PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Patriot from the past would you add to the roster right now?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which Patriot from the past would you add to the roster right now?

• 2007 Randy Moss

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • 2004 Corey Dillon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2017 Rob Gronkowski

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • 1984 Andre Tippet

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 1980 John Hannah

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • 2003 Ted Washington

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • 2003 Rodney Harrison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1998 Ty Law

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • 2016 Julian Edleman

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters
Ty Law or Randy Moss.

Mac showed in college he had plenty of arm, especially when his WRs were able to burn guys deep. Well, nobody does THAT better than Moss. That would be unreal.

But Ty Law...the Pats right now are very thin in the secondary. Imagine Law and Jackson on the corners? It would be nearly impossible to pass the ball against the Pats. Then they could concentrate on the run and leave both corners on islands.

Ted Washington would help a ton (no pun intended) as well. Then again, so would Tippett. But I'd say Law or Moss.

I went with Moss. Think with this running game such a passing threat wouldn’t be fair.

Why would anyone take Jules over guys who were pretty much GOATs at their position? We already have an elite PR guy. Plus JEs strength was that he shared a brain with TB. You lose that now.

Moss? Gronk? Gronk is a HOF blocker, that alone would be a huge asset, neverminded he may have been the hardest player to defend in the league. Moss as a decoy is more valuable. Hannah is the GOAT OL.

I would take 2007 Welker before JE on this team. Better fit for our needs. That year WW put up 112/1175 with 8 TDs and a 77% catch rate. Julies never had a catch rate over 70%.

Great player but no...

Given the list of options, and the current makeup of the team, the answer, IMO, has to be Washington because of his ability to eliminate the opponents' inside running game. Law's best attribute (his ability to be physical with receivers while maintaining contact and focus) would be limited by today's rules. Tippett would be a great choice to pair with Judon and terrorize opposing QBs, but I think Washington making the opponent one-dimensional would lead to a more consistent defensive impact.

Given the list of options, and the current makeup of the team, the answer, IMO, has to be Washington because of his ability to eliminate the opponents' inside running game. Law's best attribute (his ability to be physical with receivers while maintaining contact and focus) would be limited by today's rules. Tippett would be a great choice to pair with Judon and terrorize opposing QBs, but I think Washington making the opponent one-dimensional would lead to a more consistent defensive impact.
I thought he was a good choice too. I figured however since they had the league's #1 scoring D that they could probably upgrade the O where they are 8th in the league scoring overall and 16th scoring away.

this teams defense is good enough to win a title as is. the Pats can win 14-10, 23-17 in their sleep....but they haven't shown they can prevail in a 38-35 shootout. I would go with Moss or Edelman

That was really hard with the options delivered. First instinct was to take Miss, talked myself out of it. Part of Moss’s incredible year was Brady. Mac couldn’t deliver that. Then I wanted to go with Law. After a minute thinking of that, decided to pass. Not sure how well he’d play in todays league of no touch coverage. Came down to Washington and Edelman. The D has a definite need there, but the D is, in my opinion, better shape than the O. Edelman got my vote. His toughness, dependability, smarts. Ability to play Outside and inside. He’d be a big playmaker for Mac.

I thought he was a good choice too. I figured however since they had the league's #1 scoring D that they could probably upgrade the O where they are 8th in the league scoring overall and 16th scoring away.
I hear you, and that was my first notion, but here's my thinking on that, and why I went away from the offense.

First, I only went with guys on the list, otherwise the obvious answer is Brady.
Second, Hannah and Gronk are G.O.A.T.s, but they're at positions without need, as are Dillon and Harrison.
Third, I don't think Jones is at the point where he and Moss could maximize the pairing, and Edelman never was in the running (Welker would have been a tougher choice to pass on, for me).

So I chose the wall on defense.

Willie McGinest made "Peepoo Noam Sain" Marshall Faulk cry like a little biatch...yet he doesn't even get a mention? the MAN???

I want 2011 Gronk or 2019 Gilmore.

Edelman (who I chose) or Gronk for me. Need help with TDs in Red Zone and those two I believe would have a huge impact on that

Willie McGinest made "Peepoo Noam Sain" Marshall Faulk cry like a little biatch...yet he doesn't even get a mention? the MAN???

There were several great options beyond those already mentioned (Revis, Haynes, Bruschi, etc...) that didn't make the list. I just took that as a space issue.

Last edited:
They're FREE?

Dang, sure, I'd add all kinds of people who just played for the fun of it.

Dline. Washington, but I would prefer Wilfork or Seymour because they were more flexible than Washington. The secondary is OK, and with Big Sey plugging the run and rushing the QB opposite Judon, the defense would be incredible.

Y’know, the answer may change depending on who we’d be playing.

To play the Colts or healthy Titans, I’d want Ted Washington to shut down the run.
To play the Chiefs, I might want Moss to force them to back off the line.
To play the Bills, I’d want Gronk to fully own both edges in the run game and attack the middle in the pass game.
To play a really strong passing attack, maybe the Packers or Cards or Rams if they were playing right, I’d want Ty Law to have an answer for every receiver.

Certainly Washington was one of the most impactful free agent signings in BB’s tenure. After 02 missing the playoffs while having Priest Holmes, Ladanian Tomlinson and Ricky Williams embarrass this teams defense in consecutive weeks. Washington changed the run defense single handily the following year.

McGinnist not being signed cost this team 06 and 07. You can spin it anyway you like but he was the heart and soul of the defense and his words spoke volumes in the locker room. No way he let that team give up that lead vs Indy, even with the refs help. Clutch as they come.

On offense I’m sure it would be Moss or Edelman, just two of the greatest to put a Pats uniform on. However, Stanley Morgan intriques the f out of me. I really think in todays game he would of equated to Antonio Brown without the baggage.

He was before my time, but from what I've watched, I went with Hannah. Plugging him into LG would completely solidify the offense.

This year, I think Moss would be underutilized. Next year or the year after.... no brainer.

Of all the defensive players, I actually think prime Seymour would make this D one of the best of all time. His versatility at DT and DE would really complement the players that we have.

This year, I think Moss would be underutilized. Next year or the year after.... no brainer.
Completely agree. If I know macs elite and we get moss for 22, draft either lb or maybe ol, give jc dat $$$, and go to the superbowl.

what do y’all think bills choice would be? I’d guess tip. Maybe moss…

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back