PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wickersham and others drop numerous bombshells on Belichick/Brady relationship

Look at what I was responding to - those WERE the top guys available. Some worked out, some didn’t, but it disproved the argument to which I responded.

Sure, but I was just using the reply to your post to make a different point.

Sure, but I was just using the reply to your post to make a different point.
That some of the top guys worked out and others didn’t?

That’s free agency. Not a single WR that year lived up to his contract more than Bourne.

And Judon, Mills, Godchaux, Andrews, all exceeded their contracts considerably.

Explain to all of us why it's ok for Brady to get on the boat with Ross while he's still under contract with the Pats. I'd like the league to explain to me why that was ok, but we had to lose picks (the same ones that people hold against BB for being a "terrible finder of talent") for an absolute crime against his own team. How did the Dolphins escape that one?

The Dolphins lost a draft pick for that. That's how bad that was.

the only reason Brady looked done in 2019 and in decline in 2018 was that Bill saddled him with garbage offensive roster....

when brady went from 25td's in 2019 throwing to sanu/ben watson to 40tds in 2020 throwing to mike evans/godwin it was pretty obvious that it was all about the talent around him(or lack thereof) that Bill gave him.

and now bill built the offensive roster the same way...it didn't work with Brady but we were expecting it to work with someone far below brady's intellect and talent level.
100% Belichick has been the problem for years. Krafts had no choice but to remove the cancer from the body.

No one has mentioned this about the Wickersham article, but... Brady was forced to work with Guerrero in a storage shed full of tractors?

Really? This was supposedly after practices since Guerrero was removed from the training room.

Does Wickersham not realize that Guerrero had his own training center TB12 right on the premises? I mean, everyone saw Man in the Arena, we saw many scenes filmed inside Guerrero's training space.

What the heck is this stuff about tractor shed? And if there's any truth to what Wickersham wrote, why in the world would they train in a shed?

No one has mentioned this about the Wickersham article, but... Brady was forced to work with Guerrero in a storage shed full of tractors?

Really? This was supposedly after practices since Guerrero was removed from the training room.

Does Wickersham not realize that Guerrero had his own training center TB12 right on the premises? I mean, everyone saw Man in the Arena, we saw many scenes filmed inside Guerrero's training space.

What the heck is this stuff about tractor shed? And if there's any truth to what Wickersham wrote, why in the world would they train in a shed?

Everyone knows he was banned from the premise.

His access was restored later.

And I don't blame Bill for this one either. Guerrero is a grifter and was inserting him self and his lame practice onto key players of his team.

He worked for Tom, not the Patriots.

That some of the top guys worked out and others didn’t?

That’s free agency. Not a single WR that year lived up to his contract more than Bourne.

And Judon, Mills, Godchaux, Andrews, all exceeded their contracts considerably.

Andrews was a resigning, not really part of the FA class. Bourne had one good year, one meh year and gets a pass for last year because of injury. No one thinks Bourne is a 1 or 2 receiver on a decent offense. Godchaux is a bit better than a jag, but nothing special. He is better than his subpar PFF grade but not by much; Covington did wonders with him. Mills is a zone corner/safety, not exactly a rare commodity, though I like him. Judon was the only great signing.

BB signed Jonnu, Agholor and a lot of other mediocrity. He had to do that because he didn’t draft well on the offensive side of the ball for nearly a decade.

100% Belichick has been the problem for years. Krafts had no choice but to remove the cancer from the body.
It will never not infuriate me how many people completely threw Brady under the bus in 2019 and were ready to discard the best QB ever like trash to absolve Bill of that disaster offense and then in turn spent years making excuses for that same offense continuing to be a problem and finding scapegoat after scapegoat for it. It was so obvious to me how much 2019 was shades of 2013, the stats were almost identical, Brady's mannerisms were almost identical.

The only thing unpredictable about this situation was how little Bill would actually even bother to attempt to fix some of the problems. Everyone and their mother knew offense was the priority last off season. We got rid of the best WR and best RB and didn't draft an offensive player until round 4 and didn't draft a pass catcher until round 6. No clue how some people had blinders on and thought that it wasn't going to be a massive down year.

You knew that before the Miami game? You're a genius! Call Kraft and give him all the players in this upcoming draft and free agent period that will guarantee us a Super Bowl. I'll take you to Friendly s for a nice ice cream idf it works out.
You do realize that proceeding the Miami game...

1. The sexual assault accusation already occured a few days prior.
2. Antonio Brown spent the prior off season completely imploding on the Steelers and outright avoiding Rooney until they were forced to cut him. A bunch of horror stories came out about his time in Pittsburgh. He got paid a fortune by the Raiders and had a huge saga about what helmet he could wear and skipping practice over it and then injured himself by freezing his foot.

He was a walking nuclear bomb before we ever had him play a game for us. Like he was the number one story of that off season.

