PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Thinks The Pats Outplayed The Eagles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which part of the defense played well enough to win? The part where they forced a punt once and "forced" an interception in the 2nd quarter?

What part of the special teams played well enough to win? The part where they shanked a chip shot field goal? The part where they shanked an extra point? The part where Belichick wouldn't trust them with a 50 yard field goal attempt? The part where the Eagles only started one possession inside the 25 yard line and that was because of a penalty? The part where the Patriots couldn't run the ball back to the 25 on kickoffs?
I was referring to the whole team. They had come back to take the lead in the 4th quarter. They had the ball with 2 minutes left. Well enough to win, just did not quite get there.

The Eagles offense way outplayed the Patriots defense, all night long.

The Patriots offense way outplayed the Eagles defense, all night long, except for one play.

That one play (the strip sack) settled the outcome. I have no doubt that if that play had not have happened, the final score would have been either 39-38 Patriots or 41-38 Patriots, depending upon whether the Patriots made the two point conversion after their go-ahead TD, happening with under 30 seconds left.

That would have been a pleasant alternate reality.

Sounds like something Hines Ward would say.

Scoreboard.

Neither team deserved to win. At least the pats know that they could have played better if they used their 2nd best corner. The eagles didn't sit any stars on d and looked like trash

This was the first Super Bowl Brady lost when the offense was clicking. Those Giants games were about stopping Brady. This game had Brady shredding the other team, but still managing to lose because our defense was more nervous than an ADHD high schooler drinking Monster before the first date of his life.
I think 33 points is the most any SB losing team ever had

When you lose it's because the other team made 1 more great play than you ... or more.

So my answer is no .... we did not.

No team really outplayed the other. Philly just made the one key stop they needed to save the game. It really came down to one guy making the play of his life on the Philly side. Had he not stripped Brady, we would have scored and left Philly with very little time to go down the field. And likely would have been our win. Tough games like that come down to one or two plays and a bit of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News