PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Thinks The Pats Outplayed The Eagles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewis, Burkhead, and White all had very good games.

I didn't include guys like them and Hogan because their good games all branched off of Brady's good game. But yes, I agree. That said, Brady carried this team. Without him, the Eagles would have scrubbed the field with this team.

The tackling was laughably bad. I haven’t seen that from a Patriot defense in a while. Maybe 2002? That probably cost them the game actually.

Wrap the guy up not try to knock him down on his shoulders. Fundamentals.

I agree with this %100, and I was shocked by it, as I thought that would be the biggest point of emphasis by Belichick and Patricia. That’s all on the players, and I agree that it’s what cost them the game.

The tackling was laughably bad. I haven’t seen that from a Patriot defense in a while. Maybe 2002? That probably cost them the game actually.

Wrap the guy up not try to knock him down on his shoulders. Fundamentals.

Richards' and Basemosi's were the worst. Richards, once again, took a piss poor angle and completely whiffed. For the life of me, I cannot understand why he is not only on the team, but getting quality snaps during some of the biggest games of the season. Two of which were against the two fastest teams in the league when this turd looks like he's running with 25 lb. weights around his ankles.

If not for the strip sack, we all know that Brady was taking them down the field for a TD to win the game 40-38. Eagle fans knew it. The media knew it. Everyone knew it.

Their only hope was for something like what happened to happen. And of course, it happened.

But if it hadn't, we are all celebrating yet another incredible victory and SB championship.

The think that drove me nuts the most (and @sb1 point about tackling is certainly part of it) was 3rd/4th down defense (especially 3rd and long situations).

However, in games like this it is just one more play here or there that makes the difference. That play went to the Eagles.

This is the only thing keeping me sane.

The Patriots did not outplay the Eagles. This was the most un-Patriot like game I can remember. So many mental mistakes, terrible coaching decisions and poor adjustments.

Believe it or not, this helps me feel better about next season.

Edelman
Hightower
Mitchell

Of those 3 Hightower was really the only player that would have helped Sunday. The Offense was perfectly fine. Then again Butler could have been another player that could have helped Sunday and we failed to use him

Defense and piss poor coaching is why we lost, but looking back it starts with coaching and ends with Brady once again becoming super Brady only to fall short this time.

Sorry they let you down, Brady.

Defense I can agree with, but, piss poor coaching? This is the very same team that has been coached all the way to the Super Bowl and NOW you say there was piss poor coaching? The coaches did everything they can to prepare the team for the game. The failure is with the players who did not "do their job". How many of us have shown someone how to do something numerous times and they still do not get it. It is our fault or theirs for not getting it?

Defense I can agree with, but, piss poor coaching? This is the very same team that has been coached all the way to the Super Bowl and NOW you say there was piss poor coaching? The coaches did everything they can to prepare the team for the game. The failure is with the players who did not "do their job". How many of us have shown someone how to do something numerous times and they still do not get it. It is our fault or theirs for not getting it?

You can have generally great coaching have an off night. BB is the greatest ever but he's not perfect.

And the other team they played is a damned good team. They made a bunch of great plays on offense - some great runs and spectacular catches.

And let's face it - that Clement touchdown shouldn't have counted. He was out of bounds.

Whatever. You get there this many times you're gonna lose some. It happens.

Butler had a great game.

His name wasnt mentioned once.

I agree with this %100, and I was shocked by it, as I thought that would be the biggest point of emphasis by Belichick and Patricia. That’s all on the players, and I agree that it’s what cost them the game.

Belichick (and he's just quoting many others himself) has said that football is all about blocking and tackling. And that alone was enough to be the difference in the game, regardless of Butler and any other questionable coaching decision.

I saw one significant missed tackle by the Eagles, on the White TD. Otherwise they executed as well as they could. The Patriots were inconsistent here; a few great tackles (on the 3rd and 1 prior to the 4th and 2 by McCourty and the 4th and 2 itself by Harmon) but a few terrible tackles like the two mentioned earlier and one by Harmon on the Coleman wheel route where he beat Richards.

The Eagles blocked effectively enough the entire game. The Patriots did too, except for one play.

Eagles earned it.

Belichick (and he's just quoting many others himself) has said that football is all about blocking and tackling. And that alone was enough to be the difference in the game, regardless of Butler and any other questionable coaching decision.

I saw one significant missed tackle by the Eagles, on the White TD. Otherwise they executed as well as they could. The Patriots were inconsistent here; a few great tackles (on the 3rd and 1 prior to the 4th and 2 by McCourty and the 4th and 2 itself by Harmon) but a few terrible tackles like the two you mentioned and one by Harmon on the Coleman wheel route where he beat Richards.

The Eagles blocked effectively enough the entire game. The Patriots did too, except for one play.

Eagles earned it.

That’s what I saw as well.

Well obviously the Eagles must have cheated, that's the only explanation if a team plays better than normal or if their opponent plays worse than normal. That's how this works, right?

Patriots played well enough to win.

Not on defense. No team has ever won a SB allowing 41 points. The most a team allowed, before Sunday, and won was 31. So pretty much they were at least 10 points from being good enough to win(okay technically only 9 ;)).

Which part of the defense played well enough to win? The part where they forced a punt once and "forced" an interception in the 2nd quarter?

What part of the special teams played well enough to win? The part where they shanked a chip shot field goal? The part where they shanked an extra point? The part where Belichick wouldn't trust them with a 50 yard field goal attempt? The part where the Eagles only started one possession inside the 25 yard line and that was because of a penalty? The part where the Patriots couldn't run the ball back to the 25 on kickoffs?

If we had SB 42 defense, we would've smacked these Philly *****es back to Philadelphia. All we needed was some veteran leadership and a solid d-line.

If not for the strip sack, we all know that Brady was taking them down the field for a TD to win the game 40-38. Eagle fans knew it. The media knew it. Everyone knew it.

Their only hope was for something like what happened to happen. And of course, it happened.

But if it hadn't, we are all celebrating yet another incredible victory and SB championship.

Their wouldve been time left for Philly. My guess..like a minute or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back