PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which direction should we go in for QB next season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What direction should we go in for QB next season?

• Keep Cam

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Trade for Matt Stafford or Watson

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Pick a rookie in the draft

Votes: 70 84.3%

• Total voters
You think fcs lance is a better qb than love when he was coming out?

have you seen lance play?
I think they are both very good
Love has a stronger arm and better pocket awareness but I’ll give Lance the edge in athleticism.
I would right the wrong and happily offer 15 for Love but they didn’t draft him to unload him a year later.

People on this board want Heinicke. He did not even make the final 53 when he was here with the Pats, Stidham made the final 53 twice. But BB and his staff have no idea what they are doing and Heinicke is the answer? Come on man.
Heinicke was a mid-season PS signing who was cut after about a month.

I’m sure Pick Six Stidham will get an opportunity to play football. The CFL or the next XFL will always be looking for QBs so plenty of opportunities for him there. Anywhere but my team is fine by me.
Did Stidham run over your dog or something?

Heinicke was a mid-season PS signing who was cut after about a month.
Yes. Hence he sucks. And people on this board want the Pats to sign Heinicke. Go figure. Others say Stidham sucks when he has never been cut. Go figure.

Did Stidham run over your dog or something?
Lol. I like good QBs on my team much better than awful QBs especially ones that people insist must be good - for no reason other than just because.

Tom Brady will never happen again folks. Ever. Stop expecting it, it ain’t gonna happen. Period. 4th round QBs are what they are. If Pick Six Stidham was good or even had a chance to be good he would have been picked a lot sooner and certainly would have been starting by now over a guy who can’t throw and a journeyman backup.

Last edited:
I have Mac Jones above Trey Lance so if we somehow managed to get Jones at #15 that would be ideal.

I have Mac Jones above Trey Lance so if we somehow managed to get Jones at #15 that would be ideal.
15 is too high for jones, if Bill didn’t see anyone that fits at 15, he could trade down into the 20s to take him. I think the saints also have their eyes on him and they pick in the 20s

Unless the Pats can get Desean Watson without giving up the farm (which won't happen), the Pats need to draft and develop a QB. Not sure they can get a QB who can be developed into a top QB at 15, but who knows. We just spent 20 years rooting for the GOAT who was drafted at 199.

15 is too high for jones, if Bill didn’t see anyone that fits at 15, he could trade down into the 20s to take him. I think the saints also have their eyes on him and they pick in the 20s
That would be risky then if we think Jones is our guy, I’d rather go Fields or Lance personally if we are addressing QB in the draft.

That would be risky then if we think Jones is our guy, I’d rather go Fields or Lance personally if we are addressing QB in the draft.
The move up for Wilson would be worth it but we Would have to move up to 2 to grab him.
Get your popcorn ready.

Unless the Pats can get Desean Watson without giving up the farm (which won't happen), the Pats need to draft and develop a QB. Not sure they can get a QB who can be developed into a top QB at 15, but who knows. We just spent 20 years rooting for the GOAT who was drafted at 199.

There is the problem. We shouldn't overdraft someone like Mac Jones because its a "need"

its why winning the jets game was so frustrating. at 10 or 12 im much more confident. instead we are in no-mans land. Doesnt mean you cant get someone decent though. Dak prescott was a 2nd rounder, laamar jackson a late 1st rounder, Jimmy G a 2nd rounder.

More & more reports Tua’s days in Miami might be numbered. He was as sure a thing as there was, pre injury. Cautionary tale that for every great draft pick, there a many that fail, regardless of highly touted they are...

Personally I am starting to entertain the thought of trading Gilmore to a contender for a late 1st and then using it on Mac Jones, after using #15 on Pitts or Waddle. They can use their cash to sign a high-end WR (Robinson maybe?) and a bridge-type QB... Brissett maybe. And probably still have a sizeable amount of money left after that.

More & more reports Tua’s days in Miami might be numbered. He was as sure a thing as there was, pre injury. Cautionary tale that for every great draft pick, there a many that fail, regardless of highly touted they are...
Premature to call him a bust I think. Allen was not very good in his first year in Buffalo.

Herbert doing well in LA doesn't help Tua with that narrative.

Last edited:
There is the problem. We shouldn't overdraft someone like Mac Jones because its a "need"

its why winning the jets game was so frustrating. at 10 or 12 im much more confident. instead we are in no-mans land. Doesnt mean you cant get someone decent though. Dak prescott was a 2nd rounder, laamar jackson a late 1st rounder, Jimmy G a 2nd rounder.
Can you overdraft a QB? Either they have the tools to be great or they don’t. If they do and you think they’ll be great, take them as early as you can, no matter what draftniks say. If they don’t, don’t draft them at all.

BB has said that if they knew how good Brady was going to be, he would have taken Brady in the first round.

Premature to call him a bust I think. Allen was not very good in his first year in Buffalo.

Herbert doing well in LA doesn't help Tua with that narrative.
But IF he moves on from Miami - it’s trending downwards.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back