PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Why Josh McDaniels should stay with Patriots to succeed Bill Belichick"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being mentioned it considered but not offered job dues not mean you could have one whenever you want one which was the comment I disputed.

I must be thinking of the other Josh McDaniels

... the one who used to be an OC here & was hired as the HC of the Broncos - even though he had MUCH less experience and success than the Josh McDaniels who currently is the Patriot's OC

I must be thinking of the other Josh McDaniels

... the one who used to be an OC here & was hired as the HC of the Broncos - even though he had MUCH less experience and success than the Josh McDaniels who currently is the Patriot's OC
I’m talking about since failing as a hc was on his resume.
If he could get a job any time he wants where have the offers been?

Here is a question for the fellas who have been around for awhile: do you guys feel like the overall coaching in the NFL has been worse than in previous generation?

I know that lack of practices have taken its tool, but i wanted to see what everyone thinks... If Fisher gets another gig as HC, i'll start applying for a coaching position, i swear

There's way less patience, so guys like Rich Kotite wouldn't last anywhere near as long as they did.

Overall I'd say it is a lot better. People can malign guys like Fisher and Macadoo but those guys put people like Rod Rust and Wayne Fontz to shame.

Am I missing here something ? Are you calling the best OC in the league terrible ?

I don't come here to argue. If you want to believe that idiot is the "best OC" in the league, go right ahead. Thanks for the belly laugh.

I don't come here to argue. If you want to believe that idiot is the "best OC" in the league, go right ahead. Thanks for the belly laugh.
For laughs I’d love to hear your list of OCs that are better.

For laughs I’d love to hear your list of OCs that are better.

Any OC that when he sees a play fail five times in a row does not run it a sixth and seventh time in the same game. So most of them. Anybody could do what he's done with the talent he's had. It would be easier for me to produce a list of people he is better than. It would be a short list.

Any OC that when he sees a play fail five times in a row does not run it a sixth and seventh time in the same game. So most of them. Anybody could do what he's done with the talent he's had. It would be easier for me to produce a list of people he is better than. It would be a short list.
Thanks for letting me know why your opinion isn’t worth hearing. That was much easier than having a whole conversation to figure it out.

Can't name one? OK, then your argument is baseless because you're just slinging hot takes for the sake of the sound of your own voice.

it's not even an opinion, an opinion is something that can't be falsified, claiming that McD is a terrible OC can arguably BE falsified.

Here's a syllogism for you

People who know what they're talking about consider McD a quality offensive coordinator
You do NOT consider McD a quality offensive coordinator
Therefore, you are NOT one of the people who know what they're talking about.

Simple logic.

You're making a claim of fact and it's just absolutely wrong and unsupported. if you can't name a better OC than McD, and yet you want to say he's "terrible," then you're not even actually saying anything at all -- your words are nothing but the voice of the warm southern wind, if you take my meaning.

Also thanks for showing how you have absolutely no clue about offensive playcalling. But I mean who cares about seeing tendencies of the opponents, setting up plays for later or mixing up your own tendencies so future opponents cant just guess them based on a simple excel table.

Go play fantasy football..

According to Curran and Lombardi the 49ers job was McDaniels for the taking. Only after he declined they went after Shanahan. The reason he declined were the Yorks.

Both also essentially said that McDaniels is again the premier target for most teams and he is in a position where he gets to make demands and not the other way around.

According to Curran and Lombardi the 49ers job was McDaniels for the taking. Only after he declined they went after Shanahan. The reason he declined were the Yorks.

Both also essentially said that McDaniels is again the premier target for most teams and he is in a position where he gets to make demands and not the other way around.
I’ve heard it was mcd and shanahan and they chose shanahan, but that isn’t really my point. It’s all speculation anyway, and we have no clue what really went down.
I’m not disputing the idea that he should routinely pass up HC opportunities to stay as Brady’s OC because he can get a HC job any time he wants one.
No doubt he is a top candidate but every year there are new guys who come out of the woodwork and get jobs. There were many last year that he wasn’t considered for it interviews and didn’t get.

Thanks for letting me know why your opinion isn’t worth hearing. That was much easier than having a whole conversation to figure it out.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the immaturity and arrogance required to think I could possibly care, even just a little , if some faceless stranger finds my opinion worthwhile. Grow up. And when you are done with that, get over yourself. Your opinion is no more important than anyone else's.

You mean why has McDaniels withdrawn himself from previous Head Coaching searches even though he's been considered THE top coaching candidate?

You'd have to ask him - what's not debatable is that that as long as he remains with the Patriots he'll remain among the most highly sought coaches. McDaniels is currently being mentioned as a top candidate for the Colts, Rams, Giants and potentially a few other teams.

Top NFL coaching candidates: Josh McDaniels highlights rich field

A team like the Browns probably doesn't even bother asking him (heck - they'd LOVE to have his 11-17 head coaching record! They'd probably give him a big extension with that "success"!)

I'm sure part of the reason he pulled out of the 49ers search was that he learned his lesson in Denver and won't accept a spot where he's being set up to fail or doesn't have full control.

That being the case he can wait until the perfect offer/situation comes around OR he can make HC money while enjoying the lower stress of an OC position until Belichick retires (assuming he has that offer from the Pats.)

Last edited:
I'm trying to wrap my head around the immaturity and arrogance required to think I could possibly care, even just a little , if some faceless stranger finds my opinion worthwhile. Grow up. And when you are done with that, get over yourself. Your opinion is no more important than anyone else's.
Lol if you didn’t care you wouldn’t gave written this butt hurt response.

