PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is everyone so afraid of the Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a great game.

Has so many great story lines.

I think it should be close, but could be blown out by either team.

Surprised some of the Pat fans have so little confidence.
2 game losing streak, a stuttering offense, a defense that crumbles in match winning scenarios, no return game to speak of and a divisional match up against a team that hasn't lost to New England in New York under Rex Ryan.

That's probably why.

Last edited:
Pats win! That is all.:D:D

The thing you should fear with the Jets is their resolve. They just won't die and I personally respect that. They aren't going to quit until it's over and it shows week in and week out. From that they gain confidence, when you have a confident football team who is'nt gonna back down. You got a shot in any game. Even with Mark Sanchez as your QB.........

I just cant see Tom Brady playing as horribly as he did against the Giants..this is one of the best QB's in the league and a fierce competitor. You know those 2 losses have to be really eating at him....I saw how ANGRY he was when he threw that interception and I just think hes going to right the ship.

if we get better offensive production and the Defense can play like they did for 3 1/2 quarters against the Giants...I think we have a shot to win this.

either way its going to be a tough game, a good game

Reasons to fear the jets:

1. We're not that great of a team right now. We just lost at home to a team who didn't have their best WR and RB's. Rapistberger shredded our defense the week before without one of his better targets and missing plenty open targets/having passes dropped.

2. What happened the last 2 times we played them in their house

3. What happened in the most important game we played against them since Rex took over as their HC.

4. They have similar composition to the teams that have given us most trouble the past few years. Ability to pressure Brady with minimal blitzing, not a flashy offense but one that takes advantage of its opportunities.

It has more to do with our struggles than anything good the Jets do. They're not that great a team either. But IMO they weren't that great last year either when they took 2 outta 3 from us. They BS'ed their way to alot of wins (like they're doing this year) and everyone remembers 45-3.

Joe McKnight may be out and that will be a big blow to their kick returns. The only reason the last game between the Pats and Jets was close was because McKnight had a big return that got the ball on the Pats' 20. It was one of the two TDs the Jets had in that game.

Reasons to fear the jets:

1. We're not that great of a team right now. We just lost at home to a team who didn't have their best WR and RB's. Rapistberger shredded our defense the week before without one of his better targets and missing plenty open targets/having passes dropped.

The Giants have a better passing offense even without Nick. You take away Nick's 575 passing yards and Eli Manning has still passed for more yards than Sanchez.

2. What happened the last 2 times we played them in their house

This is legit.

3. What happened in the most important game we played against them since Rex took over as their HC.

And the last time they faced each other, the Pats ran all over the Jets.

4. They have similar composition to the teams that have given us most trouble the past few years. Ability to pressure Brady with minimal blitzing, not a flashy offense but one that takes advantage of its opportunities.

This is the same Jets' team the Pats faced on October 9th and the Pat rushed for 153 yards and passed for 321 yards.

It has more to do with our struggles than anything good the Jets do. They're not that great a team either. But IMO they weren't that great last year either when they took 2 outta 3 from us. They BS'ed their way to alot of wins (like they're doing this year) and everyone remembers 45-3.

Not saying the Jets can't or won't win Sunday, but I think people are getting a bit too worried.

Joe McKnight may be out and that will be a big blow to their kick returns. The only reason the last game between the Pats and Jets was close was because McKnight had a big return that got the ball on the Pats' 20. It was one of the two TDs the Jets had in that game.
Rob0729, you're a good poster but, everything that occurs in a game occurred. It's pointless to discuss alternative courses of actions and the "if this happened then this wouldn't have" etc etc.

The Jets have an excellent return game and special teams unit. It is something the Patriots should (and I imagine would) spend some considerable time game planning for.

The Giants have a better passing offense even without Nick. You take away Nick's 575 passing yards and Eli Manning has still passed for more yards than Sanchez.

