PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do you think we let Mallett throw at the Arkansas Pro Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously BB wants to see how in sync his future QB and WRs are ;-)

Why do you think the Patriots let Ochocinco get his butt kicked by a girl in the Rebok ad?

Seems odd to me that BB would want him to do that. Not an injury risk or anything. He gets enough practice with us doesn't he? But, he's surely not trying to get Mallett's input on some of his former wr's. Who are good prospects such as; Joe Adams, Jarius Wright and Greg Childs. Did he want to showcase Mallett to other teams in case he wants to deal him? I'm probably reading too much into it. Just struck me as odd.

I imagine BB and/or McDaniels/Fears was at the pro day. How better to get the most accurate impression possible on the Arkansas WRs then to have a QB you're somewhat familiar with and that you've had in your system for a year throwing to them? It didn't really make sense to ask Brady to throw to them. But a former Arkansas QB isn't too unusual.

That, and to give the other pro teams another look at Mallet now that he's been in a pro camp and and gotten pro coaching for a year.

Those scouts might go back to their head coach and talk about how well Mallett threw.

Love the fact that Joe Adams can't figure out how to run a 40, even though he is clearly the fastest player on almost any field. He would instantly improve our return game, provide Welker insurance, and provide some versatility outside at the same time.

"It is what it is. But it ain't what you think." - Brandon Spikes

Remember, Spikes ran much slower than expected.

As a quarterback, his job is to throw footballs for a living. If they're really worried that one day of tossing a football around has a non-trivial chance of getting him injured, then that's an issue in its own right. Given that that isn't a worry, why would they care enough to try to stop him?

Last edited:
Have no problems with Mallett throwing.

Most likely Mallet and the receivers already know each other. The scouts can actually see and evaluate the receivers perform optimally. Better yet, they want to see their future QB WR combo, yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back