You mean why has McDaniels withdrawn himself from previous Head Coaching searches even though he's been considered THE top coaching candidate?

You'd have to ask him - what's not debatable is that that as long as he remains with the Patriots he'll remain among the most highly sought coaches. McDaniels is currently being mentioned as a top candidate for the Colts, Rams, Giants and potentially a few other teams.

Top NFL coaching candidates: Josh McDaniels highlights rich field

A team like the Browns probably doesn't even bother asking him (heck - they'd LOVE to have his 11-17 head coaching record! They'd probably give him a big extension with that "success"!)

I'm sure part of the reason he pulled out of the 49ers search was that he learned his lesson in Denver and won't accept a spot where he's being set up to fail or doesn't have full control.

That being the case he can wait until the perfect offer/situation comes around OR he can make HC money while enjoying the lower stress of an OC position until Belichick retires (assuming he has that offer from the Pats.)
He hasn’t been THE top hc candidate. The rams liked McVay better. The chargers lied Anthony Lynn better, the 9ers liked shanahan better. Other teams have chosen the likes of Todd Bowles, Sean McDermott, Vance Joseph, dirk koeter, Adam gase, hue Jackson, Doug marone, jack delrio, Ben McAdoo, Jay gruden, Dan Quinn (right after the patriots beat him in the SB with a former pat exec as GM) most without even considering McDaniels.
Yes he is a candidate but the idea that 31 teams will jump at him and make him their top choice is just not true.
How does he make HC money as an OC?

And yet you responded

He hasn’t been THE top hc candidate. The rams liked McVay better. The chargers lied Anthony Lynn better, the 9ers liked shanahan better. Other teams have chosen the likes of Todd Bowles, Sean McDermott, Vance Joseph, dirk koeter, Adam gase, hue Jackson, Doug marone, jack delrio, Ben McAdoo, Jay gruden, Dan Quinn (right after the patriots beat him in the SB with a former pat exec as GM) most without even considering McDaniels.
Yes he is a candidate but the idea that 31 teams will jump at him and make him their top choice is just not true.
How does he make HC money as an OC?

You REALLY don't think that McDaniels can't get a HC job?

Which team like the Browns or any one of many perennial LOSERS wouldn't want him and his success with the Patriots? Of course that's the very same reason he doesn't want THEM!

I can show you story after story of McDaniels being mentioned as a HC candidate and you'll never believe me that, YES - McDaniels is highly coveted as a future Head Coach, even more so than he was when he was younger and less experienced and yet STILL was named Head Coach of the Broncos.

And if he wanted the Browns job or any of those jobs where he was fated to lose, they'd be his.

He's just smart enough not to take them - or not spend time interviewing for jobs he has no interest in.

That's not a fault - that's a strength.

If he takes Caserio with him to a franchise that’s he thinks will give him at least three years, I’m confident he can have success.

I’m confident he has learned & matured since Denver.

You REALLY don't think that McDaniels can't get a HC job?

Honestly are you reading what I said?
He is a top candidate but to say he should pass up jobs because HE WILL HAVE ONE ANY TIME HE WANTS ONE is wrong and that is the ping I am making.

Which team like the Browns or any one of many perennial LOSERS wouldn't want him and his success with the Patriots? Of course that's the very same reason he doesn't want THEM!
There are many candidates every year. Teams find coaches not named McDaniels that they like.
Are you arguing that he is the first choice of every team out there? Because many teams have found other reasons to want someone rkse.

I can show you story after story of McDaniels being mentioned as a HC candidate and you'll never believe me that, YES - McDaniels is highly coveted as a future Head Coach, even more so than he was when he was younger and less experienced and yet STILL was named Head Coach of the Broncos.
Again, I don’t dispute his is a candidate and good one. You are strawmannbing here to put forth that my argument that he can’t get any job he wants means he isn’t a candidate.
Before you respond again please actually read scar I am saying.

And if he wanted the Browns job or any of those jobs where he was fated to lose, they'd be his.

He's just smart enough not to take them - or not spend time interviewing for jobs he has no interest in.

That's not a fault - that's a strength.
Sitting around waiting to only become a hc if the situation is perfect is in many ways a fault. But I don’t believe he is doing that any way.

Honestly are you reading what I said?
He is a top candidate but to say he should pass up jobs because HE WILL HAVE ONE ANY TIME HE WANTS ONE is wrong and that is the ping I am making.

There are many candidates every year. Teams find coaches not named McDaniels that they like.
Are you arguing that he is the first choice of every team out there? Because many teams have found other reasons to want someone rkse.

Again, I don’t dispute his is a candidate and good one. You are strawmannbing here to put forth that my argument that he can’t get any job he wants means he isn’t a candidate.
Before you respond again please actually read scar I am saying.

Sitting around waiting to only become a hc if the situation is perfect is in many ways a fault. But I don’t believe he is doing that any way.

Are you reading what I wrote?

Unless you think Brady is going to tank for the playoffs and next season, there's no down side to McDaniels waiting to pick the right move'

If he wanted the Browns job he'd have it by now - he does not want those jobs - he wants a GOOD situation.

The bottom line is his stock WILL NOT GO DOWN if he remains with a successful Patriots team until exactly the right situation presents itself. That could well be the Giants if Caserio winds up going there as GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back