Votes: 2 1.8%
  • New England :)

Votes: 87 79.8%
  • He Retires (Ian Added This)

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be trying to be the first QB to win three Super Bowls in a row.

Then he will hang it up like Thanos

He either retires or plays for the Pats.
I'm never 100% certain of anything, but I'm 99% sure of that.

Clearly he is going to the Jets.

New England.

If I had to pick a different team, it would be Tennessee. Brady still loves Vrabel, the Titans love ex Patriots and they need a QB. Plus they're a really good team if they had a top QB.

It’s funny how a guy like Schefter can troll an entire fan base.
Basically the new news was Guerrero was selling his house. OH NO Guerrero is leaving New England there is the smoking gun.
But Guerrero is moving to Plymouth

He will retire. He isn't joining another team at age 43.

I don’t really get where the retirement talk is coming from. He’s said repeatedly he wants to play u til he’s 45 and he’s given no indication that he’s losing his passion for the game. Wasn’t he recently asked what he would do if he wasn’t playing football, and said well I can’t imagine not playing football?

I also think there’s a lot of excessive reading into things. Schefter sold his reporter soul to go all showman with his total speculation last week. And Brady saying he doesn’t know what the future holds — um, yeah, because his contract is in a final year and negotiations are a two way street and it would be presumptuous to assume anything. I feel like we’ve been through the whole soap opera thing too many times to buy into it now. Maybe I’m wrong but really, I’m just going to enjoy another great Patriots season and keep tuning out all the henhouse crap.

I don’t really get where the retirement talk is coming from. He’s said repeatedly he wants to play u til he’s 45 and he’s given no indication that he’s losing his passion for the game. Wasn’t he recently asked what he would do if he wasn’t playing football, and said well I can’t imagine not playing football?

I also think there’s a lot of excessive reading into things. Schefter sold his reporter soul to go all showman with his total speculation last week. And Brady saying he doesn’t know what the future holds — um, yeah, because his contract is in a final year and negotiations are a two way street and it would be presumptuous to assume anything. I feel like we’ve been through the whole soap opera thing too many times to buy into it now. Maybe I’m wrong but really, I’m just going to enjoy another great Patriots season and keep tuning out all the henhouse crap.

he said the end is near.

Schefter’s sleuthing and everyone jumping on might not be baseless speculation, I can see how people could take some of the data points and spin a variety of alternative future theories out of it that make sense. So it might not be baseless, but it is kind of pointless because I think how this season ends as well as how Tom performs to that end (to his own mind as well as in the eyes of BB) is the biggest unknown, and it just has to play itself out (i.e. “no one knows what the future holds”).

I thought, and many others did as well, when the Tom vs. Time thing was airing (almost 2 years ago now) that this sounded a lot more like a man strongly moving towards retirement, maybe quicker than he had previously imagined. But...the team was still good, they had just traded his successor, they lost that Super Bowl, Gronk came back after trade rumors, etc. I don’t know that Tom Brady is the type of player who wants a “last rodeo” type circus following him around on his last season. Certainly his coach wouldn’t want that either. Put that with the contract re-working this summer being done differently that it has been the 10 other times they’ve done it, the house sales, the change in his offseason workload...to me all of it looks a lot more like them setting up for either this season or, at most, next season being when he retires. He’s said 45 all along which is a really good defense against “why would I be retiring at 42?” He doesn’t want to answer those questions every time a mic is in front of him his last season. Blink and you’ll miss it, he’ll be gone.

...some of the options were weird, and neither (1) retired, nor (2) RLKAG were available.

Yeah, WTH is up with that? This isn't chefsplanet. RLKAG(P2) should prefill as a selection whenever a poll is created. The OP should know better and @Ian needs to get with the program. :D

he said the end is near.
45 is near also. He’s been saying the end is coming while saying he wants to play til 45 for years.

Brady is going to retire when the grind becomes too much or he struggles to play at the level he wants to. Until then he will be a patriot. He isn’t going to play for another team.

This is fun! Maybe next poll we choose how many times our spouses cheat on us or when we hope our dog dies.

One thing that seems clear to me, after following Brady closely for 20 years, is he is not enjoying himself much this season. I think the WR carousel has frustrated him capped by the AB abortion. Another thing I've noticed is he appears to be moving slower when outside the pocket despite the preseason boast about his improved 40 time. Something different definitely is going on with Tom but no telling what it will lead to.

I say retired. I think he wants to spend more time with family.

I highly doubt he retires this year. Now, if we win the super bowl this year, it might happen because that’s what he said to his wife whom will probably hold him to it

One thing that seems clear to me, after following Brady closely for 20 years, is he is not enjoying himself much this season. I think the WR carousel has frustrated him capped by the AB abortion. Another thing I've noticed is he appears to be moving slower when outside the pocket despite the preseason boast about his improved 40 time. Something different definitely is going on with Tom but no telling what it will lead to.
Interesting. I don’t see any of that. What specifically has he done that leads you to believe he isn’t having fun?

I highly doubt he retires this year. Now, if we win the super bowl this year, it might happen because that’s what he said to his wife whom will probably hold him to it
He promised his wife he would retire if he won another SB?

He promised his wife he would retire if he won another SB?

A couple years ago he told her he wanted two more. He now has one more. This year would be the clincher. I don’t know if he promised but he did say it

Interesting. I don’t see any of that. What specifically has he done that leads you to believe he isn’t having fun?
You're not following him that closely then. His pressers overall and weekly interviews with Jim Gray have been uncharacteristically ambiguous, sometimes even downbeat. Nowhere near the gung-ho optimism of recent years, especially regarding his supporting cast on offense. Tom Curran and others have made the same observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back