Andrews was a resigning, not really part of the FA class. Bourne had one good year, one meh year and gets a pass for last year because of injury. No one thinks Bourne is a 1 or 2 receiver on a decent offense. Godchaux is a bit better than a jag, but nothing special. He is better than his subpar PFF grade but not by much; Covington did wonders with him. Mills is a zone corner/safety, not exactly a rare commodity, though I like him. Judon was the only great signing.

BB signed Jonnu, Agholor and a lot of other mediocrity. He had to do that because he didn’t draft well on the offensive side of the ball for nearly a decade.
Stop it with this decade nonsense. If you want to *****, you get three years tops when it comes to drafting.
Anyone that *****es about 2015 and beyond is being ungrateful. A professional life at most positions is 3.5 years. That means you're willing to tell all those guys during that time frame that their SB rings don't mean **** to you. I bet you couldnt say it to their face though.

A tally Id love to see, how many players from the time BB started to now, have a ring? Compare it to Reid, Shula, Landry, Shanahan, etc... Pick a coach.

Yeah, he can't pick players. He missed on Harry and ) Jones.

Everyone knows he was banned from the premise.

His access was restored later.

And I don't blame Bill for this one either. Guerrero is a grifter and was inserting him self and his lame practice onto key players of his team.

He worked for Tom, not the Patriots.
That's not the point. Wickersham says he was banished from the training room so they had to use a tractor shed out in the fields instead.

I'm saying that this story is hard to believe since Guerrero had his own training center right there in the plaza.

I think you underrate Godchaux. He's much more than that. They only signed him in the first place because the OL rated him the hardest defender to move in the NFL. He's playing like Keith Traylor back there.

As for Jonnu, he was held back by having to play with Mac. Look at his numbers down in Atlanta. 2x as many yards as he had in 2 years with Mac.

We brought in some others not mentioned here though, like Peppers, Tavai, Henry, even Zeke.

You do realize that proceeding the Miami game...

1. The sexual assault accusation already occured a few days prior.
2. Antonio Brown spent the prior off season completely imploding on the Steelers and outright avoiding Rooney until they were forced to cut him. A bunch of horror stories came out about his time in Pittsburgh. He got paid a fortune by the Raiders and had a huge saga about what helmet he could wear and skipping practice over it and then injured himself by freezing his foot.

He was a walking nuclear bomb before we ever had him play a game for us. Like he was the number one story of that off season.
IT WAS BRADY THAT PUSHED FOR IT! Same as he did for Sanu.
Belichick got everything available for TB after he got on the boat with Ross and Flores. Then he cried about being "the most unhappy 8-0 qb ever". What? None of you bring that up. Not one time. He should have been traded for 10 draft picks right then.

That's not the point. Wickersham says he was banished from the training room so they had to use a tractor shed out in the fields instead.

I'm saying that this story is hard to believe since Guerrero had his own training center right there in the plaza.

From my understanding is he was banned from that practice.

I don't know anything about a shed in the field but I do remember reading before they was out in a shed.

IT WAS BRADY THAT PUSHED FOR IT! Same as he did for Sanu.
Belichick got everything available for TB after he got on the boat with Ross and Flores. Then he cried about being "the most unhappy 8-0 qb ever". What? None of you bring that up. Not one time. He should have been traded for 10 draft picks right then.
Everyone wanted AB. That wasn't the problem. The problem was that we were in a position where we bet the entire season on

1. N'Keal Harry who is one of the biggest busts in franchise history.
2. Josh Gordon who got suspended every single year after his sophmore season because he couldn't stay away from drugs.
3. Demaryius Thomas who was washed.
4. AB who was a total headcase that two franchises who invested a lot in gave up on within the last season.

And frankly this all started a year earlier when we didn't try to keep Cooks and traded him and couldn't find and adequate replacement and went on a WR carousal that off season which continued the next year.

Frankly I don't blame Brady one iota for pushing for WR's with the trash he was given. He was desperate. The franchise had one foot out the door on him. The offense was ****ing atrocious and everyone knew it. They finally faced a good team in the Ravens and got their teeth kicked in and it became a trend for every decent team they played. Oh and everyone was trying to blame Brady for it and calling him washed while Bill got jerked off over for his fraudalent defense that became a pumpkin everytime they played a relevant team.

And in reality BRADY WAS RIGHT. The Patriots have had an untalented garbage offense that no team in the league respected for the last 4 seasons and Brady went to a team with some good WR's and one a Super Bowl and almost an MVP.

You can't seperate getting AB with why we were so desperate for WR help that we were the ones taking the gamble. It was the second year in a row where the team was directionless on that front and throwing **** at the wall to see what would stick.

Do you feel like you have more patience with the losing after the dynasty years? I do.

And now I'm excited about the new beginning.
Have been an Expos fan. I have quite a bit of patience regardless !

(But yes, while I’m aggravated at the losing, it’s tempered by the fact that sooo much winning preceded this dip. Massive BB fan, but mid-season I figured it was time to move on…)

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back