PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which direction should we go in for QB next season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What direction should we go in for QB next season?

• Keep Cam

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Trade for Matt Stafford or Watson

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Pick a rookie in the draft

Votes: 70 84.3%

• Total voters
I see our next QB coming from this group
Jimmy G
Teddy Bridgewater
Marcus Mariota
Andy Dalton
Gardner Minshew
Jameis Winston
Mitchell Trubisky
Cam

Pick your poison. I've always been a Jimmy G and Teddy Bridgewater guy and I'm not ready to give up on them. I thought Teddy would fit our offense. I wanted the Pats to draft him when he came out. I've had positive thoughts on Andy Dalton during his Bengal years. Not too excited about any of the rest of them. Might even prefer to have the forgotten man, Stidham, than that group. Because I still have no idea what his capabilities are.

Jimmy G
Teddy Bridgewater
Marcus Mariota
Andy Dalton
Gardner Minshew
Jameis Winston
Mitchell Trubisky
Cam

Pick your poison. I've always been a Jimmy G and Teddy Bridgewater guy and I'm not ready to give up on them. I thought Teddy would fit our offense. I wanted the Pats to draft him when he came out. I've had positive thoughts on Andy Dalton during his Bengal years. Not too excited about any of the rest of them. Might even prefer to have the forgotten man, Stidham, than that group. Because I still have no idea what his capabilities are.
I think that list looks right, but I hope whoever it is is a bridge while we draft and get a rookie ready.

Jimmy G
Teddy Bridgewater
Marcus Mariota
Andy Dalton
Gardner Minshew
Jameis Winston
Mitchell Trubisky
Cam

That's probably the right list for the bridge. Maybe Fitz too. I still see the Pats selecting a high upside prospect from the draft.

I'm going to re-up on my wish list

1.) Gardnew Minshew: Young guy, cheap contract, decent stats on a bad team. Would be a good fit here based on the teams needs, allows us to put weapons around him instead of spending big bucks on an older vet

2.) Trade pick #15 to miami for Tua in a three team trade to move Watson from the texans for a **** ton of 1's: Players in Miami apparently are not super thrilled with Tua, Watson likes miami, Tua would be the odd man out unless miami some how convinces them to take him in place of a top half of the first round pick this year. Would give josh a young player to mold, but has a hazy outlook based on performances in miami

3.)Jimmy G. The prophesized one, meant to rise up and take over for the old guard, only to be banished before his time. Also hes chronically injured and expensive

4.)Fitzmagic+ qb at #15. Fitz needs to play on every team in the league to set some sort of record.

It goes
For me
Watson A Plus
Jimmy G, Mariota, Wentz B Plus
Anything else I guess just my draft binkie Kyle Allen Or Mitch with the biggest Chip Trubisky

If we are not going to the draft.

I’m real excited to see what we do.
Belichick could shock the world and trade the world for Watson
Or we could pry get Mariota, Jimmy G, Or Wentz for a second.
Something tells me Bill doesn’t have the Patience for a Rookie QB.
So I say they go and get a veteran.

The 9ers will be laughing all the way to the draft if they somehow managed to get their 2nd round pick back for patient Jimmy, yikes.

I know, but trading cuts everybody else out of the picture because youre dealing with Jimmy exclusively.

Jimmy G
Teddy Bridgewater
Marcus Mariota
Andy Dalton
Gardner Minshew
Jameis Winston
Mitchell Trubisky
Cam

I'd include J. Winston as a possibility. I know he's been a knucklehead and a turnover (INT) machine in the past. On the other hand he can pas for very good yardage and I would hope he's learned a lot from Drew Brees & Sean Payton this past year. Should be at least considered.

Something tells me Bill doesn’t have the Patience for a Rookie QB.
Yeah, but as we saw with Andy Reid, that’s the best way to get back to the big game. Something tells me Bill knows that he’s going to have to pull that trigger sooner or later, so it’s better to do it sooner.

is it better to do it sooner, or is the 2022 QB class deeper?

Jimmy G
Teddy Bridgewater
Marcus Mariota
Andy Dalton
Gardner Minshew
Jameis Winston
Mitchell Trubisky
Cam

If this is the case, then this team isn’t serious about contending and is just punting until they are forced to draft someone

is it better to do it sooner, or is the 2022 QB class deeper?
It depends. If they have someone they like at 15, they should do it. If the person at 15 is someone they don’t think can do it, wait until next year or move up to grab the person this year you think can do it that you can get.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back