PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is no one talking about Pittsburgh?

If the Patriots get the 3 seed, win the wild card, and then knock out the Steelers at Heinz (again), it will be one of my favorite seasons ever regardless of what happens after that. Causing maximum pain/jealousy to that hypocritical, turd-infested franchise and fan base is a not that distant second after winning the SB.

If you don’t completely loathe them, you will wish you had earlier after watching their antics if they beat us.

It's the bye week, duh!o_O

We'll talk about it plenty when it's the next (or previous) game on the schedule.

BINGO

Let's see if I can shed some light on this matter.

• This week: Patriots v. Bye
  • Next week: Patriots v. Jets
  • Third week: Patriots v. Vikings
  • Fourth week: Patriots v. Dolphins

I think that should cover it.

BINGO 2

I have Pittsburgh as most likely to win the AFC right now. And I hate them more than any team in the NFL, including the Jets. I think they are better than KC. With the Patriots it’s just a question of how badly Belichick can pants Tomlin, who is their weak link and a total joke of a head coach.
Pittsburgh may be a better overall team than Kansas City. But I can't see Pittsburgh going into Arrowhead and winning against Mahomes. Something about him is different than game managers like Alex Smith: he has a magic and competitive edge that, in all likelihood, will translate to playoff success. And if the Kansas City defense gets healthy and learns to play football... whoa!

Why is no one here talking about them much?
Two Words: Mike Tomlin

Baqt5CrCEAAjfuk.jpg

I know the Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have owned the Steelers in the past but this year feels different to me. The Steelers are getting constant pressure on opposing quarterbacks and the Patriots and Brady are really struggling to beat the blitz. Their defense has dominated the last four or five offenses they've faced.

The Steelers offensive line is playing at such a high level that they can lose LeVeon Bell and his backup puts up even better stats. Ben Roethlisberger also has had all day to throw and has rarely even been hit this year. They also have JuJu Smith Shuster putting up Antonio Brown type games.

We barely beat them last year at Pittsburgh and Brown went down in the first quarter of that one. If not for the overturned Jesse James touchdown we lose and likely have to beat Jacksonville and then travel to Pittsburgh for the AFC title game.

I just don't hear enough people mentioning what a threat they are this year. Needless to say, that week 15 game at Pittsburgh will be huge. It just seems to me that the Steelers are a much better team this year and we have taken a big step back. I don't think I can handle it if the Steelers go to another Super Bowl and get another referee assisted Lombardi
Because when they play the Patriots, they blow chunks. They're a gag outfit when it's on the line. They may prove that things are different this time, but, for now, I'm from Missouri: show me.

Not hardly. Although I do live in Northwest PA where it seems everyone is a Steeler fan but me and my kids. I can't express how much I hate that team. I dread the day that Brady and Belichick retire because they are the main reason the Steelers don't have a few more Super Bowl wins.

No other coach and quarterback has ever given the Steelers as much trouble as Belichick and Brady and boy do those Steelers fans hate both of them.
>>because they are the main reason the Steelers don't have a few more Super Bowl wins.

Nah, the 01 Rams, 04 Eagles, and the 16 Falcons would have punked the crap out of those Steeler teams.

Watching the Steelers vs. Jags game.

Same old Pittsburgh. Calling a timeout on the FIRST drive of the game, and on a 3rd and one at that. Then they try an obvious QB sneak which fooled nobody, and of course they don't convert.

I believe it will be Pittsburgh or us in the SB this year. Gut feeling ...

Pittsburgh looks like a joke now against Jax, at least through the 1st half.

Other than the first couple of weeks, people have been talking about the Steelers.

The Steelers are talented, but as capable of losing as they are of winning with that talent. It took the Jags playing a ridiculous "run out the clock" offense to win today. If the OP sees the Steelers as the AFC Death Star targeting the Pats, I don't see them as some unstoppable juggernaut. They represent the same problem they did last year, and they dumped before the Pats.

I would view the Steelers, Chiefs, Chargers and Pats as legitimate contenders (not sure I can take the Texans as a serious threat). I believe any of those teams could beat the other on a given day. The Pats have shown they can find the Super Bowl, The question is health.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back