PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's Available On Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say let’s go with LB at 105 tomorrow. Jewell in particular.

Belichick has to like Kyle Lauletta a bit - the guys dad and grandad played at Navy and he has dabbled in LaCrosse as well...sounds like a Belichick 'personal'
pick to me if hes around when/if they decide to draft a QB
Bill's father coached Kyle's Uncle Lex at Navy.

Last edited:
Cruikshank,

Bill's father coached Kyle's Uncle Lex at Navy.
Yeah I truly think Belichick could very well pick this kid with his heart and the kids background...hope his heart is right if it happens - would be VERY interesting if it was in the 6th round at pick 198 which is one pick earlier than Brady went in the same round :)

Leaving aside the QB

104 - Duke Ejiofor DE
143 - Christian Sam LB
198 - Tremon Smith CB
210 - Peter Kalambayi OLB
219 - Jullian Taylor - DL
Quick question, what do you see in Sam and Smith that you would choose them over SGriffin. Or rather what you dislike about Shaqeem.

He's had great production playing on a good team. His speed reminds me of the kid from Jacksonville and Shazier. He has good length. He'd have been a first-round pick if he had 2 hands.

Personally, I see his lack of a hand as being a minor factor in his evaluation. Again he wasn't just a combine wonder, he produced against some very good teams.

So you know a lot more about the draft than I. Why didn't Shaqueem Griffin earn one of your "bolds"? I'll check on your answer in the morning/ ';)

Yeah I truly think Belichick could very well pick this kid with his heart and the kids background...hope his heart is right if it happens - would be VERY interesting if it was in the 6th round at pick 198 which is one pick earlier than Brady went in the same round :)
Lauletta, Falk, White are all Brady fans & are just perfect fits. I'd be down w/ any at 105.

Duke, Sweat, Okoronkwo, Armstrong, Fitts would all be great value picks. I would be happy bc I loved Flowers & Rivers & both were taken around this range.

Whitehead, Elliot, Cruikshank for S's.

hey Ken....no matter who anyone THINKS we'll take no one really has a clue. We KNOW this after 18 seasons. Bill is stocking slots with this draft just as he will stock slots with veteran free agents later on. No one has a clue what this team is going to look like until the end of training camp. I can see his thought process a bit after the past two days but I really have zero to offer on what he'll do next. There are strident voices here who mock the lack of defensive picks so far, call the LB's and edge rushers "complete crap". Uh, don't we have some young studs entering their 2nd season afetr being IR'ed in 2017? Do these "experts" think the Pats are just going to cut them? They're no good? After being acclaimed last season as the fresh blood the defense needed?

I've finally given up trying to get through to all these "knowers" we have here these days. They mirror the ignorant sub-moronic nitwits like Felcher and Gasbaggarotti. They only seek immediate gratification and acknowledgement of THEIR tremendous NFL/Patriot insights. It will never change...in fact it will only get worse.

Just some names still available on day 3 of the draft at potential positions of need.

Quenton Meeks
Josey Jewell
Ian Thomas
Josh Sweat

Kyzir White
Da'Shawn Hand
Duke Ejiofor
Dalton Schultz
Daesean Hamilton
Equanimeous St Brown
Tegray Scales
Holton Hill
Mike White
Kyle Lauletta
Luke Falk
Micah Kiser

Chris Herndon
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Leon Jacobs
Jaylen Samuels
Kylie Fitts
Shaquem Griffin
Genard Avery
Deshon Elliott
Christian Sam
Jack Cichy
Russell Gage
Peter Kalambayi
Braxton Berrios
Tremon Smith
Bilal Nichols
Jullian Taylor
Skai Moore

Those in bold are the ones that particularly interest me. The draft isn't over yet.
Interest you and not BB.

Th
hey Ken....no matter who anyone THINKS we'll take no one really has a clue. We KNOW this after 18 seasons. Bill is stocking slots with this draft just as he will stock slots with veteran free agents later on. No one has a clue what this team is going to look like until the end of training camp. I can see his thought process a bit after the past two days but I really have zero to offer on what he'll do next. There are strident voices here who mock the lack of defensive picks so far, call the LB's and edge rushers "complete crap". Uh, don't we have some young studs entering their 2nd season afetr being IR'ed in 2017? Do these "experts" think the Pats are just going to cut them? They're no good? After being acclaimed last season as the fresh blood the defense needed?

I've finally given up trying to get through to all these "knowers" we have here these days. They mirror the ignorant sub-moronic nitwits like Felcher and Gasbaggarotti. They only seek immediate gratification and acknowledgement of THEIR tremendous NFL/Patriot insights. It will never change...in fact it will only get worse.

Who are these young studs? I am guessing one's rivers? Don't tell me the other one's Cyrus Jones lol. It will be nice to have hightower back but can he stay healthy? Do they have a backup plan there? Can these LBs cover worth a lick? It has been said that we need some athleticism at the LB position. Either way I expect us to win games even if the defense's middle of the pack because of number 12.

Canvi ask for a lb? I hope we get a lb

Belichick has to like Kyle Lauletta a bit - the guys dad and grandad played at Navy and he has dabbled in LaCrosse as well...sounds like a Belichick 'personal'
pick to me if hes around when/if they decide to draft a QB
Maybe, but we heard the same thing about the WR from Navy, last year. Keenan Reynolds, I think?

