PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who else is ridiculously psyched about game 1 and the Pat’s season in general ?

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I’m 58 years old, so I’m generally even keeled. But for some reason, I’m really psyched about the 2021 season. I’m really psyched about game 1, I just feel the Pats have a good team.

Last year, even with Cam and the opt outs, I still thought the Pats could make the playoffs. But I never thought Cam would play so poorly (as a passer). I never saw only EIGHT TD passes all year coming. It has to be 30+ years since we had a QB(s) that threw single digit TD passes all year. And FFS, Cam threw 3 TD passes in the final game of the year vs the hapless Jets. So FIVE TD passes in 14 games. I don’t care how poor the weapons were, a decent QB can make things work and have at least 15 TD passes. The offense was just so dismal last year.

This year, I really feel Mac Jones is a natural for this offense, he just fits like a glove. And then the quality players brought in during free agency and an excellent draft. The additions/returns of Hightower & Van Noy, Judon, the TEs & receivers. I just feel this is a well built team. I feel after some adjustments to the NFL, Jones will make this offense run really well. TEs are a rookie QB’s best friend. And we signed two excellent ones. Jones has good chemistry with some of the weapons already.

I think a lot of teams will underestimate the Pats this year, it’s going to be an exciting year, I’m psyched big time.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff

I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be cool, primarily because each week will be different and we'll obviously not quite know what to expect. I'm sure it will be a lot like Brady's first year where some games went well, some weren't great, but it was a fun ride and obviously that one ended quite well. Obviously, not fair to put high expectations on Jones, but I'm definitely curious to watch each week to see how he handles things and I'm looking forward to seeing it play out.

I keep trying to talk myself down. He IS a rookie QB. R O O K I E. Let's see his regular season stuff.

But yeah Mac and the Patriots winning super bowls together 100 years Mac and the Pats foreverrrrr

I’m looking forward to Mac outplaying Tua. Interested to see the running game, new TE’s/WR’s, new front 7. I see Judon and Uche having big days.

Agree. Most excited that I've been in a long time. By mid-season, other NFL teams are going to be cursing the string of events that led to Mac landing with the Pats.

Super excited.

From Halloween on was hoping we'd get Mac in the 2nd or 3rd round last year, got worried when he destroyed all-time college passing records and had a flawless college playoffs upping his draft stock by a lot, and celebrated when he fell to #15.

This Patriot defense is really solid (aside from a small question mark for short yardage run defense). BB spent a ton of FA$ because we had the space after the dead-cap reset year, and also because TFB took a 7-9 team to a Superbowl trophy, further adding to the drama. The Pats-Bucs game might be a top3 ratings game for the entire season.

Last edited:
I am extremely hopeful for this season.

I feel we have an excellent rookie qb who has a chance to do great things.

I’m 58 years old, so I’m generally even keeled. But for some reason, I’m really psyched about the 2021 season. I’m really psyched about game 1, I just feel the Pats have a good team.

Last year, even with Cam and the opt outs, I still thought the Pats could make the playoffs. But I never thought Cam would play so poorly (as a passer). I never saw only EIGHT TD passes all year coming. It has to be 30+ years since we had a QB(s) that threw single digit TD passes all year. And FFS, Cam threw 3 TD passes in the final game of the year vs the hapless Jets. So FIVE TD passes in 14 games. I don’t care how poor the weapons were, a decent QB can make things work and have at least 15 TD passes. The offense was just so dismal last year.

This year, I really feel Mac Jones is a natural for this offense, he just fits like a glove. And then the quality players brought in during free agency and an excellent draft. The additions/returns of Hightower & Van Noy, Judon, the TEs & receivers. I just feel this is a well built team. I feel after some adjustments to the NFL, Jones will make this offense run really well. TEs are a rookie QB’s best friend. And we signed two excellent ones. Jones has good chemistry with some of the weapons already.

I think a lot of teams will underestimate the Pats this year, it’s going to be an exciting year, I’m psyched big time.
After last year, I'm much more excited for this year's Patriots. I'm confident they will do well & will enjoy watching them throughout the season & hopefully, into the post-season.

Meh...

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back