PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Patriot from the past would you add to the roster right now?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which Patriot from the past would you add to the roster right now?

• 2007 Randy Moss

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • 2004 Corey Dillon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2017 Rob Gronkowski

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • 1984 Andre Tippet

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 1980 John Hannah

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • 2003 Ted Washington

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • 2003 Rodney Harrison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1998 Ty Law

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • 2016 Julian Edleman

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters
Receiver's are required to block this year. Randy (one trick pony) can only run deep. Give me defense, CB, NT, ILB
Randy could get in the way very well. He also cleared out defenders by either making them start 10 yards off him or taking them deep.

That said he caught tons of slants and quick outs which were usually wide open because teams HAD to respect his speed.

Whaaaat? Moss was a one-trick pony? Since when?
I've always considered him that way. Never liked him, Not a team player. Didn't block, sometimes got in the way. Considered him a candya$$. Refuse to consider him for Pats HOF. It's my opinion and I'm not letting go. Cringe whenever he is mentioned for the Pats HOF.

Moss and Gronk are tempting. But with the rookie Q I think the play is to double down on defense. I came to my decision based on the rest of the league. It's a passing league so give me Law and we can win games with 3 passes even in decent weather.

Jules over Moss because at this stage of his development Jones would mind meld better with Edelman. We're not a deep throwing team yet.
Law would be a 2nd choice making it really difficult for opposing QBs to throw to wideouts.

With the run game we've got going, it's hard to argue against The Hog. Add Hannah to an already decent OL and there'd be no stopping Harris-Rham.

Number 86 Stanley Morgan, from your list Hannah . Mr. durability and pure power.
I had Ty, JE11 and Gronk but Steamer would be my 4th choice.

Steamer would be a great fit with this offense as it exists.

Its such a toss up between Ty Law and Edelmen for me. Law would add another shut down corner on D, but Edelmen would just move the chains every drive

I’m amending my choice.

The obvious guy not listed - Brady.

Tim Goad. This team needs a tough nose tackle.

Are we assuming 2007 Randy Moss is the same guy with Mac as opposed to Tom? Then Randy. If not, then Hannah and then Washington.

For sentimental reasons/nostalgia, I’d take Andre Tippett; but, the obvious choice for me would be Randy Moss. Who wouldn’t want to add an all-time talent to our receiving corps?

not on the list, but Vince Wilfork, circa '11 or '12...

For sentimental reasons/nostalgia, I’d take Andre Tippett; but, the obvious choice for me would be Randy Moss. Who wouldn’t want to add an all-time talent to our receiving corps?

I love Tippett. But, and I am just spit-balling here, would BB lean towards Don Blackmon due to his high level of versatility? The man was underrated, and had almost 0 drop-off in coverage / run support / pass rushing skills.

I love Tippett. But, and I am just spit-balling here, would BB lean towards Don Blackmon due to his high level of versatility? The man was underrated, and had almost 0 drop-off in coverage / run support / pass rushing skills.
That’s a good point about Blackmon, it’d be interesting to see what BB would do indeed. I think he’d still go with Tippett because teaming him up with Judon on the opposite side would absolutely wreak havoc on every offense.

BTW…that era’s LB corps was pretty damn good across the board…Tippett, Blackmon, Steve Nelson, Garin Veris, Johnny Rembert etc…probably the strength of our team back in the mid 80s.

With today’s rules, Moss would be unplayable. He would command triple coverage every play. Our running game would benefit greatly.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back