreliable when it comes to injury issues, and you cut my legs off out from under me.

You're on your own now, pal. :p

Alienating my allies...good work by me. Way to compete. Sorry Deus

Alienating my allies...good work by me. Way to compete. Sorry Deus

Tom, do you like to double injury projections just to make us freak out? Because that does seem like it would be pretty fun.

Tom, do you like to double injury projections just to make us freak out? Because that does seem like it would be pretty fun.

Nope. Just try to get the initial estimate out there. Sometimes it changes a lot over the course of the convalesence.

Remember this, one of the main reasons Belichick never gets into projections is that, when 4 to 6 is out there and it takes seven, then everyone's questioning how hurt the guy really is. It's often unpredictable for the better and for the worse.

Nope. Just try to get the initial estimate out there. Sometimes it changes a lot over the course of the convalesence.

Remember this, one of the main reasons Belichick never gets into projections is that, when 4 to 6 is out there and it takes seven, then everyone's questioning how hurt the guy really is. It's often unpredictable for the better and for the worse.

Appreciate the good humored, responsive posts.
I enjoy your Quick Slants show.

I am not sure if anyone asked you Tom,but what's up with Mayo....Good spirits?

How long do you see your 'Dinner Guest' on the show out of action?....will it be more than 4 weeks IYO

BTW ,do you guys really eat all that stuff after your segment is completed?.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back