It will depend on who Belichick feels could be the best fit for the team at the position. If he’s on the fence between two players, he could take the one who he personally prefers, as you’ve said.

hey Ken....no matter who anyone THINKS we'll take no one really has a clue.

Ehh....

We knew they needed OL, RB, DL and CB. They've targeted 3 of the 4 need positions in this draft so far, and the linebackers people expected them to have interest in were taken before they picked.

Elliott is at the top of my list. Genard Avery,Jose Jewell and Dorance Armstrong are very interesting. Edge players I am into are Josh Sweat and Ejiofor.Hamilton as WR has really amazing tapes as well.So c'mon Bill do not surprise me, just grab one of these guys.

I can see they targeted for needs I just had no clue WHO they were before the picks were made...unlike complete nutbag ADHD riddled "knowers" posting hundreds and hundreds of complaining, biatch crying screeds after every single pick.

Th

Who are these young studs? I am guessing one's rivers? Don't tell me the other one's Cyrus Jones lol. It will be nice to have hightower back but can he stay healthy? Do they have a backup plan there? Can these LBs cover worth a lick? It has been said that we need some athleticism at the LB position. Either way I expect us to win games even if the defense's middle of the pack because of number 12.

Danny Shelton - NT - Upgrade
Hightower back - Upgrade
Langi - LB depth upgrade
Rivers - We'll see. But has a lot of potential.
Wise and Butler - 2nd year bump - upgrade

Front 7 was already better before the draft. Pass rush was improved before the draft..

It's going to be another (yes a freaking nother) great season.

Hightower back - Upgrade
Langi - LB depth upgrade

Front 7 was already better before the draft. Pass rush was improved before the draft..

Keionta Davis should be included as well. 10.5 sacks at DE senior year, projected mid round who went undeafted due to bulging cervical disk.

Hightower back - Upgrade
Langi - LB depth upgrade

I have no faith in Hightower lasting the entire season. We need depth at the position badly.

Any QB we take will be a backup at best. Brady is playing 3-4 years. Were not drafting his successor on a contract that doesn't overlap & ready to turn the team over to a 27-28 yo rookie.

Future franchise QB wont be from this draft.
Little surprised to read this from you, BGC. I respectfully disagree on the idea that Brady will play 3-4 more years--actually, check that--I respectfully disagree that the team will be basing its moves on that idea and putting all of its eggs in one basket. It was just a week ago where Brady's agent had to come out and confirm that he'd be back for 2018, so I'm going to hope for two more years, and see where we're at then.

A lot can happen in the meantime, though. He could win the SB this year, or God forbid the unthinkable happens. Even a somewhat "normal" or nagging injury that lasts throughout the year on some level could make him pause before committing to next season. I think the team will attempt to prepare themselves. At this point in time, all they've really done (realistically speaking) was pass up on Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph. We know that they've been focusing heavily on the "second tier" kind of guys like Lauletta, White, and Falk, and I'm fully expecting them to address that later on this afternoon. I don't see any reason why one of them couldn't be groomed and take over after sitting two years at the age of 24, or even three years at 25. Actually, Garoppolo almost sat for the entire length of his 4 year rookie contract until the final handful of games.

Last edited:
I have no faith in Hightower lasting the entire season. We need depth at the position badly.
Agreed, although it's possible that Belichick may see a guy like Rivers (our first pick last year) as a bit of a "bonus." Ditto for a guy like Langi. Either way, I think we'll address the position with one of the picks today, as well as some additional competition from a couple of UDFAs.

I'm a bit disappointed that the (expected) three picks yesterday didn't produce more, although I was fully prepared for a trade into next year with one of them at the same time. I would've liked to have seen one of the TEs and one of the LBs taken, personally, but CB was certainly a need, too.

We locked in a 4 year starter at slot CB at 56. Let’s lock in a 4 year starter at slot WR at 105.

Agreed, but I'd like to make sure that they select one of the QBs, as well. I don't know if that would mean trading back up or what, but I think that's a priority. Of course, Bill usually goes against the popular opinion, so he may refuse to address the position altogether outside of throwing something at the wall during the later rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if he took a flier on the kid from Princeton in the 6th round or something, just the same.

I wouldn't really shocked in the least if your guy from Penn St. is taken at wide receiver. I don't really see the "logjam" that many others do, and the same went for running back. Yes, there's a lot of "names" there, but there was always a need when looking ahead, and those names haven't really amounted to much, thus far. I see guys like Britt, Dorsett, Mitchell, Patterson, and Matthews as improved competition, but nothing that would suggest that more than 1-2 players will make the squad.

I still like quite a few players today. But whoever they pick is likely to have/need special teams ability. Bar a QB they likely aren't going to make the team without it.

I'm particularly focused on a LB who can run. I've been on Christian Sam for a while but I would also like to see us pick up Shaun Dion Hamilton from Alabama - injuries are a concern but he could be a steal if given a redshirt year. I also love the upside of Foyesade Oluokun. I'd love if we could snag him in the 7th.

Few guys I like:

Duke Ejiofor
Ian Thomas
DaeSean Hamilton
Dane Cruikshank
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Anthony Averett
Christian Sam
Troy Apke
Shaun Dion Hamilton
Foyesade Oluokun,
Kentavius Street
Mark Walton
Antonio Callaway (although likely off their board)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes