PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Women's Group: Nationwide and Papa John's should suspend relationships with Peyton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spygate didn't just happen a decade ago. More importantly, the dead horse was thoroughly beaten into the ground a decade ago. It was dissected and overblown and picked bare from every possible angle, including a bunch of angles that never even happened. There's nothing left to cover, because it's all been done. Meanwhile, this Manning thing did happen a long time ago, but it never really received any coverage. Most people who are hearing about it now are learning about it for the very first time.

Anecdote alert: a month ago, I was talking football with a woman who was cutting my hair. She knew I was a Pats fan, I knew she was a Broncos fan. She started pointedly saying that she likes Peyton because he seems like a deeply moral man and a good husband and father who represents everything we should want our role models to be. And I responded with "yeah, except the time he sexually assaulted a trainer". She was a diehard Broncos fan and self-professed Manning megafan, and she'd never heard of any of it. I'm morbidly curious to know how the conversation is going to go next time I go in to get my haircut, because I'm pretty damn sure she knows about it now, and not because of some random bitter Pats fan that she can write off.

No one knows about it because it was done in the days before Twitter and Facebook. Also the manning family machine kept it under the rug. I would love it if someone outspoken like Trump would make an issue of this - even though it has nothing tondo with politics.

I hate Satan Manning but Papa Johns is my favorite pizza so I'm torn every time I eat it:
yj3qn15.gif

giphy.gif

This is not true. It's simply not true. If the Manning incident hadn't received any coverage, we wouldn't have been able to be talking about it on Patsfans.com for all these years.

It's absolutely true. The sum total of coverage it received from 2003-relevant media sources was a couple of articles and op-ed pieces that never gained any traction. There's a reason why 99% of football fans hadn't even heard of these allegations until this past week. What percentage haven't heard of Spygate?

It's absolutely true. The sum total of coverage it received from 2003-relevant media sources was a couple of articles and op-ed pieces that never gained any traction. There's a reason why 99% of football fans hadn't even heard of these allegations until this past week. What percentage haven't heard of Spygate?
I agree, and it blows my mind how many people - from miscellaneous forums to actual people who get paid to report on sports - have said in the past week "I had no idea these allegations even existed."

Let's try this again, since people here are deliberately compromising themselves because this is about Manning, and about left wing nutjob politics, and it's getting embarrassing to read:

We knew what happened, in the general sense rather than in every single specific detail of a case, and we knew that Manning was alleged to have draped his junk on top of his trainer's head while she was trying to deal with an injury/ailment of his. We were limited to just learning the general sense rather than the full specifics because a NDA prevented us from getting all the details, bet we knew that Manning had been accused of teabagging his trainer and had settled multiple times over the course of the case and its offshoots.

Much of this has been public for considerably longer than Spygate has been public, and it was covered by both national sporting sites (i.e. ESPN) and national papers (i.e. USA Today), so claiming that it wasn't covered is a lie. It's a 100% falsehood.

And curse you people (Especially the nutjobs at Ultraviolet) for making me defend Peyton on an issue I've been bashing him about for years.

Much of this has been public for considerably longer than Spygate has been public, and it was covered by both national sporting sites (i.e. ESPN) and national papers (i.e. USA Today), so claiming that it wasn't covered is a lie. It's a 100% falsehood.

And yet I think if you polled people, say, one month ago about this: "True, false, or not sure: Peyton Manning was accused of inappropriate conduct with a female trainer while in college," the majority of people would either say that was false or not sure.

And curse you people for making me defense Peyton on an issue I've been bashing him about for years.

That's your choice.

NY style is definitely the best... All the locals near me like the local style which is like this big thick square crust, it's like 90% dough, it's awful. Give me that big thin foldable NY pizza any day.

You better not be dissin our Pizza Perfect, best Pizza i've ever had!

And yet I think if you polled people, say, one month ago about this: "True, false, or not sure: Peyton Manning was accused of inappropriate conduct with a female trainer while in college," the majority of people would either say that was false or not sure.

Thank you for that completely irrelevant note. Many people either don't know or don't remember that NBC rigged a fiery vehicle crash (GM truck), but that also happened and was covered, and a 2015 poll showed that 32% of Americans didn't know who Justice Scalia was.

Last edited:
Whenever I see Papa John in one of his commercials, I get the eerie feeling like he's not exactly against sexual assault. Nothing to back it up, I just won't be surprised in five years when they find someone tied up in his basement.

Also his pizza sucks.

Never trust a man with waxed eyebrows.

I'm saying that if you want to think that Manning's an *******, that's fine. I'm saying that if you want to call for Manning to lose his Nationwide and Papa John's gigs over this, you're insane and need to be locked up for everyone's safety.

And doing it because you're a whack job who can't separate life from politics doesn't excuse the actions. It just shows how batshit crazy you are.
I assume you're talking to UltraViolet there, because, while I am not particularly fond of Buicks and am already insured by a Carrier other than Nationwide, I would still eat Papa John's Pizza if Manning remains as their spokesperson and don't think he should be dragooned off of any of those sponsorships for something that happened 16 years ago and for which he has made a settlement (I live in a city where there is plenty of good "non chain" Pizza, but, in a pinch, I'd eat Papa John's).

What I am saying is that it is part of the political process in the US that a highly visible person who makes a lot of money endorsing consumer products shouldn't be surprised when some of those consumers want to assert their opposition to his sponsors' choices of a spokesperson and use whatever power they have as consumers to push their agenda in that manner, especially if the highly visible person was, as you acknowledged, dumb enough to bring the whole mess up in the first place.

In this case, Manning is being dragged into the spotlight because he is a convenient source of publicity for those pursuing and/or supporting the Title IX action. As I said in my post to which you just responded, that is neither "fair" nor "unfair," but "It is what it is" because, it is consistent with what a highly visible public figure should expect.

To me, UltraViolet's statement (and I had never heard of that particular organization until today) suggests that Peyton Manning's carefully crafted image is beginning to show some cracks. I'm not going to lose any sleep over that.

Did Peyton ever say he was sorry to the woman in his book? I mean if your junk ends up accidentally on a woman's face, don't you say you are sorry? Common sense will tell you that. Instead he talks about how vulgar she was.
Page 272. He admitted that he was inappropriate but he did not apologize anywhere in his version of the story.

Peyton says he turned his back to the track athlete and pulled down his pants to moon him. He says he did it thinking the trainer was not where she could see.

Then here below is the track athlete's version where he told Peyton to own up to what he did. And this letter was written to Peyton after his book was written.

zbd1uyes0glr7in7xmsb.jpg

Last edited:
That's your choice.

Are you kidding? There is not a single thread on this in the Broncos forum
except the smack talk forum (where I brought it up).

Nonsense

The woman's received 3 settlements in the case, because Manning was stupid enough to make disparaging comments about the woman in his book. It's been dealt with.

Every women's advocacy group should shut the hell up about it.
You should make this a T-shirt and wear it to go apply for a counselor position at a battered-womens shelter.

There's a massive blind spot here, Deus. As you well know, I have been a staunch, vociferous critic of Manning the "man" for well over a decade. I've brought this "news" up countless times over the years to basically derision and mocking dismissal. These same "groups" calling for Manning's hread NOW basically told me to STFU whenever I broached the double standard handling of Saint Peyton versus Brady The Queer Cheater. These same "groups" sat back and chuckled in their dank little cubicles when the sports media slandered and libeled Brady year in and year out. "***!!!" "Soft!!!""Crybaby!!" "Metrosexual!!" "Liar!!" "Cheater!!" "Snobby white elitist!!">

We've had morons log on here just to post that their life's desire is to see Brady and his family murdered or praying they die in a fiery crash....

"sg3's Avatar <member.php?u=24039>

the kid is in good company

just about every NFL fan outside of the Boston area hates that queer

hopefully somebody cuts his brake lines and he and his family die in a fiery crash

or he gets aids and dies in agony like the ***got he is

Don't remember any of these outraged moral majority members objecting to garbage like THIS, which, let's face facts here, was an ongoing narrative since the 2nd Super Bowl win. ESPN, NFLN, the NY Post, Daily News, Miami Herald, KC Star etc all ran with the "Brady's a ***!!!" meme until years of actual Brady family unit publicity rendered this bigoted idiocy useless. So what did they do?? Morphed it right into "Cheater!!" Liar!!!" "Scumbag!!!" DIE IN A FIERY CRASH CHEATER!!"...so forgive me but,all these Joannie Come Latelies and their hysterical Peytie hate mongering rings a bit hollow with THIS Joker.

yes, forking over tons of cash makes everything right,
and "it's been dealt with just fine" :rolleyes:

What if Manning hadn't had tons of cash?
What would you want from him then?

Forking over cash does mean he's made amends in the least. That is merely all that was left for her to go after, since she went immediately to the police and they flat-out laughed at her with their "boys-will-be-boys" song and dance. Then his book got her fired from her job and she scored another pay day. Good for her.

Never trust a man with waxed eyebrows.

If they have a monobrow I can understand but christ just take a razor.

Guys don't get "waxing"..

Al Jizzeria, Shaun King, Chris Kluwe, and now "ultraviolet"

consider me convinced.

I just visited Ultraviolet's home page and nothing that I (quickly) read screamed "nut job" to me. Mayber I am missing something. Can anyone clear this up for me? I had never heard of them before today.

Are you the kind of person that criticizes people for using the term 'unbelievable' when technically nothing is truly unbelievable?

Because you took my statement, which was "this Manning thing did happen a long time ago, but it never really received any coverage" and have turned it into "the fact that there was an op-ed piece in USA Today 13 years ago that received no traction and no follow-up proves this statement 100% wrong". For starters, that's not what I said to begin with (not my use of the word 'really'), and more importantly it's just willfully misreading what I posted so that you can derail the entire conversation over a tiny semantic point. It's just stupid, and it accomplishes nothing, especially since I'd already acknowledged in this very thread that the information was technically out there for people who cared enough to go and find it after it had been thoroughly swept under the rug.

What I actually said, and what remains true, is that comparing this to Spygate because they both happened a long time ago is disingenuous. The reason why Spygate being dragged out over and over again is because it's already been beaten to death. The Pats already lost a first round pick, we already endured multiple years of every single Patriots accomplishment being accompanied by a bunch of clowns in the media desperate to put asterisks on it. To this day, any reference to the Pats' first three Super Bowl wins is accompanied by some reference to Spygate. There is no new ground left to cover.

Meanwhile, for 99% or more of sports fans, this is the first they've ever of any controversy re: this issue with Manning. No matter how long ago it happened, it's still new territory for almost every NFL fan. If you can't recognize and understand that distinction, then that's entirely on you, and maybe you should spend a bit more time trying to figure it out and a bit less attacking other people for not hating some random feminist activist group quite hard enough.

Ben Roethlisberger >/= Peypey
Ben had a scandal.
Ben's endorsement $ <<<<< Peypey endorsement $

Why?

Peyton, you're done. Get the **** off of my TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes