Asking for your support

Will there be a new OC in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 57 81.4%
  • No

Votes: 13 18.6%

• Total voters
Sounds good.

Like, can we stop pretending Bill has leverage? "Oh you can't tell me what to do I quit!" Good, that means Kraft won't have to pay you.

And replace him with? Let me guess, Adam Gase, or Kliff Kingsbury, or Matt Ruhle……. Yep, really going to win Lombardi’s with the clowns who are available.

Patricia is NOT a OC. Lots of crappy play calling. I think Mac is frustrated as a result...

The problem is that this should have been a season where we could actually gauge whether Jones has what it takes to become a franchise QB, but the design of the offense, and atrocious personnel decisions and play calling make that next to impossible.

Sounds good.

Like, can we stop pretending Bill has leverage? "Oh you can't tell me what to do I quit!" Good, that means Kraft won't have to pay you.
He pays him based on what his contract says.

For all we know BB is under contract for the next 3-4 years at $20m per.

From the moment the hiring was announced, Belichick was the only person who though this would work.
Yup literally everyone else in the sport had serious concerns about this. I have no doubt in my mind that this decision will very likely go down as the biggest mistake of Bill's career. The only one that even comes close was benching Butler in the Super Bowl

Well if rumors are to be true it sounds like Bill O'brien is coming back. For whatever you can say about him at least he is an ACTUAL OC. It's sad that bill jettisoned this season by "trying to learn of his buddy can be an OC" rather than idk hiring an actual one.

This team probably has a winning record with any competent OC.

It does still bother me Abit though that at this point Bill only can hire his buddies and retreads. No fresh blood.

From the moment the hiring was announced, Belichick was the only person who though this would work.
It could have worked. But MP was too arrogant. He wanted to make big changes and that led to technique and execution declining, plus a whole host of other trash.

I wan him fired if he does not. I think it's time to move on anyway but that would just be unforgivable.

Looks like Obrein coming on aim guessing as assistant head coach and will get the main job when Bill retires.
I don’t hate it but I really was really hoping for Payton or the Eagles OC

I thought Patricia was brought in to replace Ernie Adam’s, and I still think that role would suit him, but he shouldn’t be coaching.

It could have worked. But MP was too arrogant. He wanted to make big changes and that led to technique and execution declining, plus a whole host of other trash.

I agree with your second part. But I still don't know if it could've worked. Patricia was an okay DC (let's be honest the defense improved once he left).

Doesn't make him qualified to lead an NFL offense. Same way Josh McDaniels probably shouldn't be a DC.

But Bill is so arrogant that he thinks he can stick anyone in at OC and it would be fine. And Patricia was arrogant to think he could as well. And this is what we get.

Now after a wasted year bill is going to hire an actual OC because ya know it's not as easy as he thought it would be.

I agree with your second part. But I still don't know if it could've worked. Patricia was an okay DC (let's be honest the defense improved once he left).

Doesn't make him qualified to lead an NFL offense. Same way Josh McDaniels probably shouldn't be a DC.

But Bill is so arrogant that he thinks he can stick anyone in at OC and it would be fine. And Patricia was arrogant to think he could as well. And this is what we get.

Now after a wasted year bill is going to hire an actual OC because ya know it's not as easy as he thought it would be.

Well, the only way it would have worked is if MP left the old system in place and slowly built on it. That didn’t happen.

Well, the only way it would have worked is if MP left the old system in place and slowly built on it. That didn’t happen.

Yeah I'm not really sure why Patricia thought he with no OC experience could or should change an offensive system that was in place for 20 years. And install a brand new one. And to do that on a 2nd year QB when all we hear is "young players need continuity"

It's just pure arrogance on Patricias part. But we know he's arrogant because he basically told the Detroit players that he was responsible for butlers pick...

And I'm not sure what system he put in place where receivers run the same routes next to each other or run into each other.

This situation doesn’t get better until Bill is gone. He’s the problem and not part the solution. It’s been that way for years.

I’m just hoping the Krafts finally wake up to that reality and decide to stand up to the Bill worshippers and the thumb sucking Patriots fans to whom Bill is the security banky which they’re not brave enough to live without and move on from their one-time greatest coach who is now an over-the-hill has-been who the game and moment have passed by.

This situation doesn’t get better until Bill is gone. He’s the problem and not part the solution. It’s been that way for years.

I’m just hoping the Krafts finally wake up to that reality and decide to stand up to the Bill worshippers and the thumb sucking Patriots fans to whom Bill is the security banky which they’re not brave enough to live without and move on from their one-time greatest coach who is now an over-the-hill has-been who the game and moment have passed by.

To be fair. If any other coach refused to hire an OC for their 2nd year QB and instead hired a DC and special teams coach to handle the offense and it looked like this.....they would be fired. It's grossly negligent how he handled the coaching staff. And basically jettisoned the season with his arrogance.

Only reason he won't be is because of his "reputation." Seems he sold Kraft that "don't worry we are bringing in O'Brien next year removing Patricia from his role and the offense will improve" which I hope and think it will. I think we are a 10-11 win team if McDaniels was still here.

But I'd we have another .500 season then I think they have to think about moving on from Bill at some point.

We all know BB is incredibly stubborn. However, he also continually preaches doing what's best for the team. Clearly with a team bordering on dysfunctionality, the "Hail Moron", the worst RZ offence in the league do you think he will swallow his pride and change OC? I've no problem with Patricia being moved somewhere else, but I almost can't comprehend the possibility that next season see's him still calling offensive plays.
He would be CRAZY not to. It has become blatantly obvious to anyone with eyes that Matt Patricia is not qualified to be an offensive play-caller at the NFL level. This failed experiment must END.

Doesn't Patricia also coach the OL?
Yes he does and our OL play has been horrific this year. BB has never managed to find a proper replacement for the legendary OL coach Dante Scarnecchia.

If we want a true coaching upgrade next year: demote Matt Patricia to water boy, demote Joe Judge to coffee and donuts boy. Hire new OC, Hire new OL coach, hire new QB coach.

Yes he does and our OL play has been horrific this year. BB has never managed to find a proper replacement for the legendary OL coach Dante Scarnecchia.

If we want a true coaching upgrade next year: demote Matt Patricia to water boy, demote Joe Judge to coffee and donuts boy. Hire new OC, Hire new OL coach, hire new QB coach.
Scar is arguably the third most important person in the dynasty years. He is impossible to replace. But for sure hire someone whose only job is OL coaching. I want to see scenes of the OL on the bench all facing and paying attention to an actual coach actually coaching them up when the D is on the field.

Since we're talking about getting rid of Bill again... Albert Breer said he worked in Dallas in 2006 or 207 and he said Bill Parcells left the Cowboys only because Jerry Jones wanted to regain control of the team again. In fact, he said their relationship was fine, but Parcells doesn't operate that way. Belichick learned from Parcells, so he speculates if the Kraft's try to tell him what to do, Bill could walk.

Since we're talking about getting rid of Bill again... Albert Breer said he worked in Dallas in 2006 or 207 and he said Bill Parcells left the Cowboys only because Jerry Jones wanted to regain control of the team again. In fact, he said their relationship was fine, but Parcells doesn't operate that way. Belichick learned from Parcells, so he speculates if the Kraft's try to tell him what to do, Bill could walk.

If Bill wants to keep Patricia as OC he should walk

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back