PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is no one talking about Pittsburgh?

If the Patriots get the 3 seed, win the wild card, and then knock out the Steelers at Heinz (again), it will be one of my favorite seasons ever regardless of what happens after that. Causing maximum pain/jealousy to that hypocritical, turd-infested franchise and fan base is a not that distant second after winning the SB.

If you don’t completely loathe them, you will wish you had earlier after watching their antics if they beat us.

Have the Pats ever reached a SB with TB12 without the bye? I don't think they have.

Given their road record..going on the road twice is not good. Need a bye IMO

Have the Pats ever reached a SB with TB12 without the bye? I don't think they have.

After thinking about it this past week, I'm not certain road performance is the key problem for the Patriots. The Jaguars game was a fiasco with the heat and Jacksonville being hyper-focused. I suspect the other two losses against the Lions and Titans represented the Patriots not believing they had to try that hard. With that in mind, a Patriots team on the road could be a fire under this team even if the road is still the more difficult path to a Super Bowl victory.

With a huge assist from the officials

Jags shot themselves in the foot over and over again. They kept trying to give the game away. Calling a run on that critical 3rd and 5 that would have given the Jags the game was absolutely the stupidest thing to do. It's a loud and clear message to Bortles and to everyone that the coaching staff clearly doesn't trust Bortles's arm in critical situations.

I know the Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have owned the Steelers in the past but this year feels different to me. The Steelers are getting constant pressure on opposing quarterbacks and the Patriots and Brady are really struggling to beat the blitz. Their defense has dominated the last four or five offenses they've faced.

The Steelers offensive line is playing at such a high level that they can lose LeVeon Bell and his backup puts up even better stats. Ben Roethlisberger also has had all day to throw and has rarely even been hit this year. They also have JuJu Smith Shuster putting up Antonio Brown type games.

We barely beat them last year at Pittsburgh and Brown went down in the first quarter of that one. If not for the overturned Jesse James touchdown we lose and likely have to beat Jacksonville and then travel to Pittsburgh for the AFC title game.

I just don't hear enough people mentioning what a threat they are this year. Needless to say, that week 15 game at Pittsburgh will be huge. It just seems to me that the Steelers are a much better team this year and we have taken a big step back. I don't think I can handle it if the Steelers go to another Super Bowl and get another referee assisted Lombardi

They got a referee assisted win today, but the biggest assist came from the Jags coach. With the game on the line with 3rd and 5, how the heck do you run the ball? A first down wins the game in that situation. Go for it.

The other question is how do you give a team 3 chances to score with only three minutes to play.

Does anyone besides Belichick coach players on how to stop the clock when behind or how to keep it running when ahead?

The clock management for the Jags down the stretch was abysmal.

Jaguars on the road may not be a cakewalk this week, either. As someone else pointed out, we can still lose to the Steelers and have the 2nd seed, granted they lose twice.

This is where the tie comes into play. There will not be a tie breaker vs the Steelers even if the Pats lose to them. The team with the best record will get the 2nd seed.

In a previous thread that asked the question about seeding, I placed Pitt at #2. After watching them get a gift from the Jags earlier today I see no reason to change that.

I hate using this as an example but . . . didn't the Giants win the SB twice with 9-7 records and playing as a wildcard? Once you're in the playoffs, anything can happen. Absent calamity, we win the AFCE.

Any good team puts the stealers away in the second half after Pitt played so poorly.

And Pitt on the road is a much different team than at home. Or they have been in the past.

Any good team puts the stealers away in the second half after Pitt played so poorly.

And Pitt on the road is a much different team than at home. Or they have been in the past.
Pitt has been virtually unstoppable on the road the last couple years.

On the bright side, Denver has a solid defense and run game and this will be the Steeler's 2nd consecutive road game. Good chance for an upset next week especially after the grind of a game they had today.

much as i want them to lose a couple, it would be pretty sick if they and us win the rest of the games leading to our matchup

Pitt has been virtually unstoppable on the road the last couple years.

While I agree they have had a better road record the past 2 years unstoppable is not a word I would use to describe some of the ugliest wins I’ve seen. The browns this year? Should have been killed today.

I should look what the scoring margin is for home/away games but I’m a lazy F@ck so I’ll take your word. :)

While I agree they have had a better road record the past 2 years unstoppable is not a word I would use to describe some of the ugliest wins I’ve seen. The browns this year? Should have been killed today.
Some have been ugly but the record is great. 4-0-1 this year and 7-1 last year... that’s unstoppable.

Some have been ugly but the record is great. 4-0-1 this year and 7-1 last year... that’s unstoppable.

Far enough. What their playoff road record? I honestly don’t know.

Far enough. What their playoff road record? I honestly don’t know.
Me neither but I know they haven’t been to the SB in a while. It can’t be great.

And I know I’m not afraid of them. Their gift win today infuriated me.

watching that moron/overt tripper scumbag Tomlin jumping around like HE called that QB sneak to win the game made me want to kick 300 kiddie raper Splattsburg priests in their diddler azzes....hate that scumbag city with a passion.

One bright spot was AB posterizing Ramsey. Gold.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back