PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Patriots trade Ryan Mallet ?

Re: Will Ryan Mallet get traded ?

Tell you what, I dropped it at the request of 2 members i respect, but if you guys really want to keep it going then I will jump right back in. Teb ow is the worst QB I have ever seen in my life and the only possible reason that i can come up with for Belichick keeping him is that he has madde the decision to retire at the end of this season, is turning them over to McDaniels, and is keeping Tebow because McDaniels still thinks he can turn a high school QB into a good pro QB and Belichick is allowing him to use the 53rd roster spot to keep his pet project around. Other than that it would make no sense at all because Tebow is without any question the worst player that has ever attempted to make any roster at any time. he is a fumbling machine who can't pass to save his life, he is worthless, and the only reason his supporters want him here is because they love him, there is no other reason because he is worthless as a football player.

The people crowing for Tebow to be on this team are doing so at the expense of the Patriots, because they will be cutting a player who can actually contribute in favor of one who can only hurt them on the field, but since 99% of them don't give one sweet sh.t about the Patriots the team's interests don't matter, only that Timmy has a home on a roster.

What a load of garbage - and it was a joke for crying out loud.

The Tebow supporters don't care at all what happens to the Patriots, only that Timmy gets to be on a team, hopefully the QB's in front of him get hurt so he can play, and it doesn't matter to them whether they win or not, only that he gets to play. If they go 0-16 with him at QB they will be happy regardless, and would be crowing for him to return next season, and telling us he deserves another chance because how he actually plays doesn't matter, he is Timmy and he is a nice guy, so he should be on the team.

Change. The. Record.

That was an incredibly unfair cut to my quote

All I did was round up quotes in this thread saying that if Brady goes down, the season is over anyway so the backup hardly matters. It's not about you, it's a sentiment that's been said all over this board for years.

If you think Mallett is any more than that at this point, I've got some bridges to sell you.

Any more than a street-FA veteran who "might be capable of not killing you for a week or two"? Of course he is.

Mallett is maddeningly inconsistent and may or may not ever develop into a starter. But at least he's entering his third year in this offense, and he has a heck of an arm. I certainly think that if the Patriots had to play a moderate string of games they'd probably win more with Mallett than, say, John Beck (currently considered the best unemployed QB) walking in off the street. Don't you? :confused:

Change. The. Record.

Drop. The. Subject. That is my opinion on it and I have yet to see anything from the Tebow supporters that suggests otherwise, he sucks as a player but they don't care, they just love their Timmy and want him on the team no matter what. When a Tebow supporter can make an argument as to what he has actually done to make this team i will read it, so far none have come even close.

All I did was round up quotes in this thread saying that if Brady goes down, the season is over anyway so the backup hardly matters. It's not about you, it's a sentiment that's been said all over this board for years.

Any more than a street-FA veteran who "might be capable of not killing you for a week or two"? Of course he is.

Mallett is maddeningly inconsistent and may or may not ever develop into a starter. But at least he's entering his third year in this offense, and he has a heck of an arm. I certainly think that if the Patriots had to play a moderate string of games they'd probably win more with Mallett than, say, John Beck (currently considered the best unemployed QB) walking in off the street. Don't you? :confused:

Probably, but if it is a choice between Mallett and Beck + a first rounder, that is an easy decision to make. :rocker:

Drop. The. Subject. That is my opinion on it and I have yet to see anything from the Tebow supporters that suggests otherwise, he sucks as a player but they don't care, they just love their Timmy and want him on the team no matter what. When a Tebow supporter can make an argument as to what he has actually done to make this team i will read it, so far none have come even close.

Because you haven't asked the right question.

Probably, but if it is a choice between Mallett and Beck + a first rounder, that is an easy decision to make. :rocker:

Yep, I'll also take Jimmy Graham, Maurkice Pouncey or Earl Thomas straight up for him. :D

Because you haven't asked the right question.

You must mean whether or not he can play defense, because we already know that he is a fumbling machine who can't pass and cannot help them on offense.

You must mean whether or not he can play defense, because we already know that he is a fumbling machine who can't pass and cannot help them on offense.

If you want to keep doing this, let's head over to your thread.

_gif__dis_gun_b_gud__by_aartboy-d5cp797.gif

tumblr_ltpe8gq6gB1r4ghkoo1_400.gif

If you want to keep doing this, let's head over to your thread.

Nope, I dropped it, I only jumped back in because you guys keep bringing my name into and when you started saying that I want him on the team decided that was the time to make clear once again that I actually give a sh.t about what happens to them this season and don't support in any way wasting a roster spot on a player who simply does not belong on an NFL roster. 31 other teams had apparently figured that out but Timmy's rabbi convinced Belichick to give him one more chance. At this point I really wish O'Brien had stayed and McDaniels had gone to Penn St.

