PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Words on things I watched, read & heard II

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
I believe that the Pats currently have 2 guys who can potentially fill this role in Phillips and Mills. Mills has the experience with Philly, and Phillips is thought by many to be strictly a "box safety", but he's played the position before in this defense and has the speed and I believe the instinct to play it well.

But Phillips :)can't possibly be :) a good player given his miserable RAS (unless this one is screwed up too)

1677641422318.png

One of the things we haven't talked about...

If 13 of the following 15 guys get picked before our pick...

(4 QBs, Paris Johnson, Broderick Jones, Skoronski, Christian Gonzalez, Devon Witherspoon, Will Anderson, Calijah Kancey, Jalen Carter, Quentin Johnston, Lukas Van Ness, Jordan Addison)

...how many cartwheels, somersaults and backflips would you do after we picked Tyree Wilson?

(4 QBs, Paris Johnson, Broderick Jones, Skoronski, Christian Gonzalez, Devon Witherspoon, Will Anderson, Calijah Kancey, Jalen Carter, Quentin Johnston, Lukas Van Ness, Jordan Addison)

...how many cartwheels, somersaults and backflips would you do after we picked Tyree Wilson?
Memphis Grizzlies Backflip GIF

can't count

That said if the safety Branch from Alabama there at 14, it might be hard to pass up.

Unless we've already acquired Both our starting Left Tackle And one of our starting Outside CBs for 2023, then there's no way I would even consider Branch at #14... Besides, I'm trading down in the first round... Multiple times...

None whatsoever, even if it were physically possible.

You don't like Tyree Wilson? He looks impossible to block out there.
I'm guessing you're envisioning him in the "Willie McGinest" mold?

Who did he get his sacks against each of the last 2 years?

Why did he go from A&M to Texas Tech?

1677732924772.png
1677732969818.png

Now, I don't know what help he did or didn't have at Texas Tech, but look at where he got his sacks. Kansas State, Mississippi State, and North Carolina State. Not exactly the upper echelon of teams. 2021 he was basically non-existent against Baylor. 2022, he racked up a lot of tackles, but that's because they got shallacked.

Did Wilson play at the Senior Bowl? How'd he do there?

“….so there is money being left on the board across the table right now, by all due accounts.”

1677796732511.gif

Christopher Simms, ladies and gentleman…

What is with the very fast times of so many of these front 7 guys?

Are these guys who would be playing WR or CB or S in prior decades? Now they'r bulking up a bit and becoming 225 pass rushers?

Adebowore is 285 pounds and runs faster than most NFL WRs. Something ain't right.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back