PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is no one talking about Pittsburgh?

Just watched some highlights. Can't believe the Jags couldn't hold on for the win . d%#*!@t !!

don’t worry, they’ll lose to the saints and hopefully us

Well, they had some heavy help from the refs and were still incredibly lucky to win that game.

Calling a run on that critical 3rd and 5 that would have given the Jags the game was absolutely the stupidest thing to do

I disagree. If anything, Jax should have stopped trying to pass even earlier since Bortles was abominable and the OL couldn't hold a two-count. Not recognizing their deficiencies caused Jax to sack themselves out of field goal range twice, and unnecessarily stop the clock at the end of each half.

The problem wasn't running, it was how unimaginative their approach was. Had Jags coaches paid a lick of attention to what was happening on the field, they would have busted out some option offense, and abused Pitt's undisciplined and over aggressive edge defenders. It's not like you're afraid of getting Bortles hit, the guy is atrocious.

Not only would a QB keeper convert at least one first down, it would have opened up some space in the middle as well. Hell, even calling an outside RB run would have helped, but I don't recall a single one.

Avoiding Bortles was not only defensible, it was undoubtedly the right call. It's everything else that they mucked up

Last edited:
Bortles is who we thought he was, and Pittsburg looks really good... Roethlisberger looked like crap up to the end of the game, and he rebounded well.. Doug Marrone some sort of savior????

I disagree. If anything, Jax should have stopped trying to pass even earlier since Bortles was abominable and the OL couldn't hold a two-day count. Not recognizing their deficiencies caused Jax to sack themselves out of field goal range twice, and unnecessarily stop the clock at the end of each half.

The problem wasn't running, it was how unimaginative their approach was. Had Jags coaches paid a lick of attention to what was happening on the field, they would have busted out some option offense, and abused Pitt's undisciplined and over aggressive edge defenders. It's not like you're afraid of getting Bortles hit, the guy is atrocious.

Not only would a QB keeper convert at least one first down, it would have opened up some space in the middle as well. Hell, even calling an outside RB run would have helped, but I don't recall a single one.

Avoiding Bortles was not only defensible, it was undoubtedly the right call. It's everything else that they mucked up

Yes, their approach was very unimaginative- their game plan seems to be cookie-cutter these days.

However, when Pittsburgh stacks the box and dares you to run on them, you just don't run right into the teeth of their defense.

A jet sweep would have been a good call here.

watching that moron/overt tripper scumbag Tomlin jumping around like HE called that QB sneak to win the game made me want to kick 300 kiddie raper Splattsburg priests in their diddler azzes....hate that scumbag city with a passion.
The ball washing of Big Fat Faced Ben was pretty nauseating as well. As if he didn’t throw 3 INTs with an opportunity for at least two more.

If I’m the Jags, I’m kicking myself for two things: 1) not being more serious about talks with Allen Robinson and 2) not kicking the tires on Bridgewater.

The Gaguars totally blew this game with an assist by the refs/rules. That roughing the passer call was pretty weak. I've definitely seen a lot worse than that on Brady this year.

I know we complain about Josh's play calling and at times rightfully so but my god the Jags are awful. I was calling for a bootleg before Romo started on it. I get you want the 3 points as well but at least call something safe with the potential to get a first. Then at the end they're running into 11 in the box just praying they can somehow get a first down.

Playing not to lose eventually means you're going to lose.

The Gaguars totally blew this game with an assist by the refs/rules. That roughing the passer call was pretty weak. I've definitely seen a lot worse than that on Brady this year.

I know we complain about Josh's play calling and at times rightfully so but my god the Jags are awful. I was calling for a bootleg before Romo started on it. I get you want the 3 points as well but at least call something safe with the potential to get a first. Then at the end they're running into 11 in the box just praying they can somehow get a first down.

Playing not to lose eventually means you're going to lose.
With the way that the Steelers’ OLBs were crashing inside, the bootleg would have been the perfect call. The “roughing” call on Campell, which led to a touchdown, was one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen.

meh.....steelers are frauds

for whatever reason, pats going to pittsburgh is not as scary as other road venues

I'm more worried about the texans

I dread the day that Brady and Belichick retire because they are the main reason the Steelers don't have a few more Super Bowl wins.
IMHO, Tomlin has more to do with their lack of playoff success recently than Tom and bill

Jaguars would have stomped the Steelers if Bortles or the Jags OC were halfway decent. They turtled up and lost the game. Should have thrown to the RBs more, rolled Bortles out more, and played to win instead of to run out the clock.

Those refs, man the Jaguars couldn't catch a break.

meh.....steelers are frauds

for whatever reason, pats going to pittsburgh is not as scary as other road venues

I'm more worried about the texans

I have a feeling we should be very worried when the Pats meet Pittsburgh on the 16th of December in Pittsburg unless injuries change things between now and then.

I have a feeling we should be very worried when the Pats meet Pittsburgh on the 16th of December in Pittsburg unless injuries change things between now and then.

as I said......meh, the steelers are frauds.........until they prove they're not

I know the Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have owned the Steelers in the past but this year feels different to me. The Steelers are getting constant pressure on opposing quarterbacks and the Patriots and Brady are really struggling to beat the blitz. Their defense has dominated the last four or five offenses they've faced.

The Steelers offensive line is playing at such a high level that they can lose LeVeon Bell and his backup puts up even better stats. Ben Roethlisberger also has had all day to throw and has rarely even been hit this year. They also have JuJu Smith Shuster putting up Antonio Brown type games.

We barely beat them last year at Pittsburgh and Brown went down in the first quarter of that one. If not for the overturned Jesse James touchdown we lose and likely have to beat Jacksonville and then travel to Pittsburgh for the AFC title game.

I just don't hear enough people mentioning what a threat they are this year. Needless to say, that week 15 game at Pittsburgh will be huge. It just seems to me that the Steelers are a much better team this year and we have taken a big step back. I don't think I can handle it if the Steelers go to another Super Bowl and get another referee assisted Lombardi

I am... The Patriots Offense are their only hope of them winning anything...if they come out flat it's over. Good thing they have the AFC Least to feed off. This PAthetic Defense is no Match for that Steelers Offense who have Two Legitimate #1 WR's and a RB not named Bell: BB can't take away everybody. We will be going on Fourth Down quite a bit you can bet on that. And hope that Stephan Gilmore last game was a aberration. That Game against the Steelers will be key to the #2 Seed. The Loser will be playing on Wildcard Weekend.

If the Jags O-line didn’t crumble all day they would of won comfortably.

Jags need to sort their Offensive out badly.

I guess those 6 sacks on Bortles by the Steerler D didn't mean anything??:confused: The Patriots would just hurry him which is just as good as a sack.:rolleyes: Well at least the Patriots D is #1 in somethings hurrying the passer and Blitzing and not getting there.:D:rolleyes:

This may not sit well with most people here but I think it'll be Steelers against Rams/Saints in Superbowl this year.

Just because I picked a different AFC team doesn't mean I hate the Pats. :DThis year just seems a little different than previous years. We haven't been able to get Gronk, Jules, Michel and Gordon all on the field at the same time. Defense shows flashes once in a while but is not consistent. It may get better but Steelers are peaking and we play them on the road. I don't buy into the BS of "Tom owns the Steelers". With Chiefs, if Andy Reid doesn't mess up (which is highly unlikely), and they host the AFCCG, I think they beat the Steelers this year.

All said and done, I hope we can turn this around. Our season is not lost yet and we should at least secure the #2 spot and hope Chargers/Steelers knock chiefs out.

Go Pats !!!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back