PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Looks like Deepest Postion in 2014 Draft

To show how deep this draft is at WR, Devin Street who had over 200 catches and is 6-4 is currently being ranked as a 5th round pick. He's not the fasted (est 4.56) but that's not disastrous either. What e does have is fantastic hands and bucket loads of experience in a pro system.

I've previously said we shouldn't be drafting later round receivers but I would make an exception for Street who I like a lot.

And 6'3" 215# Cody Hoffman is currently listed as a 5th-6th round prospect. Here's what Draftinsider (Tony Pauline's site) had to say about Hoffman before BYU's bowl game:

Cody Hoffman/WR/BYU: Cody Hoffman provides the quarterback with a big and reliable target. He does a good job using his size and body to gain position. Hoffman isn’t afraid to play physical and box out defenders. His commitment to attacking the ball at its highest point helps him make plays in traffic. The question marks facing Hoffman all rely around his speed. Evaluators will be keeping a close eye on his workouts and 40-time at the combine. It would really help if he could show evaluators he’s capable of taking the top off the defense. However, his overall draft stock doesn’t rely solely on his speed. Hoffman has proven to be a good route running with a knack for finding openings in the defense. 2nd Round

Scouting the Hunger Bowl: BYU vs. Washington

hoffman or street in the 5th would be a huge steal they both would probably be late 2nd to 3rd round picks in a normal draft

hoffman or street in the 5th would be a huge steal they both would probably be late 2nd to 3rd round picks in a normal draft

Guys fall, especially in a deep draft. Many people had Marvin Jones rated as a 3rd round prospect, but he went in the 5th. He's turned out pretty well (sorry, Manx).

I don't know who will fall, but there will be steals.

BTW, FWIW, there was this tidbit from Matt Miller:

I'm hearing a ton of buzz about Texas wide receiver Mike Davis. He's working out with former USC wideout Marqise Lee, and the word is that Davis has been the more impressive of the two.

2014 NFL Draft: Matt Miller's Scouting Notebook for Conference Championships | Bleacher Report

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back