PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Thinks The Pats Outplayed The Eagles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CISGS

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
This is the only thing keeping me sane.

The Patriots did not outplay the Eagles. This was the most un-Patriot like game I can remember. So many mental mistakes, terrible coaching decisions and poor adjustments.

Believe it or not, this helps me feel better about next season.

Edelman
Hightower
Mitchell

Last edited:

The Patriots did not outplay the Eagles. This was the most in-Patriot like game I can remember. So many mental mistakes, terrible coaching decisions and poor adjustments.

Edelman
Hightower
Mitchell

All good, but injury prone players. That's the thing that gives me pause.

Defense and piss poor coaching is why we lost, but looking back it starts with coaching and ends with Brady once again becoming super Brady only to fall short this time.

Sorry they let you down, Brady.

Defense and piss poor coaching is why we lost, but looking back it starts with coaching and ends with Brady once again becoming super Brady only to fall short this time.

Sorry they let you down, Brady.
This was the first Super Bowl Brady lost when the offense was clicking. Those Giants games were about stopping Brady. This game had Brady shredding the other team, but still managing to lose because our defense was more nervous than an ADHD high schooler drinking Monster before the first date of his life.

Kind of a misleading thread title, as it seems to suggest that you believe the opposite of what you actually think.

In the end, I think we can all agree that we got outplayed and outcoached. That said, the offense really played well, particularly in the 2nd half. Unfortunately, they spotted them 10 at the half.

This was the first Super Bowl Brady lost when the offense was clicking. Those Giants games were about stopping Brady. This game had Brady shredding the other team, but still managing to lose because our defense was more nervous than an ADHD high schooler drinking Monster before the first date of his life.
Even in 42 we saw late game Brady heroics, but this one made me feel ill for Brady. I am long over the loss, but the team let Brady down this time imo.

Even in 42 we saw late game Brady heroics, but this one made me feel ill for Brady. I am long over the loss, but the team let Brady down this time imo.

I agree. I read a stat that really bites. No ones ever thrown for 500 yards and lost. Given that info. It’s a disasterous failure by coaching and defense- st.

Wasnt 33 the most points scored in a SB loss too?

I believe so. Have to check it to be certain.

Yes. It was. The stats on that game are crazy 1100 yards? It’s the most yards ever in the history of the nfl

I believe so. Have to check it to be certain.

Yes. It was. The stats on that game are crazy 1100 yards? It’s the most yards ever in the history of the nfl
Yeah, what do you think we’d all have said if you predicted Brady with 500+ yards/3 TDs/0 INTs, with THREE receivers going over 115+ yds, the running game averaging over 5 YPC, and zero punts?

I guarantee we’d all have thought that it was a blowout win where we hung a 50 burger on them. Just amazing stats.

Yeah, what do you think we’d all have said if you predicted Brady with 500+ yards/3 TDs/0 INTs, with THREE receivers going over 115+ yds, the running game averaging over 5 YPC, and zero punts?

I guarantee we’d all have thought that it was a blowout win where we hung a 50 burger on them. Just amazing stats.

I’m still freaked out by that too, it’s like, how do you manage to lose that? It would be like scoring two hundred points with 100 offensive rebounds and losing a basketball game

The Patriots did not outplay the Eagles. This was the most un-Patriot like game I can remember. So many mental mistakes, terrible coaching decisions and poor adjustments.

Edelman
Hightower
Mitchell

I would manage your expectations on those 3. Jules will be a 32 year old coming of an ACL. Hightower is healthy half the time and the draft guides quoted one scout who said Mitchell’s knees are “held together with scotch tape.” We’ve seen nothing in 2 years to suggest that he was wrong or that that situation is going to improve.

The Eagles actually played better defense (by one play). Their special teams played better than the Pats. Their offense scored more points so they win that battle as well. I think the Eagles coaches out coached the Pats.

The only guy that gets a pass from me is Brady and McDaniels. The Eagles defense was 4th in yards and 4th in points. Brady and the offense torched them almost all night long. That was great. The Pats defense was 5th in points and 29th in yards and honestly, since one of your key players was not playing, it is hard to say what that defense was all about.

But honestly, the Eagles won the game. If the Pats somehow forced overtime, if they did not win the coin coin, I don't know if the defense could have stoped them.

Brady outplayed them. The rest of the team? Not so much.

Not much different from last year

No strip sack, likely different result.....the pats were unstoppable until that play in the 2nd half

I hate spotting teams leads.....I think hubris is the cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back