PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In 2022 could we hear serious rumblings that Kraft is contemplating firing BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s just me. I find the negativity around here to be unbearable. I feel like it ruins the board. Now we are moving into projecting negativity and discussing the result of the made up failure.
I try to roll with it here & in society in general. I try to interject positivity when I can, without dismissing people's ideas.

I wouldn't wallow in it, but people do need to express themselves.

Krafty Bob would never fire Bill the Coach or Bill the GM. Krafty would do him a solid and have him retire, have him leave due to "health issues" or something like that. Krafty might let Bill take a ceremonial position with the organization. But would Krafty do this and should he do this for cause? Abso f#cking lutely. We've gone over chapter and verse of the team's terrible performance against any opponent or quarterback who isn't a bottom rung dweller. The past is the past and we have a pretty solid case that the Patriots success was more Brady than Bill - to think otherwise is simply burying your head in the sand. The coach cannot retain a job solely based on his stellar record with a certain quarterback. What we have to work with is a 7-9 no playoff season and a 10-7 season with an embarrassing blow out playoff loss. In 2020 they were 6-6 and only a game out of a wild card spot and Coach Bill's team went 1-3 down the stretch and the season was down the toilet. In 2021 Coach Bill's team was 9-4, first place in the AFC East (and I think had the #1 seed) and then limped through the rest of the season with a 1-3 record and we know what happened in the WC game in Buffalo - a historically pathetic performance. Another season that mimics the last 2? Yes, bye Bill, it's time for a new direction. And when I say a new direction, I say not Bill's kids, not Matt Patricia - new blood and new ideas and needed.

I’m not sure being like sports talk radio is a good goal.
I didn't say I was trying to be like that - not sure how you came away with that notion. I listened because I was trying to figure out where people were even coming up with this stuff because it didn't make any sense. After listening to it, all I'm saying is that at least I know where people are getting some of it from, albeit it doesn't make it any less ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I didn't say I was trying to be like that - not sure how you came away with that notion. I listened because I was trying to figure out where people were even coming up with this stuff because it didn't make any sense. After listening to it, all I'm saying is that at least I know where people are getting some of it from, albeit it doesn't make it any less ridiculous. :rolleyes:
I didn’t mean YOUR goal.

Reactions: Ian
There's been plenty of frustration here with the lack of ability or willingness to bring in new coaching talent. Here's a few questions, has Kraft expressed any frustration of his own about this? Is it possible Kraft wants this Belichick nucleus (kids, friends) as much as BB does? Is Kraft himself afraid of change and knowing that BB's remaining time is limited, wants to ensure that the same culture that has been established moves forward after BB retires (queue the "the culture was Brady's culture comments")?

There's been plenty of frustration here with the lack of ability or willingness to bring in new coaching talent. Here's a few questions, has Kraft expressed any frustration of his own about this? Is it possible Kraft wants this Belichick nucleus (kids, friends) as much as BB does? Is Kraft himself afraid of change and knowing that BB's remaining time is limited, wants to ensure that the same culture that has been established moves forward after BB retires (queue the "the culture was Brady's culture comments")?
Yeah. These are good questions. I am not sure Kraft minds. But in the end he wants to win and make $$$ so if Bill and his kids fail to do that then they will be gone. I doubt after this season though. I think he gets a few more to try to make this rebuild into a contender.

We've gone over chapter and verse of the team's terrible performance against any opponent or quarterback who isn't a bottom rung dweller.
They were 3-7 (including playoffs) vs teams .500 or better. 3 straight late season collapses.
Yes, bye Bill, it's time for a new direction. And when I say a new direction, I say not Bill's kids, not Matt Patricia - new blood and new ideas and needed.
I agree. When Bill does leave, Bob or Jon need to clean house.

That would require something like a 6-11 finish and a variety of things would have to go wrong for it to come close to reaching that point.
I'm on record predicting 9 or 10 wins and a wild card exit from the postseason. However, 6-11 is not unfathomable. Their roster isn't that impressive and their schedule is fairly difficult. These could be your 11 losses:

@ Miami
@ Pittsburgh
@ Green Bay
@ Cleveland
Indianapolis
@ Minnesota
Buffalo
@ Arizona
@ Las Vegas
Cincinnati
@ Buffalo

Do I really believe they'll go 1-8 on the road? No, but I do believe there could be a path in there for reaching 11 losses.

