PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With Bill O'Brien- no SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frick

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
The defense excluding OLB looks much improved, no doubt about it.

The offense looks a tiny bit better. Make the Playoffs yes, but SB no way. Until our OC finds a way to integrate the TES into the system and finds a way to keep TB upright when pressure comes up the middle,we have no chance.

IMHO,Gronk & AH are the jewels of the receiving corps. Size, speed,hands,they are a matchup nightmare. Honestly, don't you think if they were on some opponents team we'd be getting a steady diet of these guys and not just a flash once and a while. We should use them like Ali used his jab. Take the Jets, Revis on Ocho,Cromartie on Branch, Wilson & linebacker help on Welker, HELLO, slow linebackers and small safeties on Gronk &A.H.,plus a rejuvenated running game, checkmate! I wouldn"t care if our wideouts had a catch.

Let OB-want-a-gameplan watch film of Gates in S.D. just for starters.

I wouldn't draw a lot of conclusions from two pre season games.

The offense looks a tiny bit better. Make the Playoffs yes, but SB no way. Until our OC finds a way to integrate the TES into the system and finds a way to keep TB upright when pressure comes up the middle,we have no chance.

I am just curious. On what basis do you make these bold assertions?

IMHO,Gronk & AH are the jewels of the receiving corps. Size, speed,hands,they are a matchup nightmare. Honestly, don't you think if they were on some opponents team we'd be getting a steady diet of these guys and not just a flash once and a while. We should use them like Ali used his jab. Take the Jets, Revis on Ocho,Cromartie on Branch, Wilson & linebacker help on Welker, HELLO, slow linebackers and small safeties on Gronk &A.H.,plus a rejuvenated running game, checkmate! I wouldn"t care if our wideouts had a catch.

With your obvious level of expertise, I don't understand why you are posting this here on PatsFans. This sort of insight needs to go directly to Coach B's inbox, so he can get right to work on it.

Seriously, dude.... call up the Patriots front office and demand to speak to him. This is important stuff that he NEEDS to hear!

:rolleyes:

OK I'll play. The Pats had the best offense in the NFL last year. You're saying that they look a little better this year, which means, they'll probably have the best offense in the NFL this year too. Yet that's not good enough to win the SB? hmmm. Well I bring you our new defense then, because it looks really good, and that's without Haynesworth and Ellis. What we've been missing for the last several years is a play making defense. I think we may finally have that this year and this means more opportunities for Brady and co. I say yes to a SB.

Frick sounds like he may be *fricked* up.

Should we use film from San Diego's champoinchip years?

They combined for ummm 87 receptions 1100 yards and 16 TD's last season as rookies and with injuries.

Next thread please.

Last edited:
"Against the Buccaneers, the Patriots mixed in "21" (two backs, two receivers and one tight end), "11" (one back, one tight end and three receivers), "12" (one back, two tight end and two receivers) and "13" (one back, three tight ends and one receiver) packages to create mismatches in space. Their clever utilization of tight, cluster and spread formations out of various personnel packages prevented the defense from properly matching up with New England's playmakers, which led to big plays.

To that point, the Patriots scored a pair of touchdowns out of their "13" package due to the defense's overreaction to the run-heavy tendency typically associated with the grouping."

End thread.

Really? He needs to incorporate the TEs in the passing game? You mean those guys who accounted for a third of Brady's production as rookies?

Jesus...

Really? He needs to incorporate the TEs in the passing game? You mean those guys who accounted for a third of Brady's production as rookies?

Jesus...

Really...All I can figure he means, is that O'Brien orchestrated the best offense in the NFL last year, with the league MVP at the helm, which wasn't good enough to win a Superbowl, so it's obvious that O'Brien doesn't know how to use tight ends. Huh ?

It's also obvious that O'Brien is responsible for last year's crappy third down defense. Maybe he should use his tight ends at safety or linebacker. Huh ?

The guy you say the Pats can't win a Super Bowl with is the same guy that was promoted in February.

Last edited:
Bill O'Brien has done a terrific job with the O -- integrating RBs and TE seems to be right on course. Not sure I understand this thread at all.

So you don't think Mayo is an upgrade at OLB?

In the past Ive Been a Big Time BOB Basher and i wouldn't say that after Two (2) pre season games. The O has looked fine so far.

Last edited:
Ridiculous. The offense is the best in the league - and arguably has been the best (overall) since 2007 - yet the 3rd down D struggles and the OC is the reason the team hasn't recently won a SB ?!?

If the D is 3/4 of what it was last night : score. Maybe even 2/3 as good as it was last night is good enough to win it all. And with Ellis and AH playing, it should add.

The D has been the problem. The O has carried this team too long. Since Johnson, Phifer left... (followed by Law, McG etc)

Should we use film from San Diego's champoinchip years?

Jeez Ive been looking everywhere for that film. I even called NFL Films they have been looking as well - oh thats right there is none!:singing: LOL

Last edited:
It matters not at all whether things are going poorly or well, amateurs and professionals alike can always play Blame the Coordinators in the comfort of their own homes.

Hey Frick,
What the frick are you talking about? Seriously? According to NFL.com the 2010 loser idiot Patriots were only #1 in points scored per game, #2 in avg yards per game, #5 in passing yards per game, and #1 in rushing yards per game. (New England Patriots Stats at NFL.com).

And now you are complaining that they are only a tad better? WTF? Could you please come back to reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back