PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would be the next GM?

Sometimes experience can increase wisdom. Its all a moot point. No GM will be able to operate free of Bill’s influence

Sometimes. Unfortunately Lombardi did not have a successful experience to increase his wisdom.

"We think we want Peter's" what?

Bob Kraft make a plan??? Haha. @venecol agrees with you. The dude is 82 years old. Wake up? Yes. I am sure Bob Kraft sleeps a lot at 82. Make a plan? Again haha. Venecol thinks he picked Parcells 30 years ago when Kraft was 52, so Kraft is going to pick the next amamzing GM and Coach.

The same people, like you and Venecol, that expect Kraft to select the correct GM and Coach at 82 years of age think BB is too old at 71 years of age.
Lol

Mike Lombardi or make a huge offer to Howie Roseman.
I would be very careful with Slowik as head coach. He has had one good year and most of his experience is on defensive side of the ball
You are joking about Mike Lombardi right? If not, what about him do you consider qualified?

You are joking about Mike Lombardi right? If not, what about him do you consider qualified?
He has good relationship with BB and is knowledgeable, pretty grounded and connected.

It seems that Bill and the Kraft's have planned another meeting. They all have lots to think about.
====================
OPEN QUESTION
How do the Kraft's make sure that Belichick doesn't have control of the hiring and firing of coaches and staff? Apparently, this was a problem when he hired Patricia and Judge, and when he wanted them continue. Apparently, there was also an issue when BOB want to hire his own people.

Someone needs to curb some of Belichick's decision-making on personnel. Clearly who we choose to sign (Ju-ju) or nor sign (Myers) should also be reviewed and approved.

It seems that Bill and the Kraft's have planned another meeting. They all have lots to think about.
====================
OPEN QUESTION
How do the Kraft's make sure that Belichick doesn't have control of the hiring and firing of coaches and staff? Apparently, this was a problem when he hired Patricia and Judge, and when he wanted them continue. Apparently, there was also an issue when BOB want to hire his own people.

Someone needs to curb some of Belichick's decision-making on personnel. Clearly who we choose to sign (Ju-ju) or nor sign (Myers) should also be reviewed and approved.
Gm determines the parameters of player personnel, or should. You seem muddled.

If Kraft fires BB or BB stays and relinquishes his gm duties, the person I would want as gm for would Adam Peters from SF.

What say you?
I've heard Peter's name mentioned on here a few times. The issue with Bill still being here and " relinquishing " GM duties is will it really be such? He's paid as HC/GM he'd have to agree to a contract revisement i would Imagine. IMO I believe this happens:

Josh is back as OC next season.

Bill remains and Mayo is Assistant Coach

Some talented player personnel people are added.

====================
OPEN QUESTION

I believe in the meeting with RK& JK that with be a hot topic. Don't forget the contract extension to Parker as well. Bill from his pressers looks as humbled as we've seen him in years. If he stays I agree there has to be someone to stop this madness with bad contracts.

Peters would be excellent. Can't hate someone who has learned how to build a crazy good roster in SF. But will Kraft pay him?

Peters would be excellent. Can't hate someone who has learned how to build a crazy good roster in SF. But will Kraft pay him?
If RK won't pay he won't be here. Talent isn't coming here for peanuts!

The organization would deserve another last place finish if they keep on Groh, especially if Belichick is also here. Bill has influence over Groh who sucks anyhow.

I’m starting to lean towards Wolf, but how does anyone outside of the organization know anything more than a couple of of anecdotes ?

If RK won't pay he won't be here. Talent isn't coming here for peanuts!

I think Kraft will pay, but I don’t see anyone who is succeeding as the GM of another franchise leaving their job to come here. Teams almost always have to turn to their underlings to hire a new GM.

By “ their underlings” I mean the lower rung personnel guys in other franchises, not just the Patriots.

"We think we want Peter's" what?

Bob Kraft make a plan??? Haha. @venecol agrees with you. The dude is 82 years old. Wake up? Yes. I am sure Bob Kraft sleeps a lot at 82. Make a plan? Again haha. Venecol thinks he picked Parcells 30 years ago when Kraft was 52, so Kraft is going to pick the next amamzing GM and Coach.

The same people, like you and Venecol, that expect Kraft to select the correct GM and Coach at 82 years of age think BB is too old at 71 years of age.
Kraft didn't pick Parcells.

I think Kraft will pay, but I don’t see anyone who is succeeding as the GM of another franchise leaving their job to come here. Teams almost always have to turn to their underlings to hire a new GM.

By “ their underlings” I mean the lower rung personnel guys in other franchises, not just the Patriots.
Agreed. It was the same here how caserio ect. Moved up. That's why I'm thinking Josh will be back here as OC, Groh and someone else in the personnel department will be promoted.

I believe Groh has the right ideas with drafting and FA however Bill is the one who has final say. That has been the issue last 3 seasons.

If RK fires BB he has to pay him 25 million for 2024. This could be a factor in Kraft’s decision.
He may be very motivated to keep Bill for one more year and have both the GM and Bill report separately to Jonothan.

Not saying I love this, but the longer this stretches out the more likely Bill stays.

I think Groh is Belichick’s guy. I would expect him to go with Belichick if he leaves.
Correct as Al was here as well. RK, JK and Bill are all very successful, articulate calculated men. I'm sure between them they all will make the best decision going forward for the sake of the organization. This season was rock bottom.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back