Moreover, Edelman is joining his BFF in Tampa. JE will approach the Pats about returning, but BB has moved on with a core 5 of Thornton, Parker, Bourne, Agahlor and Meyers. Harry is the only spot open, but the Pats always seem to keep a young low cost prospect WR like Wilkerson. There is simply no room. JE is not the future and why would you sink money in a player who would take limited snaps at best? JE does not move the needle in my eyes.
If Godwin is healthy and Gronk returns then there's no room for Edelman in Tampa Bay either. The Bucs also have several young receivers on their roster... Tyler Johnson and Jaelon Darden, Scotty Miller is still only 24, and they have an UDFA Deven Thompkins who's caught the eyes of the coaching staff. I really don't believe Edelman would seriously consider a comeback anyway but if he did then it won't be with the Bucs.

Patricia is now the OC. Stevie Belichick is basically free to run amok.
The current construction of the coaching staff would seem to indicate the Krafts are a million miles away from firing Bill. If they had any uncertainty about Bill then why would they let him promote his sons to prominent coaching positions and rehire goons like Patricia and Judge who are now overseeing the development of their franchise quarterback. The Krafts apparently are going to let Bill ride this thing out in his own way... that became apparent when they let Brady walk away for nothing and then watched him humiliate all of them by immediately winning a Super Bowl. Now they can only hope Bill's coaching moves don't amount to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

I'm on record predicting 9 or 10 wins and a wild card exit from the postseason. However, 6-11 is not unfathomable. Their roster isn't that impressive and their schedule is fairly difficult. These could be your 11 losses:

@ Miami
@ Pittsburgh
@ Green Bay
@ Cleveland
Indianapolis
@ Minnesota
Buffalo
@ Arizona
@ Las Vegas
Cincinnati
@ Buffalo

Do I really believe they'll go 1-8 on the road? No, but I do believe there could be a path in there for reaching 11 losses.

If Godwin is healthy and Gronk returns then there's no room for Edelman in Tampa Bay either. The Bucs also have several young receivers on their roster... Tyler Johnson and Jaelon Darden, Scotty Miller is still only 24, and they have an UDFA Deven Thompkins who's caught the eyes of the coaching staff. I really don't believe Edelman would seriously consider a comeback anyway but if he did then it won't be with the Bucs.

The current construction of the coaching staff would seem to indicate the Krafts are a million miles away from firing Bill. If they had any uncertainty about Bill then why would they let him promote his sons to prominent coaching positions and rehire goons like Patricia and Judge who are now overseeing the development of their franchise quarterback. The Krafts apparently are going to let Bill ride this thing out in his own way... that became apparent when they let Brady walk away for nothing and then watched him humiliate all of them by immediately winning a Super Bowl. Now they can only hope Bill's coaching moves don't amount to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
Go to the other thread and tell me how it plays out Week by Week. Don't think about the final record, just go one game at a time and quietly think about each one to yourself and how it plays out, and write it out. I did it just for fun to try and play it out in my head and would be curious to read about how they get to 11 losses in a little more detail ;)

The fact that this thread is now 6 pages long is an embarrassment to the board. I thought we were better than this.

The fact that I bothered to post on this thread is even MORE embarrassing. I am ashamed of myself.

The fact that this thread is now 6 pages long is an embarrassment to the board. I thought we were better than this.

The fact that I bothered to post on this thread is even MORE embarrassing. I am ashamed of myself.
I let this play out for the sake of people having to be accountable as I'll be referring back to it depending on how the year goes. Yes, I do agree that we need to focus more on the team instead of talking about catastrophic scenarios without having played a down of football yet. This is a thread that at best should have appeared in mid-November with a 1-7 record. Not in mid-June after the quarterback looked terrific and the team performed well enough where Belichick ended OTAs early.

I'm going to close this so we can move on.

This is not complicated ... Bill Belichick deserves the dignity of what he has earned as a coach.
Firing is horrible ... way below this situation. A retiring ... agreed upon trade ... or Bob simply
allows Bill to choose what is best for him and the team ... as Belichick himself has always said.

I am also disgusted to post in the thread ... but seriously ... firing will not happen ... so undignified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes