PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Words on things I watched, read & heard

Hmmmm....apparently I will have to dumb it down for you even more.

If Edelman had 5 at that point and they currently have 10 total as a team, your statement that “most of those” are Harry’s drops is wrong and you are talking out of your ass...again. Math is hard, I know. Did you follow that, cupcake?
I don't know where Giardi is getting his data, but Football Reference has these figures:
2: Edelman/Meyers/Izzo
1: Harry/White/Byrd/Taylor

I swear it feels like I've seen way more drops than that (in addition to the bounce passes).

Hold on, does this mean that NFL players can actually improve over time? That can’t be right, because I’ve read on this site multiple times over the past two weeks that the Pats 2020 draft was already an abject failure.
4:23 AM is a bit early for extreme hyperbole, isn’t it?

Here's NKeal Harry's figures. 40 targets 24 catches for a below average/mediocre 60% catch rate. Extremely poor. And it's not even like it's a low catch rate for higher yardage, it's for only 8 yards a catch.

What does that have to do about drops? You know that catch rate and drops are not the same, right. Or maybe you don’t.

Last edited:
4:23 AM is a bit early for extreme hyperbole, isn’t it?

Huh? I worked an overnight shift and had a hour of down time. Are there rules here about not posting while others are safe and sleeping at home? And if you think that my post is “extreme hyperbole”, you clearly need to pay closer attention. Multiple posters here declared the entire 2020 draft other than Onwenu a “bust” during the past two weeks and many more labeled Asiasi and Keene busts as early as week 6.

Now it’s time for a nap until 1pm.

I don't know where Giardi is getting his data, but Football Reference has these figures:
2: Edelman/Meyers/Izzo
1: Harry/White/Byrd/Taylor

I swear it feels like I've seen way more drops than that (in addition to the bounce passes).

Edelman definitely has more than two drops this year. He had a bad drop during the second offensive series of the year and the drop that turned into a pick 6 vs KC. He had at least two others that I can remember.

Huh? I worked an overnight shift and had a hour of down time. Are there rules here about not posting while others are safe and sleeping at home? And if you think that my post is “extreme hyperbole”, you clearly need to pay closer attention. Multiple posters here declared the entire 2020 draft other than Onwenu a “bust” during the past two weeks and many more labeled Asiasi and Keene busts as early as week 6.

Now it’s time for a nap until 1pm.
Yeah? Quote ‘em for me.

Jesus I wouldn't know what to say if Nagy gets a GM job but hey good for him. I don't dislike him Jim or Matt. Just like to mess around. I have a big mouth.

You obviously don't like him bc you stated as much but why don't you like Stafford? Idk I always thought he was pretty good.
I ass-ume you watched their Thanksgiving Day game...Whenever they need him most, Stafford comes up least...Clueless & Careless in the pocket, he has convinced multiple HCs & OCs to abandon any ground-attack-based system that relegates him to Game Manager status...Yet he also becomes inefficient when tasked with leading a high-volume air attack...No team will ever, EVER win with this guy.

I ass-ume you watched their Thanksgiving Day game...Whenever they need him most, Stafford comes up least...Clueless & Careless in the pocket, he has convinced multiple HCs & OCs to abandon any ground-attack-based system that relegates him to Game Manager status...Yet he also becomes inefficient when tasked with leading a high-volume air attack...No team will ever, EVER win with this guy.
yup just good enough to look good losing.

Yes. All the signs are that he's a coach-killer: the kind of player who looks good enough to make people believe that you can win with him -- but, it turns out, you can't. So the coach gets sent on his way and the cycle starts again.

I saw this the other day but working too much, overnights.

Good to see but this isn't so reassuring. The biggest worry about a running bully offense is converting TD's. If you can't convert, we'll we've seen the struggle is real.

Last edited:
What does that have to do about drops? You know that catch rate and drops are not the same, right. Or maybe you don’t.

Stop harping on drops and being obtuse. Harry's catch rate is absolutely pathetic for a receiver not to mention a first round pick. A 55% catch rate includes whatever reason like drops or anything else like poor route running. End of the day Harry is barely even a NFL player and my only question is whether we should cut him now or see if this injury prone, no-catching, concussion-prone player can play TE. The house money says no he cannot.

I'm not so surprised by this. Id like to see how % for 2hi looks. I said before the year I thought more teams would go that way.
It seems like it, but I’d probably guess our percentage is lower. Even with Gilmore’s struggles, they’ve left him on an island a lot this season and shading the safety toward the other side of the field. Cover-3 is more geared toward QBs like Murray and Watson.

It seems like it, but I’d probably guess our percentage is lower. Even with Gilmore’s struggles, they’ve left him on an island a lot this season and shading the safety toward the other side of the field. Cover-3 is more geared toward QBs like Murray and Watson.
Agreed. And QBs like Wilson and Jackson. Most of the "scrambling to throw or pass" QBs are behind us. Allen scrambles some, but Herbet, Goff, Fitzy, and Flacco are not scramblers so I expect a lot less Cover 3 over the 5 games. Also the defensive rookies are coming up the learning curve, so because of those two things, I expect significant defense improvement down the stretch.

I don't foresee much offensive improvement. Cam is who he is and will be up and down. Hopefully McD will continue to mix in more Cam running plays, but if Cam can not pass well, we will see 8 Dlinemen and linebackers in the box on 1st and 2nd down (a heavy front 8 or even a light front 9 in the box).

Last edited:
I haven't really looked for %'s but it makes sense we've always played a fair amount after single high.

I'm just interested to see the league wide #'s if it went up at all.

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back