PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do we match up better against? Chiefs or Steelers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could easily end up having to face both if the seeding stays the same (obviously assuming that we'd get past the Chiefs in the divisional round).

If Oakland loses and KC wins, KC is #2, we're #1 and have to face the winner of Houston/Oakland. That would be pretty sweet. (EDIT: Or Miami if they beat Pittsburgh...)

Last edited:
'Chips Fall Where They May! Meet All Comers!
But I will say that I like my chances more vs anyone if path goes through Foxboro/Gillette.

Scratching my head how people are more scared to face Alex Smith over Roethlisberger. People keep saying Brady owns the Steelers, and while that is true over the years, history has a way of evening itself out. We have beaten the Steelers with Brady at home like 10 times in a row. A good team with an elite qb like Pit is due. That's the scary element.

Scratching my head how people are more scared to face Alex Smith over Roethlisberger. People keep saying Brady owns the Steelers, and while that is true over the years, history has a way of evening itself out. We have beaten the Steelers with Brady at home like 10 times in a row. A good team with an elite qb like Pit is due. That's the scary element.

Clearly rapistburger is a better qb than smith and clearly Pittsburgh has two mega talented offensive weapons in brown and bell.

But kc has a better defense, although the loss of Marshall has exposed them a bit.

I think Oakland loses this week and we play then winner of Houston/Oakland and then we play either Pittsburgh or kc at home.

My biggest issue is a win this week in Miami with no injuries.

I'd rather play Steelers. KC defense is capable of shutting a team down.

All I care we get out of Miami injury free. If we can do that, I don't give 2 ****s who we play and what round. We'll steamroll any of the other 5 contenders.

This is an intriguing question. Its truly a pick your poison type of choice. However, IMO the KC defense is overrated. They aren't as good as they looked on Sunday night and without their best linebacker, they can be run on.

I'd rather see the Patriots play KC over the Steelers, but the Patriots will probably have to play both.

I don't understand why games between different players wearing the uniform affect future games with different players. But you have added a new layer now with "being due"

A key Kansas City stat:

PPG allowed at home: 15.8
PPG allowed on the road: 22.6

Granted, that's a little flukey -- they haven't had such a huge differential in past seasons. But it's still a reminder of the huge Arrowhead factor (and another reason to want that #1 seed). I'm not convinced that KC has the kind of defense that can take over a game on the road, so I'd rather host them than Pittsburgh, since a QB like Ben makes things unpredictable.

KC just put up 33 against the league's best passing defense. I'd say that they would present the bigger challenge. Pittsburgh's strength is the run game, which plays into the strength of the NE defense. I also think that KC has a better defense than Pitt.

That being said, I think the Pats can beat either in Foxboro.

A key Kansas City stat:

Granted, that's a little flukey -- they haven't had such a huge differential in past seasons. But it's still a reminder of the huge Arrowhead factor (and another reason to want that #1 seed). I'm not convinced that KC has the kind of defense that can take over a game on the road, so I'd rather host them than Pittsburgh, since a QB like Ben makes things unpredictable.
Great factoid. Thanks! That's virtually a full TD difference.
Also, agree on Roethlisberger. He's playing well now. The other two QB's with the potential to turn lead into Gold are Rodgers and Eli. Either one can take a game their team "shouldn't" win and turn it into a Victory...as we know all too well in the case of Manning.

I don't understand why games between different players wearing the uniform affect future games with different players. But you have added a new layer now with "being due"
Lol cubs were due for 100 years

Great factoid. Thanks! That's virtually a full TD difference.
Also, agree on Roethlisberger. He's playing well now. The other two QB's with the potential to turn lead into Gold are Rodgers and Eli. Either one can take a game their team "shouldn't" win and turn it into a Victory...as we know all too well in the case of Manning.
ben had 2 picks last game..

A key Kansas City stat:

The biggest thing I'm worried about are the refs. They won't do anything until the super bowl when they'll start shafting us. Goodell didn't even congratulate Brady on 201 wins. that worries me.

who cares who we have to play? If we play the way they can no team presents much of an obstacle or threat beyond the obvious.........

I believe Brady can score on either team..so I worry more about Pitt's potent offense. Bell and Brown are special players. KC's Offense doesn't worry me much..take away Kelce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back