PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why are the Colts a “rival”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
People talk like they’re a rival but I don’t see it. They’re not in our division. It’s also very one sided in the last decade. The Ravens started Deflategate by setting up the league sting, the Colts were just a participant and it could have been any team.

The rivalry was Brady vs Manning not Pats vs Colts.

Peyton, as stupid as it sounds.

Because they were in our division for many years and because they did beat us from time to time nearly a decade ago. And because of the Deflategate drama. But by the dictionary definition of a “rival,” they do not rival the Patriots. You have to be in a position to dispute the dominance of another team and the Colts haven’t been in that position in many years. Even still, I despise them as a franchise and wish them nothing but the worst.

The rivalry ended the moment Manning was no longer the starting QB. We’ve won 5 in a row against them and aside from 2011 they were all complete blowouts.

21-3, the Pats heading in for another score, phantom OPI call on Troy Brown turns the whole game around. Colts make a huge come back and get to play the overmatched Bears (with Rex Grossman at QB) for their only SB win.

This game sticks in my craw like herpes, you can never get rid of it!

2009 is the last time they beat us? Yea its not a rivalry anymore.

I think 2015 is the only game since then that was even close. Even the steelers ‘rivalry ‘ isnt that lopsided they got us in 2011 and almost had us last year

It was all about Brady/Manning and really doesn't exist anymore. That being said, feelings of despise towards the Colts don't just dissipate the moment Manning left (at least for me it didn't). It's obviously not the same, but if I'm watching one of their games, I'd rather they lose than win.

The rivalry ended the moment Manning was no longer the starting QB. We’ve won 5 in a row against them and aside from 2011 they were all complete blowouts.
And 2011 was a blowout that doesn’t look it on paper because of garbage time points.

21-3, the Pats heading in for another score, phantom OPI call on Troy Brown turns the whole game around. Colts make a huge come back and get to play the overmatched Bears (with Rex Grossman at QB) for their only SB win.

This game sticks in my craw like herpes, you can never get rid of it!
Then came the legendary “face guarding” penalty on Ellis Hobbs. I was in full meltdown mode after that call.

It’s not like the Yankees vs Red Sox or Michigan vs Ohio st. We just hate the colts.

They throw games for picks
Owners a dope headed freakazoid
Luck sucks so suck for luck is some kind of crazy oxymoron. There’s just complicated crap. All revolving around them jerks

The whole “sucking for a quarterback who himself sucks” confused me. Fnord will have to address how so much sucking can go on simultaneously

A nail considers a hammer a rival. The hammer? Not so much.

images

RIP Pats/Colts Rivalry 2003-2010. Not even half of Brady's career.

It’s not a rivalry anymore. That was long ago. The colts are one of two teams that I root against, regardless of who they are playing, the other is the yankees.

It'll be a rivalry til I die. I will never forget the 2006 AFCCG. I want to beat them 100-0 and watch them go 0-16 every year for the rest of my life

The Colts used to be in the Pats Division.

Peyton vs. TB12 was the biggest story in the league for years...and we do have to admit that the Colts with Manning as QB won a couple of big games towards the end of his career. Any serious talk about that "story" only ended when Brady slammed the door shut by winning #4 and #5 and established once and for all that he was in a class all by himself.

And let's not forget the role that the scum Grigson and the Colts sideline played in creating the fraud called "Deflategate."

So, yeah, I'd call them rivals.

Rival? Isn't that an old brand of dog food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes