PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade the 14th overall pick for Jerry Jeudy?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Trade #14th overall for Jeudy?

• Yes

• No

• RLKAG

• RLK2G+

Results are only viewable after voting.
My question is are we relying on the draft or FA to improve the team?
Both.

free agency is being used to layer depth in weaker areas this year... it isnt flashy, but its needed... But if the deal is "right" i could see BB making a move...

Give them the 28th pick of the 3rd round........

Both.

free agency is being used to layer depth in weaker areas this year... it isnt flashy, but its needed... But if the deal is "right" i could see BB making a move...
Got it, Well yes I'm also assuming another move is too come... so far aside from Myers I really like how we have retained our own guys and added depth to the O line.. juju to me.. is an precision route runner, faster than myers.. his YAC is crazy.. he's ultra athletic, tough as nails.. he actually fights for contested balls.

Only concern was durability..

Got it, Well yes I'm also assuming another move is too come... so far aside from Myers I really like how we have retained our own guys and added depth to the O line.. juju to me.. is an precision route runner, faster than myers.. his YAC is crazy.. he's ultra athletic, tough as nails.. he actually fights for contested balls.

Only concern was durability..
In coming pet peeve... Apologies in advance, lol,... It's Meyers not Myers

The thing about free agency this year is that the pickings are slim. Teams are retaining their own talent before they go on the market. The jump to the new cap off the covid pandemic restriction cap has allowed teams to keep their players, so that no one is on the market other than Orlando Brown (who apparently not very many teams were interested in).

I was posting about free agency this year being downer several months ago, because I looked at the WR and CB contracts that were expiring. The cupboards were bare.

I voted RLKAG+2 but...
Im Not No Way GIF

What's the obsession with Jeudy?

Career high: 67 catches, 972 yards, 6 TD's...

They just got a similar talent and player in Juju and they didn't have trade anything for him.

Jeudy is in the last year of his rookie deal. Trade a first... then pay him.... are you nuts?

They just got a similar talent and player in Juju and they didn't have trade anything for him.

Jeudy is in the last year of his rookie deal. Trade a first... then pay him.... are you nuts?
I don't see a drastic difference in the two players, either. I think if they lost out on Juju and Meyers they may have had to go this route. I think they hold this pick for now, and see how it unfolds on draft night. I would not be surprised to see Bill move down a little bit and acquire more picks, especially if they guy they really want at 14 goes early.

Trade down to 30 grab an extra 45 pick and then use 30 on dawaaand Jones , 45 on Darnell Washington and 46 on Sam la porta and 76 on best available Player ( CB, safety, OL,LB,DE) and later rounds get another offensive lineman and a punter in 7th round. If stetson Bennett is available in 5th or 6th we should draft him.

Juedy is a down field deep threat and I believe his catch abilities are what makes him attractive.. and yes as you stayed he's on his rookie deal.. I could see them sending a 2 for him.. not a 1st.. however it happens I'm all for him becoming a patriot

If the contract wasn't expiring soon then I think it's a good idea to trade a 1st for him. If we were to draft a guy who ended up with the same production...we would be ok with that...most of us. But the contract is the issue for me....so no.

Juedy is a down field deep threat and I believe his catch abilities are what makes him attractive.. and yes as you stayed he's on his rookie deal.. I could see them sending a 2 for him.. not a 1st.. however it happens I'm all for him becoming a patriot
Why isn’t he more productive if he’s a downfield deep threat? He’s not much taller longer or faster than Juju.

I’ll take Thornton and Marcus Jones as deep threats, they’re inexperienced but possess actual game changing speed and get paid nothing.

Why isn’t he more productive if he’s a downfield deep threat? He’s not much taller longer or faster than Juju.

I’ll take Thornton and Marcus Jones as deep threats, they’re inexperienced but possess actual game changing speed and get paid nothing.
Well I believe he was injured and the real Russell Wilson didn't show up last season however he still put up almost 1,000 yards..

Well I believe he was injured and the real Russell Wilson didn't show up last season however he still put up almost 1,000 yards..
Juju once put up 1426 yards, he was a free agent. I don’t mind paying him to replace Meyers… I wouldn’t have traded a high draft pick for him and then paid him. You pay twice that way.

The Pats could use that first or second on a shutdown CB, monster DT or OT, or even a better WR than either guy… and then pay him 1-2 million per season for the next 4 years. Never overpay for just “good.”

a first round pick for a WR whose contract is about to expire? As my pal Rick James used to say.. Cocaine is a helluva drug

Nobody is giving Denver a 1st rd pick for guy with only 2 seasons left on his rookie contract. Plus his production isn't worth it and 2 healthy scratches last year.

I agree with you.

Although.

The idea of him getting back with Mac Jones is a little intriguing. I wouldn't do it for a 1st round pick though, that's insane.

Sorry, is the Broncos shopping him? Makes no sense, they have a new offensive minded coach there and supposedly this should be a rebound year for Wilson, hes gonna need weapons.

I'm not totally against this trade since I'm about to give up the perspective of the Patrtios drafting and developing top WRs but #14 sounds steep but if they can trade down, get another 2nd and maybe a higher 1st they I'd do it, or some other package.

Juju once put up 1426 yards, he was a free agent. I don’t mind paying him to replace Meyers… I wouldn’t have traded a high draft pick for him and then paid him. You pay twice that way.

The Pats could use that first or second on a shutdown CB, monster DT or OT, or even a better WR than either guy… and then pay him 1-2 million per season for the next 4 years. Never overpay for just “good.”
Absolutely agree.. yes I've made mention that Juju has performed like a number 1 before and he got injured afterwards.. he pretty much took a season and a half to recover.. he was by far outside of keclce KCs best WR last season..

I'm definitely all in Absolutely draft another DT, CB but also Murphy-bunting Bunting can be signed in FA he would be on a relatively cost effective deal.. we need a mix of vets and young players to keep the roster competitive..

Sorry, is the Broncos shopping him? Makes no sense, they have a new offensive minded coach there and supposedly this should be a rebound year for Wilson, hes gonna need weapons.

I'm not totally against this trade since I'm about to give up the perspective of the Patriots' drafting and developing top WRs but #14 sounds steep but if they can trade down, get another 2nd and maybe a higher 1st they I'd do it, or some other package.
That's our fears and could be there's too but lets' say we Trade down to the bottom of the Round and pick up a extra Second. I would part ways with that Selection for Jerry Jeudy. Look at the Potential new group Jeudy - Juju - Thornton - Bourne and Parker. That's a far cry from previous years color me intrigued.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back