I don't know if that means it's still better than the Jets without Nicks. Santonio is always a tough cover and Plaxico has been getting better and getting away with offensive PI's.

And the last time they faced each other, the Pats ran all over the Jets.
This is the same Jets' team the Pats faced on October 9th and the Pat rushed for 153 yards and passed for 321 yards.

Will respond to these together. The last time the 2010 jets team that stifled us in the playoffs played in foxboro, they lost 45-3. On top of that, it's hard to sweep a divisional foe even when they are a losing team. The Jets aren't great but they're a legit playoff contender. So I don't see how people can't be concerned about this game. If I were to make a prediction right now, I'd say we win IF we let BJGE and Ridley get ample chances to exploit their run D. If not, we're losing possibly by 2 scores unless we get another late garbage TD.

ten charachters

Rob0729, you're a good poster but, everything that occurs in a game occurred. It's pointless to discuss alternative courses of actions and the "if this happened then this wouldn't have" etc etc.

The Jets have an excellent return game and special teams unit. It is something the Patriots should (and I imagine would) spend some considerable time game planning for.

Except McKnight is not practicing and it is questionable whether he will be even playing.

I am talking the Jets' offense which people think will pass 400 yards on the Pats. Everything that happens in the game counts though.

The thing you should fear with the Jets is their resolve. They just won't die and I personally respect that. They aren't going to quit until it's over and it shows week in and week out. From that they gain confidence, when you have a confident football team who is'nt gonna back down. You got a shot in any game. Even with Mark Sanchez as your QB.........

Thier resolve?. They lost 3 in a row, then won a few "less than difficult" games, and now they are confident? We lost 2 in a row and beat them....Dont we get the same consideration. We were all talking about the Jest like we are talking about the Pats now. Lets not become as shallow as the Mediots! Once again I say, F' the Jest. I want TB to pick up the news paper and have him read "Fans behind Pats no matter what". Not "TB and BB done" GO PATS!!! EDIT: I dont respect anything out of the Jest camp... EWWWW!

Last edited:
Maybe this?

The Jets and Patriots are going in opposite directions, and you know Ryan is aware of the opportunity New York has Sunday night to seize control of a division New England has dominated for a decade. The stigma of "Same Old Jets" has dissipated in the Ryan era, and taking care of Brady and the Patriots at home would be another example of why that's happened.

SOJ has dissipated? Did they win the SB or something?

Except McKnight is not practicing and it is questionable whether he will be even playing.

I am talking the Jets' offense which people think will pass 400 yards on the Pats. Everything that happens in the game counts though.
Last year it was Brad Smith, this year it's Joe McKnight. The Jets find plug and play returners who appear to get the same results.

Last year it was Brad Smith, this year it's Joe McKnight. The Jets find plug and play returners who appear to get the same results.

The Rats also run an illegal four man blocking front on kicks...the reason they get away with it is because Westhoff the drunk already blamed Belichick for doing it first, so Rogerella the Most Happy Green Fella let's it continue uncalled ,much like the Revis "pass defense grab" beyond five yards.

(the preceding post may or may not be 100% accurate...proceed with caution)

The Rats also run an illegal four man blocking front on kicks...the reason they get away with it is because Westhoff the drunk already blamed Belichick for doing it first, so Rogerella the Most Happy Green Fella let's it continue uncalled ,much like the Revis "pass defense grab" beyond five yards.

You really believe that don't you?

LOL at Jets fan ignoring the disclaimer

If anything I will take solace that the Jets won't win the Super Bowl this year. How many years and counting ................ ?

You mean like the Patriots from Bethel Johnson to Ellis Hobbs to Laurence Maroney.

LOL at Jets fan ignoring the disclaimer

It's like picking on a deaf ,dumb ,blind kid in a green helicopter beanie...you know you shouldn't...but....

Dont think jets will go 4 -3 and outs this time ..and will come out throwing this time unlike last time when they wanted to establish the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST