PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do the Pats select with the 23rd overall pick?

I don't even bother anymore. OJ told us there were only like 4 WRs in last year's draft that could run option routes haha. Can't take them seriously.

"Ross Blacklock. reminds me of Mean Joe Green".

if you haven’t checked out Blacklock, take a look. He’s impressive.

If stidham doesn’t show signs of being our franchise qb then we should be in decent position to possibly take one of the very talented guys next year.

I would love to see BB trade down from #23 and get a 1st round pick for 2021. Then we'll have 2 1sts in the middle of the pack that we can use to trade up and grab whatever QB is at the top of the draft next year.

if you haven’t checked out Blacklock, take a look. He’s impressive.
Been watching Blacklock before this forum knew his name. Even spoke to him a few times via DM. I have a 3rd on him. Wouldn't mind him with a late 2nd trade up.

Still favor a trade down, but if they're stuck at #23, here's my wish list...

1. Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
2. Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State
3. Cesar Ruiz, G/C, Michigan

Murray is certainly a little stiff in space but that was flaw in Kuechlywhen he came out is well. Murray still flies around the field

I would love to see BB trade down from #23 and get a 1st round pick for 2021. Then we'll have 2 1sts in the middle of the pack that we can use to trade up and grab whatever QB is at the top of the draft next year.

If necessary, of course.

I doubt he will be there but Javon Kinlaw just screams a BB pick to me. Lots of Richard Seymour comps with the size and athleticism. He was a huge part of building the dynasty and now with Brady gone, a defense like that could keep it going.

I doubt he will be there but Javon Kinlaw just screams a BB pick to me. Lots of Richard Seymour comps with the size and athleticism. He was a huge part of building the dynasty and now with Brady gone, a defense like that could keep it going.

If kinlaw makes it past Jacksonville and is available at 15, we have the extra picks to trade up.

Still favor a trade down, but if they're stuck at #23, here's my wish list...

1. Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
2. Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State
3. Cesar Ruiz, G/C, Michigan
I never like Penn State but Gross-Matos is growing on me. The little bit I have seen of him, he looks real good. I would love for them to take Ruiz especially if they are trying to trade Thuney.

I never like Penn State but Gross-Matos is growing on me. The little bit I have seen of him, he looks real good. I would love for them to take Ruiz especially if they are trying to trade Thuney.
Gross-Matos is kind of a Chandler Jones clone.

Same size. Both had long arms. Both tested very similarly at the combine.

I see the comparison. I think Jones was more flexible, more active and attacked with a plan. Looking back at his college tape it looks like Jones played at 270 and maybe weighs 255 now, is much quicker now than in college. He really made himself into a great player and will probably be in HOF eventually due to sack totals.

Yetur is more lumbering and less cunning.
If he has jones’ will to be great the sky’s the limit, that’s so hard to measure.

In college his best season was 48 catches for 688 yards and 12 tds. He never produced even decent college numbers.

He was a gross over reach in the 2nd round. He should have been a UDFA/Possible late round due to his measurables.
Knew he was a reach, but didn't realize how much...wow

I like Terrell Lewis as a Chandler Jones "clone"

I can’t see Andrews playing next year and based on that I feel like Ruiz would be an unsexy yet great pick. If they’re going to put a first year or journeyman QB out there they’re going to have to do something to keep them upright and with a fighting chance.

I don’t follow the nfl long enough but is YGM not more of a trey flowers clone coming out of college ?

Someone who makes the team better over the next five years rather than reaching to fill a need in 2020. We’re not going to be that close to winning.

As long as it's Not a QB.

my preference is not to pick a similar type to Stidham. For example, is Jordan Love really an upgrade on Stidham? But, I am intrigued by Jalen Hurts. Sufficiently different type to Stidham, soneone you’re forced to build an offense around and just think McDaniels might want another shot at a Tebow-type experiment.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back