PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Words on things I watched, read & heard

Zack should be dragged for this one. Tyrod Taylor? No. We can do better and shouldn't settle. Taylor is a great guy but only stepped on the field this year bc that coaching staff is completely inept. I actually wrote months ago so no hindsight. Lynn felt bad for him and thought he got a raw deal with other teams. An NFL coach played the lesser option to "do the right thing". So next time you're putting these coaches on a pedestal or thinking they're otherworldly, remember some are very much human and lucky they have a job or friends with some big shot.

Also the guy hasn't thrown a WR open in 10 years. Guy is so conservative. The idea he can run an effective offense with goals of a real po run is just out the window. Taylor struggled throwing to guys like Watkins, McCoy, Woods & Clay under an offense designed to his strengths. Again seems like a great guy but no thanks. I can't believe he even wrote this garbage.

A definite NO on Taylor. Tom Curran has a good listing of options. Lots of bad ones. He seems to not dismiss Josh Rosen. I remember watching him in a Miami start and he made some very good deep sideline throws. Strong arm. Just wonder why he doesn't seem to fit the teams he has been on. Worth a shot. We never seem to talk about him.
Who will be the Patriots' QB in 2021? Here are some possibilities

Saw this the other day and I hope I don't feel this feeling for years to come. JJ & JR were 1-2 ahead of us. Man one would have looked good here.

Someone mentioned it on Twitter but compared JJ to Stevie Johnson. I thought it was a great comp. More polished imo but pretty much spot on. Both were/are just amazing at attacking leverage, using space to their advantage. Even tight space. Master of stepping near sidelines.

Both were very high on my board. Sucks I really think we take one if they were available.

Saw this the other day and I hope I don't feel this feeling for years to come. JJ & JR were 1-2 ahead of us. Man one would have looked good here.

Someone mentioned it on Twitter but compared JJ to Stevie Johnson. I thought it was a great comp. More polished imo but pretty much spot on. Both were/are just amazing at attacking leverage, using space to their advantage. Even tight space. Master of stepping near sidelines.

Both were very high on my board. Sucks I really think we take one if they were available.
Oh yeah, Stevie was pretty good during his tenure in BUF. Come to think of it, BUF always had a decent/very good or two; even in their absolute worst years. Andre Reed, Josh Reed, Moulds, Johnson, Evans, Lofton (definitely one of the most underrated WRs in NFL history), Brown, Watkins, Woods, Price, Dubenion, Goodwin, Beasley, Diggs, Davis etc..

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Stevie was pretty good during his tenure in BUF. Come to think of it, BUF always had a decent/very good or two; even in their absolute worst years. Andre Reed, Josh Reed, Moulds, Johnson, Evans, Lofton (definitely one of the most underrated WRs in NFL history), Brown, Watkins, Woods, Price, Dubenion, Goodwin, Beasley, Diggs, Davis etc..
They wasted so much talent over the years. Watkins, Clay, Woods, McCoy. They had Fred Jackson, Spiller, Stevie J & Donald Jones at another point.

Loved a few of their DB's too. Winny & Nate Clements could ball.

Saw this the other day and I hope I don't feel this feeling for years to come. JJ & JR were 1-2 ahead of us. Man one would have looked good here...

Reagor has been a disappointment for the Eagles, and Howie Roseman is justifiably being raked over the coals for that pick...NFW he should've gone ahead of JJeff...or Aiyuk...or Pittman...

Dubenion?

Reagor has been a disappointment for the Eagles, and Howie Roseman is justifiably being raked over the coals for that pick...NFW he should've gone ahead of JJeff...or Aiyuk...or Pittman...
Funny, a couple years ago, Howie was the greatest. One year you are in the Penthouse, the next year you are in the Outhouse. Thousands of examples of that in the NFL.

Idk Capt, that team has been a dumpster fire this year. No OL, QB that regressed as much as anyone ive seen recently in Wentz. That might be a lil dramatic but he's taken a big step backwards. Anyway I have to give JR more time. #'s aren't there but I can't fault him that much. He can play, just stuck in a bad situation.

They wasted so much talent over the years. Watkins, Clay, Woods, McCoy. They had Fred Jackson, Spiller, Stevie J & Donald Jones at another point.

Loved a few of their DB's too. Winny & Nate Clements could ball.
They also had Marshawn Lynch for 3 years.

They also had Marshawn Lynch for 3 years.
Yup there roster wasn't as stacked but yea they had Lynch sitting there as well.

The Watkins > Mack decision is something I'll never get over. Just a weird team.

Can someone help me out? Who is this? What in the world is he doing? Do people really believe by slamming down this tweet that they're right or making a point? Generally curious bc we have it here. Some muppet on twitter will post a stat and we'll get people talking about narratives?

I can't explain this pie chart but Cam is playing great. Trust me. I've never cooked food before but trust me I'm a great chef. Like this is all you got??

Half the the league is below 500% looking for QB but let me tell how being a top 15-20 QB is a big deal.

It gets better ...
I dont think he knows what a "honey hole" is tbh. Not exactly dropping it in a bucket here. Seriously you call this a honey hole? I'm sure he's super smart though.

And when I want to make a point about Cam's career long struggle with accuracy I bring up Tom Brady. This is a good idea.

I'm not the type to rub your face in the dirt but .... This is a "honey hole" pass. If two defenders don't have eyes on the WR/ball it don't count. I don't make the rules.

A lot different than ...
Screenshot_2020-12-05-22-08-17.png

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey