PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In 2022 could we hear serious rumblings that Kraft is contemplating firing BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point. 10 wins a season till the end of his contract in 2025 and he gets to the top of the wins chart.

This season might be tough but if Mac is for real I think our window is a lot closer to opening again than people think.
This is going to be an interesting season SB, I've heard people(experts) say we're a 6 win team( bottom of the afc east) and I've also heard experts predict that we are a playoff team and can challenge Buffalo for the division title.

I want to see how we look during TC and preseason before I make any bold predictions. I like what I am hearing about Mac though, I think he'll be improved so we'll see. Going to be an interesting season this year and don't forget, next year we have tons of salary cap space.

I am still not enamored with Buffalo. People look to their end of the season and playoff push and forget they were a team that couldn't string together back to back wins until December. And that they lost to the Jags in embarrassing fashion. You can't limp through the season and get hot in the playoffs every year. Ask the Giants about a decade ago. They were wildly up and down.

No doubt they are a legitimate contender because of the talent they have, but I could see them take a step back this year if they repeat the first 2/3 of the season this year like they did last.
You want to play your best ball in December.

What does Tampa have anything to do with Belichick getting fired?

And no Tampa is not going to skate to a Super Bowl win. Their schedule is incredibly difficult and they could end up going 10-7, especially with a former Jete HC at the helm. So just relax.

Bill doesn't care about names. He cares about performance. The teams that do care about names are the ones that win 1 super bowl and then fall apart.
Didn't say Bill cares. I'm talking about Kraft.

Didn't say Bill cares. I'm talking about Kraft.

I don’t think signing big free agents in order to put people in the seats is what this team is about and Kraft realizes it…

If TB12 can be released then certainly any one can be let go, including BB. He should never be fired but if he wanted to do something else and Kraft wanted a change …it could happen. Might be a win win for all parties

Comments:

1.) My $$$ is on Belichick outlasting Kraft.

2.) JE11 said, "Foxboro Forever" a few days ago....take that for what its worth.

3.) I won't hate on JE11 if he joins up with Tommy and Gronk down south....don't care. I have moved on to the young pups.

4.) For Kraft to fire BB, we'd need a 5-11 season...getting scorched by the Bills 2X while never forcing a punt again...and probably getting swept by the Jets/Fish as well... all of that coupled with BB "checking out" mentally....

Pats will be fine. After a dynasty ends it takes a long time to be contenders again. We are ahead of schedule with a promising QB. We will not be as bad as some people think, but I also know we most likely will not be contending for a Superbowl this season unless there's a big leap from Mac. 2023 is when I see us making a big push

If I was the mod, I would have deleted this. Since i am not I asked that it be and many posters seem to agree.
Why would I delete it? I've already stated my thoughts on it and I sort of feel like if someone is going to put this out there, they have to essentially be prepared for the responses - or for this to be pulled back out later and potentially used against them if the season goes better than maybe they thought it might ;)

Plus, I feel like in years where we've had threads like this prior to the season, things have ended turning out pretty well :cool:

Last edited:
As long as Bill wants to coach here, he stays.

For crying out loud. The guy has earned some cred.

F the $$.

Let's pass Foola.

And I have no problem going 5-12 and 6-11 if we win it all in '24.

He's not perfect, but BB did what he had to do to win the last game of the year 9 times, six in the SB, and two missing the postseason on a tiebreaker.

I aint saying that it will happen, but if this season plays out like I believe that it will Bobbys blood pressure will be rising.

Lets face the music? Some crazy things have already happened. Patricia is now the OC. Stevie Belichick is basically free to run amok. The Pats best CB is gone and the run defense was already an issue.

Moreover, Edelman is joining his BFF in Tampa. JE will approach the Pats about returning, but BB has moved on with a core 5 of Thornton, Parker, Bourne, Agahlor and Meyers. Harry is the only spot open, but the Pats always seem to keep a young low cost prospect WR like Wilkerson. There is simply no room. JE is not the future and why would you sink money in a player who would take limited snaps at best? JE does not move the needle in my eyes.

So, you have Brady, Gronk and Edelman. 3 former Pats players who BB let go and have all reunited playing together in Tampa, Florida. I see Tampa making the playoffs and give them a better than favorable shot at representing the NFC in the Superbowl. The NFC is very weak and very few teams stand in Tampas way. Buffalo is my AFC representative. If the Bills do not go back to the Superbowl this season they never will. Bobbys team didnt make it and as you can imagine he is none too happy about that alone, then add insult to injury Brady, Gronk and Edelman are there.

Now I believe that this is where the story takes a curve. The Bills win the Superbowl. All the talk for weeks will be about Brady the GOAT and # 8. He owns the Bills. The Bills will be receiving little to no respeck. We saw what an NFL team from the AFCE did in 2001 that nobody respected. Every dog has his day and curses do not last forever.

Doesn't matter if BB fcked up getting rid of Brady. It's irrelevant now. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Getting rid of BB won't help us. He's the best coach in the league and one of the best GMs. BB will stay as long as he likes. Kraft should keep bolstering the GM office with smart staff to help BB, that's all.

Reactions: Ian
Why would I delete it? I've already stated my thoughts on it and I sort of feel like if someone is going to put this out there, they have to essentially be prepared for the responses - or for this to be pulled back out later and potentially used against them if the season goes better than maybe they thought it might ;)

Plus, I feel like in years where we've had threads like this prior to the season, things have ended turning out pretty well :cool:
Maybe it’s just me. I find the negativity around here to be unbearable. I feel like it ruins the board. Now we are moving into projecting negativity and discussing the result of the made up failure.

I don’t think signing big free agents in order to put people in the seats is what this team is about and Kraft realizes it…

I didn't say that, either. You're reducing my point. My point is contingent on both those things.

Firing Bill makes the team drastically worse and then the only thing bringing asses to seats and eyes to the TV would be names, which he also doesn't have.

I'm just pointing out that Kraft would have to be insane to do something like that based off circumstances. In fact, your assertion proves that: Kraft has never suggested that he makes decisions based off of just one of those things, so it'd be really out of left field to do that.

Kraft wants to field a winning team and make profit. Having Bill best positions them to do just that.

I guess the main counterpoint to my argument is: does firing Bill exclusively mean the replacement would be demonstrably worse? Or could this team actually be better without him. I personally don't think that a different coach could do better with this team, and lean more towards the team being demonstrably worse.

Totally open to being ripped apart for that, especially if anyone has a better idea for a coach.

The Pats looked like the best team in the AFC at one point last year.

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey