PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Why Josh McDaniels should stay with Patriots to succeed Bill Belichick"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The local media has a massive hard on for McD and Caserio to NYG...

The local media has a massive hard on for McD and Caserio to NYG...

Idk why Caserio would leave here to do the same elsewhere doubt he's ever going anywhere, and Mcd is tricky I remember him saying something about him and his family being comfortable where they live and all from the amount of the they spent here but sure he wants to be a HC again, maybe he wants to succeed BB depending how far off that is, could be gone after this season

I’m confident Kraft will find a solid replacement for B.B. he won’t be as good and we won’t be as successful but we will still get some good runs like the other top franchises. Last 3 coaches we’ve had - B.B., Pete carol, bill parcells. That’s a damn good set of coaches and I’m willing to bet the next will be a good one. Tb’s successor is what I’m more worried about and that’s no slight to B.B.

If we can tie Pittsburgh before Brady hangs it up I think we’ll at least match them from that point and stay at the top.

Jimmy G shadow could loom large down the road.

Doug Kyed is reporting Caserio is letting it be known he has interest in the Giants Job if Mcdaniels could be his coach.

Time to hold on to Patricia with all we have don't want to lose both coordinators.

Does anyone remember who succeeded Vince Lombardi in Green Bay?

I doubt that guy would still be available, but maybe Kraft will ask anyway.

What might happen over time, is Belichick simply moves up to an executive level position. If he no longer has the ability to coach the team on the field, that mind is still an incredibly useful asset all by himself. Bill Belichick as a front office person alone is worth his salary and then some.

I would not be surprised, at all, if McD goes and finds a job elsewhere, Matt Patricia takes over the HCing duties in a gradual transition, and BB eventually winds up upstairs working with the suits as either the team's XVP or in the general manager's office, working with Ernie in the film room, serving as a sounding board for MP and still making his contribution to the overall identity of the team. Kind of like Parcells wanted to do with Belichick himself.

If it ever happens that Ernie and Bill share a booth upstairs and talk/contribute during the game, they HAVE to film that and put it on TV. It would be the best show ever.

If it ever happens that Ernie and Bill share a booth upstairs and talk/contribute during the game, they HAVE to film that and put it on TV. It would be the best show ever.
I'd pay to be a fly on that particular wall.

Heck sometime when they're both retired, have them broadcast a game, no play by play, just 2 of the best football minds in the world, one analytical, one tactical, breaking the game down for us, be a better watch than most of the professional gasbags.

"I won't be like Marv Levy and coaching in my 70s, I know that.”
-Bill Belichick

If this quote holds true and Belichick retires after age 69 (4 years) McDaniels will be 45 years old at that point. 45 years old would be tied for the 7th youngest coach in the NFL at the moment.

Unlike people saying Jimmy G should stay here (which is just absolutely ridiculous) it's not as bizarre a prospect for Josh to wait it out considering he's still quite young. for a coach.

Add to the FIVE championships you've won as a member of this team with the greatest QB of all-time and then take over in an environment where respect will already be embedded into the organization/culture instead of starting over somewhere else.

• Winner
Reactions: PP2
Oh god, no. He is a terrible OC and was a train wreck as an HC.

Am I missing here something ? Are you calling the best OC in the league terrible ?

So, looking at a quick list of possible HC vacancies:

AFC

CLE—Supposedly, Hue is safe for 2018 after winning only 1 game in his first 2 seasons, but I’m skeptical as hell

CIN—Lewis has got to be on his way out, barring a 4-0 finish

IND—Pagano should’ve been fired awhile ago

DEN—Underwhelming year for sure, although Elway may be eyeing up a QB more than a HC right now

I’m going to go out on a limb and predict that these are the only coaches who are going to be canned. I think the AFCE is set for another year with better than expected showings from McDermott and Bowles, and Gase took MIA to the postseason last year and has been down to his 3rd string QB, so there’s really no reason to make a change there.

JAX, TEN, and HOU are all safe. BAL and PIT are safe. KC is safe, as is SD and OAK.

———-

NFC

NYG—The obvious choice

CHI—Fox needs to find a hobby and stop trying to coach football teams

DET—Depending on whether or not they can look respectable over the last 4 games

(Outside looking in—ARZ)

(Surprising but not entirely shocking—DAL)

———

So, it appears as though there’s potentially 3-4 jobs up for grabs in each conference, but that we should expect somewhere around 5 positions available that McDaniels and Patricia could be up for, total (approx.). I’m going to predict IND, DEN, NYG, CHI, and one of CIN/DET.

I think that Patricia would be okay with taking any of these, considering the fact that it would be a jump in the rankings of pay and prestige. I don’t see JMcD being too interested in anything outside of NYG and maybe consideration for a return to DEN, assuming a QB move in FA/draft. Nothing else really seems to fit unless CHI makes a big move for Kirk Cousins or something.

When I look at the 32 teams, I see at a minimum of 8 openings and bunch of hot seats

AFC
Jests: Hot seat
Dolts: Gone
Texans: I'm hearing BOB is going to issue McNair an ultimatum. Me or Smith.
Bungles: GONE
Brownstains: GONE
Raiduhs: GONE
Queefs: I'm hearing from my buddy in Overland Park Chumley is on the hot seat. They need to make the playoffs to save his job
Donkeys: Hot seat

NFC
Redskins: hot seat
Gints: GONE
Bucs: GONE
Lions: GONE
Bears: GONE
Cards: Hot seat

Jets: I see no way Bowles gets the ax unless they get blown out ( Unlikely) in the remaining four games. They've played hard and are in every game mostly.

Browns: The owner said he'll be back in 2018.

Chiefs: Did a radio personality say this?

Cards: Don't see Ariens getting fired.

Lions: Didn't he sign an extension and get them to the playoffs more than not?

Raiders: I can see hot seat. Not convinced he isn't back. Otherwise, I'd like him replace Patricia ( Pending he takes Bears or Colts or Giants job).

"I won't be like Marv Levy and coaching in my 70s, I know that.”
-Bill Belichick

If this quote holds true and Belichick retires after age 69 (4 years) McDaniels will be 45 years old at that point. 45 years old would be tied for the 7th youngest coach in the NFL at the moment.

Unlike people saying Jimmy G should stay here (which is just absolutely ridiculous) it's not as bizarre a prospect for Josh to wait it out considering he's still quite young. for a coach.

Add to the FIVE championships you've won as a member of this team with the greatest QB of all-time and then take over in an environment where respect will already be embedded into the organization/culture instead of starting over somewhere else.

Great post from you. I agree that it's tantalizing to McD that if he stayed, he wouldn't have to waste 1-3 years cleaning house top to bottom. The philosophy and the right players will already be in place.

But then again, BB's shadow would loom over him. He'd never really be able to escape that legacy, hence I would understand if he and Caserio went to the Giants and tried to turn over a new page.

NYC isn't that far from NE anyway.

If forced to pick now, I'd take MP, just because he'll do the f* you to the League and media even better than BB did. It'll be one tradition from the BB era that'll be guaranteed to be kept.

Jets: I see no way Bowles gets the ax unless they get blown out ( Unlikely) in the remaining four games. They've played hard and are in every game mostly.

Browns: The owner said he'll be back in 2018.

Chiefs: Did a radio personality say this?

Cards: Don't see Ariens getting fired.

Lions: Didn't he sign an extension and get them to the playoffs more than not?

Raiders: I can see hot seat. Not convinced he isn't back. Otherwise, I'd like him replace Patricia ( Pending he takes Bears or Colts or Giants job).
Jets: New GM on its way.

Browns: Of course he'll say that. You believe Hijack Haslem?

Chiefs: Nope. Fat Andy just got an extension but has buyout language. Hunt is not happy.

Cards: Baby Bidwell is pissed.

Lions: He signed an extension at the start of the year but that means zip because it's the Lions. It's unlikely but not out of the realm of possibility.

Jets: New GM on its way.

Browns: Of course he'll say that. You believe Hijack Haslem?

Chiefs: Nope. Fat Andy just got an extension but has buyout language. Hunt is not happy.

Cards: Baby Bidwell is pissed.

Lions: He signed an extension at the start of the year but that means zip because it's the Lions. It's unlikely but not out of the realm of possibility.

Where do you see/ hear a new gm is coning for Jets?

Where do you see/ hear a new gm is coning for Jets?

My jets fan buddy who is plugged in. He says Chrissy Johnson (Woody's younger brother who has 100% control over all football decisions and is MUCH calmer and rational than Woody) will hear out Maccagnan's 2018 plan and make a decision on him by the Super Bowl. He says Chrissy doesn't like how ultra-conservative Maccagnan is and says he needs to be bolder and more creative.

So, with that said by no means is Maccagnan or Bowles safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back