PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is Mike Gillislee

Status
Not open for further replies.
M Mitchell will break out this season just watch.

Im watching Andrew Hawkins too. Hes hungry.

In 2014 Hawkins is WR4

Totally agree on MM. Loce the kid. They'll find time for him. I just don't see him playing more than the players I mentioned.

I thought Gillislee looked sharp and tough when we played Buffalo.

And while I think he has a solid chance to contribute for the Pats, and even a 50/50 chance to be a star, I'd take Gillislee's FO rating with a grain of salt. A decent, and maybe a scintilla above average back, Bilal Powell ended up number 3 on the list that put the new Pat's back at number 1. So...

In my opinion, you are really underestimating Powell. What he did last year after he got the opportunity to be their lead back was impressive. He clearly showed that he is far more than just a "decent" back in the second half of last year. He is explosive and versatile. The Pats were interested in him during the 2106 offseason and would have been all over him this offseason, after his breakout second half. Don't try to downgrade Gilleslee (whom I love now that he is not vulturing TDs from my fantasy RB1) based upon a poor analysis of Powell's talent and potential going forward.

I think Hawkin is not making the roster. His highlight video seems to indicates that he is not a natural at catching the ball. He slows down, twist his body to face the QB, loses all the momentum or falls down after the catch. Reminds me of Josh Boyce with more production.

Who in the NFL has a similar running style as Gillislee ?
My guess is CJ Anderson (Bronco). Gillislee is faster, but not as powerful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back