PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's wrong with the Chiefs?

Their defense sucks…..
And offense.

Who else was disgusted when Mahomes put the ball in his left hand and threw it out of bounds from a defender chasing him to avoid a sack?

Last edited:
Play better defense.

Stop turning the ball over.

Great googly-moogly!

KC caught lightning in a bottle. They had a QB who played with a style the league had never seen. They had a player (Hill) play at a consistent speed that league has seen maybe once before and no one was prepared for. They had an all pro TE and a bunch of cheap talent. Frankly it's amazing they didn't win in 2018. It's a testament to Brady/BB and the way that team played that game in the AFCCG. Also they got kinda lucky that Hunt wasn't in that game, he pretty much made them unstoppable. Ever since then the NFL has slowly but surely been catching up to them and learning how to play them. that's all there is too it.

Also KC made some bad front office choices, they tried to keep the team together and overpaid guys for the now at the expense of the future. And I don't mean next year. I mean they screwed themselves a little in the 2019 and particularly the 2020 season. They are feeling it much worse this year. I don't mind KC going all in on Mahomes rookie contract, but they went too far in for the first half and left him out to dry on the 2nd. They became top heavy. Their team now basically consist of Mahomes, Hill, Kelce carrying everyone else behind what they hoped would be a great OL. Sadly for them it is not as good as they hoped.

Last edited:
I wanted to explode after reading this article this offseason because basically everything King wrote is total ******** and the opposite of what I was pointing out in the Bucs thread. A typical puff piece, fist pumping about how the Chiefs avoided the big QB contract/low draft position issue and would be able to restock the roster. Of course, with all his fluffing Brett Veach and “unselfish” Mahomes, I guess he didn’t think it would be better to wait to see how how things turn out when they actually have to deal with these things in reality rather than the biased optimism from the Chiefs org itself.

They’re in big trouble long-term.
  • They don’t have any major injuries this year. Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, Thuney, Jones, and Mathieu are all healthy. In some ways, they’re playing in close to a best case scenario with all their megastars healthy.
  • Two years in a row, they’ve converted Mahomes salary into signing bonus to free up cap space. $18M this year. While they’ve structured the deal to keep kicking it down the road, they’re going to at some point have a massive debt, where Mahomes has for all intents and purposes 4-5 years and $200M+ that‘s all guaranteed, much of it deferred payments from these current moves.
  • They’re already at $180M against the cap in 2022, and that’s with Mathieu as a FA. In addition, O. Brown, the LT they just swapped a first round pick for, is also a FA and will likely get a lot on his first FA deal.
  • They can cut Clark but would take a 13.5M dead cap hit. They can restructure Mahomes again, but at best they could free up like 15-20M, barely enough for Mathieu and Brown, which gets them back to where they are now while still deferring the Mahomes hits.
  • Sure, the cap will go up, but it’s always a zero sum game. Every team gets the extra space too. Contracts and prices go up. This is the worst argument for thinking a team is in good position.

I don't ask questions at this point, I just enjoy.

Also they got kinda lucky that Hunt wasn't in that game, he pretty much made them unstoppable.
I recently watched his alleged “attack on a pregnant women” video and it’s quite ridiculous he got released over that. The woman got in his face yelling at him and he just pushed her off him. Then he gives her a light tap with his foot when she was on the ground and the media says “kicked”.

However, the Chiefs said absolutely fecking not to releasing Hill after his threatening conversation with the mother of his child.

Reid is a terrible coach and should be fired. Mahomes sucks and he should be released immediately. I doubt they will ever win a game again, blow up the organization right bow

Reid is a terrible coach and should be fired. Mahomes sucks and he should be released immediately. I doubt they will ever win a game again, blow up the organization right bow
Never thought much about the Chiefs ...never thought Magomes and his underhand throws a sidearm laterals would remain effective after the league got tape on him. Never had much respect for Reid and his parental skills but really, why should I care about any of this crap...I'm a Pats fan. 60 years following MY team...Fck these other media pimpfest concoctions.

Where were you last week during the 2-4 record Patriots week of preparation ???.

I appreciate the snark, though I think you’ll find quite a few posters critical of the Patriots recent moves have been 10x more critical of the Chiefs. You could easily find much of my appreciation for Bill simply by looking at what the Chiefs have done to build around an all pro QB and noting Bill has done the opposite. The Chiefs are like a drunk version of the 2010s Seahawks and their tab is coming due.

Reid held McNabb back you heard it hear first.
You can make a strong case for that. They lost all those title games because they were limited at WR. He gets TO and they go on a tear. TO didn’t play in the title game, but the Eagles were fortunate to get an inferior opponent at home.

There is nothing wrong with the chiefs. Staying on top is basically impossible. They had an excellent three year run - like most dominant teams - that resulted in one SB.

Understanding “what’s wrong with KC” (which is ‘nothing’) is step one towards appreciating the ridiculous success of NE since 2001.
This^. Which also demonstrates how BB was able to drive prolonged success. Thank god he wasn’t Mr. Popularity

I think a lot of it has to do with Mahomes play style. It's like no mater how much a play breaks down he thinks he can salvage it. Farve used to play that way to. Both of them play every freaking down like it's the last play of the 4th Qt with a couple ticks on the clock down by 7. Yes there Defence sucks, and yes they lack a good 2 and 3 receiver, But Mahomes would be so much better if he just realised some times you gotta take a sack.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back