PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's wrong with the Chiefs?

They lost sunday against an awesome BUF team

Credit to the Bills

They looks real good

Panic button in Kc ? Not yet but we could be near...

They are at the moment an average team

Many Afc teams are imho actually better :
Buffalo
Baltimore
Bolts
Browns

I think KC should start grooming a new super TE - great WR's are more common and Mahomes is of the caliber where he can make good WR's look great. But, as we even saw with Brady, you can't really QB a TE to play their position better as much as you can a WR. Kelce is getting older and looks a bit slow to get up deep into the seasons now (which is totally understandable, the guy has unreal production, regardless of the whole 'glorified WR' label).

Of course, this doesn't fix everything. But I do think great TE play opens everything up for a QB/offense. On defense, they need to tap some of that earlier Andy Reid/Alex Smith defensive philosophy. Before Mahomes, KC made it deep on their defense. Reid has shown he can build a competent team based on the pieces provided, I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Also, re-do that damn contract. Maybe Mahomes will adopt a Brady mindset once he gets sick of losing (assuming this keeps up, which hell - it's 5 games into the season, so who knows.)

They lost sunday against an awesome BUF team

Credit to the Bills

They looks real good

Panic button in Kc ? Not yet but we could be near...

They are at the moment an average team

Many Afc teams are imho actually better :
Buffalo
Baltimore
Bolts
Browns

So the key is... Have your city or team name start with a B.

Good article on the problems in KC. This portion from the article is mind boggling:

"Their biggest weakness is evident right now, with the defense off to a horrific start. It’s more than just bad. Frankly, it’s historic. Through five weeks, the defense is surrendering 7.1 yards per play, which is the highest-ever number allowed by an NFL team, according to Pro Football Reference.

But wait, it gets better. The best offense of the past 20 years is undoubtedly the 2007 New England Patriots, who averaged 3.3 points per drive — the exact same amount of points per drive the Chiefs’ defense is allowing through five weeks. Simply put, this years’ defense is turning opposing offenses into the greatest offense our generation has ever seen every week."

LMAO

Good article on the problems in KC. This portion from the article is mind boggling:

"Their biggest weakness is evident right now, with the defense off to a horrific start. It’s more than just bad. Frankly, it’s historic. Through five weeks, the defense is surrendering 7.1 yards per play, which is the highest-ever number allowed by an NFL team, according to Pro Football Reference.

But wait, it gets better. The best offense of the past 20 years is undoubtedly the 2007 New England Patriots, who averaged 3.3 points per drive — the exact same amount of points per drive the Chiefs’ defense is allowing through five weeks. Simply put, this years’ defense is turning opposing offenses into the greatest offense our generation has ever seen every week."

LMAO

This is worse than the 2011 pats defense.

KC’s problems are only going to get worse when Hill and Kelce slow down.

Look at all the teams that had their runs ended dating back to the 90’s-2000’s such as the Cowboys, 49ers, Packers, and Rams.

They all eventually had consecutive poor drafts and couldn’t replace aging talent.

Gotta watch me some more KC games. Love seeing Mahomes lose.
Enjoyed every minute of the last SB.

KC’s problems are only going to get worse when Hill and Kelce slow down.

Look at all the teams that had their runs ended dating back to the 90’s-2000’s such as the Cowboys, 49ers, Packers, and Rams.

They all eventually had consecutive poor drafts and couldn’t replace aging talent.
They've had some solid draft picks the last few years except for the couple skill guys they took pretty high. Both Hardman and CEH seem to be somewhat underwhelming so far. I know Hardman was Hill insurance for when KC actually thought the league might suspend a guy for breaking his kid's arm but with Hardman's limited role he has done pretty much nothing. CEH has been okay but not really the electric playmaker he was made out to be coming into his rookie year.

Bump.

Are the Chiefs done?

Reactions: sb1
Bump.

Are the Chiefs done?
Depends what you mean by ‘done’. 2021 season ? The window of the current group ?

I think they did well to regroup last year. Staying on top is difficult. And they’ve been up there in serious contention for 3-4 years.

A good QB can really keep you relevant. But even Mahomes looks iffy this year after seeming invincible for a few preceding…

Depends what you mean by ‘done’. 2021 season ? The window of the current group ?

I think they did well to regroup last year. Staying on top is difficult. And they’ve been up there in serious contention for 3-4 years.

A good QB can really keep you relevant. But even Mahomes looks iffy this year after seeming invincible for a few preceding…
That's the key - Mahomes looks lost. I've never seen an elite Qb look like this.

The Chiefs aren't done, but they have a lot of things to fix to become a contender. Right now, you can make the argument that the Pats are a stronger 3-4 team right now after crushing the Jets and taking the Cowboys into overtime.

Mahomes stinks right now he's committing turnovers similar to how Jameis was

Is the Super Bowl loser curse real ? They really look like a different team from last year.

That being said, a lot of things can change fast in the NFL. But they really can’t afford to lose 2 more games this year, meaning they have to go 9-1 the last 10. Can they do it ? They certainly have the talent. But it really doesn’t look good for them. May take them several seasons to fix that defense, and the offense looks lost right now. Pretty shocking really. I always say, you just have to make the playoffs and anything can happen. But man that defense, oof.

Can’t wait to see Nick Wright tomorrow, gonna be incredibly enjoyable.

KC has the same record as us. Their defense is letting up an average of 32 points a game. Mahomes has looked off a lot this season.

What's the problem in KC?

Did Brady/Bucs break them? Are defenses figuring them out now the 4 man front and 2 deep safeties?

What can they do to get back on track?
Apparently, they took the tourch when Brady passed it to them and passed it back.

I just want to know how their DB’s have gotten away with so much holding since 2018? Remember Gronk dragging Eric Berry all over the field like a kid hanging on a parents’ leg?

Mahomes stinks right now he's committing turnovers similar to how Jameis was
He’s got 18 TDs and 9 INTS. I don’t think that’s similar. I think Jameis led the league in INTs his last year in Tampa, yet led the league in yards passed and was top 5 TD passes, but still threw more INTs than TD passes that year I believe. The 9 INTs is shocking for Mahomes, but still a 2-1 TD to INT ratio.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back