PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Uber drop off at Gillette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisguy

Rookie
Reaction score
We are going to the game and will arrive at the lot between 1 and 2. My brother is coming up from NYC and his train gets into the 128 Station at 2. Will Uber (or a cab) drop off at the stadium on gameday? If so, where do they drop off?

Thanks.

I would imagine so. I mean, it wouldn't be in you or your driver's best interest to actually enter the stadium parking lot only b/c you'll be waiting in a long line of cars when it would be easier to walk.

Yes I got dropped off for the Houston game this year.

Yes, I know they do drop off at Gillette. I think your bigger issue may be pick up after the game (if you are Ubering for that). I have seen signs on outlying lots, "NO UBER PICK-UPS" suggesting there have been issues. Maybe you should call them to find out their policy.

There is a special Uber lot they will drop you off in and pick you up. It's kind of near the Bass Pro Shops. I have no clue what the price is but there are a ton of Ubers there before and after every game.

You will have take out a second mortgage for the wait in traffic.

OK, thanks. That is what I was wondering - Is there a specific lot they drop you in or can you just hop out on Route 1 in front of the stadium? It sounds like there is a lot by Bass Pro Shops, but I don't see why you couldn't get out on Route 1 in stopped traffic. It still sounds like a pain though.

And we won't need an Uber to get out because we will have out car in the lot.

Drop off near the stadium might work, but for pick-up I would walk to a spot away from traffic, like Lafayette House (can take back roads from there) if heading South or Stadium Gulf if headed North.

How much was your fare?

I don't know. A vendor paid for the Uber and tickets. My office is in Canton and I have a vague memory of either the driver or vendor saying it was $27 but I'm not sure.

You could have the Uber driver hook a U-turn at the Stadium Gulf gas station just north of the stadium, pull into the Dunkin' Donuts and drop him off. It's only a short walk down from there. Actually, if you park in the private lot behind the Dunkin' Donuts, he would be right there with you. :) It's a nice little lot and it's the same price as the stadium lots.

Where are you coming from? Last playoff game I went to (admittedly several years ago) my ex g/f and I took a "limo" (it was a glorified car service) from Boston and back and it was probably cheaper than an Uber. Dropped off right in front of the stadium. Picked up right in front of the stadium. I brought the dog since we were in from out of town and figured she'd like that better than the hotel room and the driver took care of her during the game. (she wasn't a big fan of the state police horses (the dog not the ex)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft