PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Words on things I watched, read & heard II

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
I almost started a thread for this but I've started a few. If someone else wants to go for it.

I keep hearing about people wanting a WR1 but not wanting to pay 20+ million per year for one when Christian Kirk just hit that number lol. The #'s / cap are rising and will continue to go up in the near future. Business is good in the league despite it being a "dying sport" ... anyway times have changed.

Who would you pay WR1 money to???

Would you trade 21 + 85 for AJ Brown and pay him 5/110 in the off season? If not I'm not sure you're ever going to be serious about getting one. Look at what he's done on running team with a PA QB. If he stays healthy he's a top 5-12 WR over the next 6-8 years at 24 yo. Idk sometimes you have to just do it and Brown is that guy over the next half decade.

I'm not necessarily advocating I just see a lot of "I don't want to pay him that money " but "I want a real WR1" ... you either draft one or pay for one. They're not just going to show up at 1PP.

When opportunity and sense meet.
This is/was not the year.
Parker was the right opportunity/sense move for this yr upgrading/replacing Harry.
Now > involve Jonnu, hope Agholor (untradeable) sparks, Henry, White stay healthy..
Should be enough to be competitive & to see what they have in Mac, what suits him etc.

While keeping immense cap/flexibility to do whatever they want over next 3 years to build legit O - weather top committee or go top WR1.
Both proven to work.

I'd love it, but I really don't expect trade down values to be anywhere near the charts for value this year.
i agree but trading 21 and 54 for 40 and 41 is a gift for the other team while the pats didn't improve imo

i agree but trading 21 and 54 for 40 and 41 is a gift for the other team while the pats didn't improve imo
So take Jones at 21 and trade 54 for 41 to get Brisker...except you can't.

I DO see your points here, but forget the supposed "value" (which changes every year) and just consider which players you want with those first couple of picks and how you get to them.

I wonder what the particular dynamics are regarding BB and 5th round picks..?…Doesn’t seem too fond of them. Cost/value relative to sticking on the 53? Interesting to say the least.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back