PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would be the next GM?

If RK fires BB he has to pay him 25 million for 2024. This could be a factor in Kraft’s decision.
He may be very motivated to keep Bill for one more year and have both the GM and Bill report separately to Jonothan.

Not saying I love this, but the longer this stretches out the more likely Bill stays.
That is very true. McDaniels will be back In fold. Here's my assumption if McDaniels is back BOB is out. Mac will be here. What I'm going to say attention to is just where mayo fits in all of this.

This continuous recycling of former coaches (Judge, Fat Matt, BoB) hasn't worked so far, so let's try it one more time!

Like I've been saying, keeping Bill will change nothing, w/ or w/o the GM role. Get ready for another 7-9 win season.

This continuous recycling of former coaches (Judge, Fat Matt, BoB) hasn't worked so far, so let's try it one more time!

Like I've been saying, keeping Bill will change nothing, w/ or w/o the GM role. Get ready for another 7-9 win season.
It's true. I can very much see him telling RK.. if you let me have Josh again I can fix Mac, I'll get some guys in here on offense. We'll be able to compete if I do that..

Kraft needs some outside consulting who is in touch with his fan base to remind him...
If he allows Bill to return with status quo, and doesn't sign/draft a new QB - he WILL be losing lots of money. You're going to see a stretch of non-sold out games, and a ton less merch sales.
Kraft is a biz man, and it's 90% about marketing.

They will draft a QB to energize the fan base . So it might end up being a business decision. How well that pans out is anybody's guess.

As far as daniels and maye go it's a lottery but a necessary pill for us to swallow.lets hope whomsoever we draft pans out .

One thing is certain - you can't keep both Zappe & Mac here when OTA's start.
Those two couldn't be more polarizing, and it's not even hidden. That horribly mismanaged "competition" poisoned the offense.
I think someone would trade a 5th for Mac - he could turn into a reasonable #2 somewhere.

We are going to have a 7 - 9 win season with any coach if the new QB is competent. It is the 2025 season that is a concern.

If RK fires BB he has to pay him 25 million for 2024. This could be a factor in Kraft’s decision.
He may be very motivated to keep Bill for one more year and have both the GM and Bill report separately to Jonothan.

Not saying I love this, but the longer this stretches out the more likely Bill stays.
so, you think that the Kraft's will risk reducing the value of a $6B asset in order to save $25M?

We are going to have a 7 - 9 win season with any coach if the new QB is competent. It is the 2025 season that is a concern.
Ok, so by this measure, there was one competent QB draftee in 2023?

Also, the 7-9 requires signing a veteran who can start, someone like Bissette or Tannahill.
===============
If we address our other concerns, I believe that the key to 2024 (and perhaps 2025) is getting a veteran starter.
=============
And, with a starter like Bissette, our FLOOR could be 7-9; we would be competing for the playoffs.

Last edited:
Tony Romo.....because he knows so much about football. He tells us so every Sunday.

Agreed. It was the same here how caserio ect. Moved up. That's why I'm thinking Josh will be back here as OC, Groh and someone else in the personnel department will be promoted.

I believe Groh has the right ideas with drafting and FA however Bill is the one who has final say. That has been the issue last 3 seasons.
If Josh is back it will be just in time to help us select the next Tim Tebow.

If Josh is back it will be just in time to help us select the next Tim Tebow.
Tebow probably would be better than anything we have at QB right now. And Tebow was last seen playing TE....

so, you think that the Kraft's will risk reducing the value of a $6B asset in order to save $25M?
Not advocating for it but one extra year of BB will not impact franchise value

Not advocating for it but one extra year of BB will not impact franchise value
It would probably be better for the team than bringing in all new coaches and firing all the players that many posters would get rid of.

IMO, having Belichick leave and bringing in a GM to start the future would finally start a new era, and likely increase the value of the franchise (or at least stabilize it). There would expectations of a competitive football team.

One thing is certain - you can't keep both Zappe & Mac here when OTA's start.
Those two couldn't be more polarizing, and it's not even hidden. That horribly mismanaged "competition" poisoned the offense.
I think someone would trade a 5th for Mac - he could turn into a reasonable #2 somewhere.
One thing is certain you can’t keep Mac Jones here if you are serious about winning.

If your goal is to have a top 5 pick again next year then yeah Mac Jones is the move

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back