PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Is Innovator Bill Belichick Inflexible About Flexibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I shouldn’t have posted what I did. It was insensitive. And I apologize if I offended anyone. The point I was trying to make with a side of cheap humor was that anyone attaching a label to someone, when it is an inaccurate one is absurd. I tired to match that with an absurd statement. /doh

uh...NO!...MORE cheap humor...I BEG you...the last six months have been the least humorous time periods in twenty years on this board

Yet he went on to play in 15 of 16 games, and as we all know, the only game he missed was not because of injury.

And as has been said, we don't know whether Gronk sucked because of the big adjustment to his lifestyle/training regimen or because of his recovery from back surgery.

I don't think I agree here. BB has been around people coming off back surgery at least a dozen times in his 40 years in the league. There is no way he would rip Gronk's performance that much if the back surgery might be a factor. Hell, Gronk would not be cleared for fullspeed blocking drills at camp if there still was anything not considered fully healed by the medical staff.

To me the most realistic scenario is that Gronk didn't do certain weight drills because AGs approach gave him a bigger level of comfort in terms of how his back felt but it took almost an additional 5-6 weeks for him to be an average NFL level blocker and almost until after the BYE until he was closer to his dominant self.

Again from Gronks perspective this approach makes sense because obviously his own personal health and well being should be of the uttermost importance after what he has been through. But on the other hand from a coaching perspective BB was also not wrong to do what he did because it did not benefit the team to have a weakened star player until almost the middle of the season. Everyone had to protect their own priorities in this situation. Like I said in another post for a coach the highest priority is not always the well being of his players otherwise we would have not lived through all those painkiller epidemics in the league.

I use bands to help with flexibility and to deal with old injuries, couple of mine dryed out and needed a new set.. Couple of days ago TB 12 was having a half price sale for $70.00... sorry for being disloyal, but got a replacement set at Amazon for $18.00...

Today the regular price is today's price:

$80.00 for the basic looped band set:

TB12™ Basic Looped Band Kit

Or $150.00 for the super de duper, Pro Looped Band set..

TB12™ Pro Looped Band Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back