PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where Should The 2016 Banner Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe these guys could rent us some space...

jets1839.JPG

:D
Nope, don't need their cooties all over my (our) championship banners! :mad:

Lead story on Pro Football Talk this AM, kind of an embarrassment of riches..

Next story there is not enough room for all of the memorabilia from Superbowl LI in the Pats Hall of Fame..

Consider 4 NFL teams have never even been in a Superbowl, and 9 teams have never won one.. then of course there is the woeful Buffalo who appeared 4 times as the maid of honor..

This calls for a new $3 billion dollar stadium.

You're not wrong. Stadiums have a life of about 20 years and Gillette is coming up on that soon. Plus they need to build a FOOTBALL stadium not an all-purpose one like they have now.

Lead story on Pro Football Talk this AM, kind of an embarrassment of riches..

Next story there is not enough room for all of the memorabilia from Superbowl LI in the Pats Hall of Fame..

Consider 4 NFL teams have never even been in a Superbowl, and 9 teams have never won one.. then of course there is the woeful Buffalo who appeared 4 times as the maid of honor..

It's not only the lead story but its in huge print as if the Germans had just bombed Pearl Harbor.

Surprisingly after 3 hours its only generated 45 responses and most of the comments aren't as bad as I expected.

Considering other Postings such as Monday one-liners were posted 2 hours later it will be interesting to see how long the bold headline lasts

Last edited:
I don't blame the team. Their job is to to win games. I blame the people who built (and approved) the stadium and their lack of faith in the team's future accomplishments.

:D

I think it be fun instead of hanging them to display them inside the stadium walls. As you walk to your seats you might run across the 2003 banner framed in a glass display. If you go to get some food you might find the 2017 banner. Then you can go "find" the others if you want.

Maybe Kraft needs to lease some space in other teams' stadiums to hang these extra banners. The Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills and Detroit Lions have nothing up there and could probably use the extra money.

Plenty of room up Rodgers' ass, no doubt.

Last edited:
I think it be fun instead of hanging them to display them inside the stadium walls. As you walk to your seats you might run across the 2003 banner framed in a glass display. If you go to get some food you might find the 2017 banner. Then you can go "find" the others if you want.

Visiting team's tunnel.

You can see them prior to warmups and/or after the game.

I don't care as long as next year's is red with our real logo on it

Red should not the primary color of the Patriots, ever. It was the primary color of the original enemies of the Patriots, namely the Redcoats.

It looks spiffy, I grant you, but historically makes no sense whatsoever.

As to the logo, I like both. Elvis has grown on me and while Pat Patriot is quaint, it is also pretty cartoonish and non modern-looking.

But I am nowhere nearly as worked-up about this issue, one way or another, as you apparently are!

I volunteer to run around the stadium wearing it like a cape. (Only when Brady doesnt want to wear it of course)

This calls for a new $3 billion dollar stadium.

I don't think we will ever have a big fancy vegas/LA type stadium maybe an outdoors one somewhat but I don't ever see us being a dome team

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes