PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Wasn't Mason Rudolph Suspended?

Free speech is under serious threat because a majority of people don't even know what free speech is. Free speech as long as it is not offensive is the exact opposite of free speech because the dominant group can determine anything it wants to be offensive.

Facepalm.gif

You're ****ting all over your integrity.
This thread is about to be locked soon anyways but, guess it's best not to have these threads.

I haven't even attacked either player here lol and somehow I'm the one that has done something wrong. I dunno dude, may as well agree to disagree or something.

Summary of my argument is if either did what they alleged to have done it is really really bad.

Summary of my argument is if either did what they alleged to have done it is really really bad.

How about we get together somewhere and you can shout racist stuff at me while I swing a football helmet at your face. Then we can find out which one actually deserves punishment.

How about we get together somewhere and you can shout racist stuff at me while I swing a football helmet at your face. Then we can find out which one actually deserves punishment.
If there were racial slurs it doesn’t absolve Garrett of nearly killing a guy with a helmet. Not in the least bit.

This is what ideology does to people. I bet he truly believes that a word is worse than physical assault.

This is what ideology does to people. I bet he truly believes that a word is worse than physical assault.
I don’t so..at no point did I ever argue that it would be okay to hit a guy with a helmet.

Cant the refs call penalties now if someone says the wrong thing?

I get that you have joined the mob.

Strength in numbers.
I asked you a question and you respond by trying to accuse me of....something?

I asked you to provide the details on why you believe Rudolph is punk. Do you have any reasons or not?

Maybe he said "give me back my helmet, neighbor" and it all escalated from there?

source.gif

Maybe he said "give me back my helmet, neighbor" and it all escalated from there?

He probably complimented Garrett on not being niggardly with his tackling technique.

He said, after the tackle:

"Excuse me kind sir, please release me, forthwith! Alas, our grand skirmish seems near an end and I desire to commence preparations for our next engagement, as my fellows and I are indeed 'on to Cincinnati', as we say."

Last edited:
From what I've read here,

Rudolph did nothing punishable by suspension. Trying to rip off a defender's helmet, hitting him in the groin is just not enough. I was told that if garrett had been hurt, THEN Rudolph would have been suspended.

Garrett didn't use the race card until he lost the first challenge. I agree that this was a Hail Mary. Rudolph should have been suspended on the basis of his actions, not on the basis of his speech.

For many in PITT and here, folks like Rudolph are folks to be looked up to. Whatever rocks your boat!

Browns at Steelers Sunday Dec.1st 1:00 pm.
Does nfl* have foot'BALLS to flex this to prime time?

Back in my day we'd just assume a guy named "Mason" from South Carolina was a dyed in the wool racist

Lmao at people saying the helmet could've killed the punk QB, that it was attempted murder, and so on. Talk about overblowing the whole incident.

First, Garrett was wrapped up by the 330# DiCastro, who was the only sane person there, and was pushing him away from Rudolph.

Second, Rudolph came after Garrett as he was being manhandled by the huge OLman. Garrett didn't have free reign to get at Rudolph unimpeded because DiCastro was in the way. Rudolph used DiCastro as a shield to get to Garrett and when Garrett saw him coming at him, he swung the helmet.

Third, even if Garrett had unimpeded access at Rudolph with the helmet, it is extremely unlikely that any real damage could have been inflicted. This also assumes Rudolph, an actual athlete, wouldn't have tried to duck that is. Modern helmets are designed to absorb impacts and thus, have a very thin hard plastic layer (3 mm) followed by a bunch of padding made of foam like material. This wasn't some heavy solid core metal or even plastic. Hardly a weapon.

Obviously, you can't have a black man swing an object at a white person on National TV and upset the redneck fan base, so it was overblown to justify the extraordinarily unjust and overboard punishment. Pleeeease, even the token NFL mouths in the media followed the prescribed script to a tee, like Whitlock, Sharpe, and SAS. Of course, the sheep followed the NFL script hook, line, and sinker. Everyone feels good that the dangerous black dude was put in his place. Crisis averted. LMAO.

Lmao at people saying the helmet could've killed the punk QB, that it was attempted murder, and so on. Talk about overblowing the whole incident.

First, Garrett was wrapped up by the 330# DiCastro, who was the only sane person there, and was pushing him away from Rudolph.

Second, Rudolph came after Garrett as he was being manhandled by the huge OLman. Garrett didn't have free reign to get at Rudolph unimpeded because DiCastro was in the way. Rudolph used DiCastro as a shield to get to Garrett and when Garrett saw him coming at him, he swung the helmet.

Third, even if Garrett had unimpeded access at Rudolph with the helmet, it is extremely unlikely that any real damage could have been inflicted. This also assumes Rudolph, an actual athlete, wouldn't have tried to duck that is. Modern helmets are designed to absorb impacts and thus, have a very thin hard plastic layer (3 mm) followed by a bunch of padding made of foam like material. This wasn't some heavy solid core metal or even plastic. Hardly a weapon.

Obviously, you can't have a black man swing an object at a white person on National TV and upset the redneck fan base, so it was overblown to justify the extraordinarily unjust and overboard punishment. Pleeeease, even the token NFL mouths in the media followed the prescribed script to a tee, like Whitlock, Sharpe, and SAS. Of course, the sheep followed the NFL script hook, line, and sinker. Everyone feels good that the dangerous black dude was put in his place. Crisis averted. LMAO.

I wasn't sure that this thread would find a post that could top what was already here for sheer folly. But then this one came along, and blew the others away!

I wasn't sure that this thread would find a post that could top what was already here for sheer folly. But then this one came along, and blew the others away!
So you believe you can kill someone by swinging a modern NFL helmet at them?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back