Nope, I dropped it, I only jumped back in because you guys keep bringing my name into and when you started saying that I want him on the team decided that was the time to make clear once again that I actually give a sh.t about what happens to them this season and don't support in any way wasting a roster spot on a player who simply does not belong on an NFL roster. 31 other teams had apparently figured that out but Timmy's rabbi convinced Belichick to give him one more chance. At this point I really wish O'Brien had stayed and McDaniels had gone to Penn St.

So you don't think I give a sh.t about what happens? Just because we see things slightly differently does not mean you care more than me. And stop it with this silly "wasting a roster spot" nonsense. It's the 53rd man if at all - that's Jake Bequette or Nate Ebner - not friggin' Tom Brady.

So you don't think I give a sh.t about what happens? Just because we see things slightly differently does not mean you care more than me. And stop it with this silly "wasting a roster spot" nonsense. It's the 53rd man if at all - that's Jake Bequette or Nate Ebner - not friggin' Tom Brady.

Nope, i know you are a Patriots fan I just think your love affair with Tebow has clouded your judgement severely, but 99% of his supporters are not Patriots fans, just Timmy fans, and they don't give one crap about this team and will go with him wherever he goes, as they have done the past 4 years. On the other issue you couldn't be more wrong, Branden Bolden, Jermaine Cunningham, Daniel Fells etc... would contribute to this team, Tebow will only do serious damage to them if he ever steps on the field, if his name wasn't Tim Tebow he would be going door to door selling insurance instead of taking the spot of a more deserving player.

Just watched the intro to Chicago/Oakland game and those idiot announcers just said that their 3rd pre-season game is a "last chance for many of these players to show that they deserve to get a spot on these rosters."

What a bunch of idiots, who would ever say such a stupid thing? What on earth are these teams thinking? That's not how it works..........

Nope, i know you are a Patriots fan I just think your love affair with Tebow has clouded your judgement severely, but 99% of his supporters are not Patriots fans, just Timmy fans, and they don't give one crap about this team and will go with him wherever he goes, as they have done the past 4 years. On the other issue you couldn't be more wrong, Branden Bolden, Jermaine Cunningham, Daniel Fells etc... would contribute to this team, Tebow will only do serious damage to them if he ever steps on the field, if his name wasn't Tim Tebow he would be going door to door selling insurance instead of taking the spot of a more deserving player.

Just watched the intro to Chicago/Oakland game and those idiot announcers just said that their 3rd pre-season game is a "last chance for many of these players to show that they deserve to get a spot on these rosters."

What a bunch of idiots, who would ever say such a stupid thing? What on earth are these teams thinking? That's not how it works..........

Yes, cause he did SOOOOO MUCH DAMAGE to the Broncos when he took over.... so much hyperbole....

No, what you did was chop my post to fit an argument of yours when my post didn't fit that argument because I noted essentially what you were trying to argue in that very same post.

You have nothing in the way of evidence to back this claim.

Mallett's totally unproven so, no, I don't necessarily think he's a better option than whatever street FAs will be available post-final cutdowns. What little we've seen of Mallett has been lousy.

Yes, cause he did SOOOOO MUCH DAMAGE to the Broncos when he took over.... so much hyperbole....

And yet they couldn't get rid of him fast enough. IMO I think the broncos would have gotten rid of him regardless of wether PM signed or not. I can't vouch for this but every time they showed John elways face it looked like he wanted to puke. I don't think anyone bought into Tebow in the organization, if they did they wouldn't be spending 20 million per for a 37 year old that can't play in cold weather.
Also I don't think McCoy bought into him either otherwise he would have brought him in to SD.

Mallet’s amazing arm is likely a big part of his problem, he feels comfortable rocketing the ball because he’s so good at it, so whenever he feels uncomfortable he just tries to throw it harder and the pass winds up on the ground. Arm strength, like money, doesn’t benefit someone unless they first understand how to use it. He simply doesn’t get the concept of “touch”.

Jamarcus Russell has a heck of an arm. :bricks:

And yet they couldn't get rid of him fast enough. IMO I think the broncos would have gotten rid of him regardless of wether PM signed or not. I can't vouch for this but every time they showed John elways face it looked like he wanted to puke. I don't think anyone bought into Tebow in the organization, if they did they wouldn't be spending 20 million per for a 37 year old that can't play in cold weather.
Also I don't think McCoy bought into him either otherwise he would have brought him in to SD.

That's all besides the point. The argument wasn't if he was the long term answer, whether they should have gone after manning... or even if he was a decent quarterback. The argument is against the hyperbolic statement that he would do damage to a team if he had to take over. Facts and history prove otherwise because taking a 1-4 team to the playoffs and making the franchise appealing enough to court PFM isn't doing damage. Not saying he was the reason for the turn around, but he sure as hell didn't cause damage.

Oh god. Here comes another 500 post thread.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back