• NO because reality hit us

Votes: 22 29.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

condon84

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
The Indy loss was a heartbreaker because of the manner it went down. Up by 17 points in the fourth quarter and we blow it by being passive aggressive.

Or against NO, where we get completely embarrassed.
Tom played awful.
Wilhite sealed his status as the new Hobbs, and our second half adjustments again were non-existent. How can you leave Wilhite out there alone against a Saints WR?

Whenever we need a conversion, it's a quickout, everyone knows it. Lack of creative playcalling. The Saints playcalling compared to our is ridiculous. THey were playing chess, we were playing checkers.

Their DBs just came off the street and Brady couldn't find anyone past 6 yards?

I'd rather get the crap kicked out of us than lose a close one. The Indy game we lost ourselves so that was way worse. The Saints are the superior team on offense and defense and deserve to win.

Indy was an embarrasing 4th quarter

NO was an embaraasing game

Indy, by far.

New Orleans is just way better than us.

Indy loss by far.
I was expecting a loss tonight, just not a blowout.
Congratulations to New Orleans, they played up to expectations and New England, well, they played.

-Jamman

Last edited:
As crappy as I feel now about the loss, its still one regular season loss and Pats are more than likely to win our division. As painful as this is, I just hope we get players healthy by playoffs and our young secondary matured. Pats looked bad I agreed but let's not go overboard. Playoff is whole different animal than regular season game, ie one and done Colts. I'm hurting too brother but let's hang in there.

Indy. I believed we were a better side than them. The Saints are simply better than we are.

Neither. If we lose to the Fins next week that will be far worse.

I feel NE matches up well with INDY, so they are gonna break even if they play 10 times. NO was just demoralizing because of how New England rolled over and died. After the Mckenzie INT the game was over. Let the Jets and Giants get slaughtered by the Saints. New England is suppose to be head and shoulders above that. A loss like that is very disturbing with Tom Brady under center the entire game. Anyone who picks INDY is just kidding themselves.

Indy , because of what was at stake and how we were in control of the game.. and also that game could be game we look back on and say that has changed the fortune of this franchise..

Indy loss by an absolute mile. Tonight's an embarrassment sure but we've been well beaten by a better team, perhaps the class of the league. The Colts game we had won, and who knows how much confidence the team takes from that if we win it?

As crappy as I feel now about the loss, its still one regular season loss and Pats are more than likely to win our division. As painful as this is, I just hope we get players healthy by playoffs and our young secondary matured. Pats looked bad I agreed but let's not go overboard. Playoff is whole different animal than regular season game, ie one and done Colts. I'm hurting too brother but let's hang in there.

I'd feel better if we show signs of correcting our bad habits. Our second half again were awful. There really isn't any creativity in our offense. It's the same thing: Shotgun formation, draw to Faulk, run quickouts, try to hit Welker in the middle. They took Welker away tonight by bracketing him and keeping a guy inside of him. What was our answer? Moss always had a safety on top so that's four guys on two players and yet our OC couldn't manufacture any plays were we could take advantage of their defense.

As for our defense, we have idiots on these boards who look at nothing but stats and claim "hey, we got the third ranked defense!" BS, but when you watch our non-existent pass rush, you know it we're gonna get lit up by the Manning's, Brees, and probably Rivers.

We need a legit pass rusher, a legit OC, and for Bill to commit to the running game again.

I say Indy was worse because I thought the Pats were the better team that day and should have won. NO just punched the Pats in the mouth and totally outplayed them.

This loss is by far the more painful to me - after Indy, I figured we were as good as the best AFC team, but just made a few mental errors at the end.

After this game, it's clear we're not really competitive with the Saints (at least right now). That hurts.

I'd rather get the crap kicked out of us than lose a close one. The Indy game we lost ourselves so that was way worse. The Saints are the superior team on offense and defense and deserve to win.
...sadly, but surely... :ditto:

If we beat Indy we'd still have the inside track to the #2 seed.

Both losses were very bad but the Indy loss is way more costly

the Indy loss got a close one, but at least you come out of it thinking that it could go down differently if they played again. The Saints are just better than us, by a huge margin. Way, way worse.

This one is more disturbing mainly because of the way they played. Poor on both sides virtually from start to finish. I don't care what anyone says, the Colts are better than NO on both sides of the ball. At least after Indy you could say we went toe to toe with the best team in football and came up short, or let it get away. Whatever. With this one not so much. They look tired, beat up and shaken more than they did in Indy.

Last edited:
NO. Indy really pissed me off but tonight i have never seen the entire team just die like that. My god it was a complete mess.

The Indy loss was worse because they are our arch-rivals and it negatively affected our playoff seed, but the Saints loss was far more embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes