PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's Slater really saying?

The funny thing is, I have that poster on ignore so I can't/won't read what he's posting. But he's easily the most responded to poster in this entire thread, even just using Ivan's responses.
Venecol is fine with me. He likes drama, though thus he thinks everyone likes drama and we all have blinders on all-things NEP which for a good chunk of us is not true.

I'm missing the point because the one poster being answered is on my ignore list and I don't see what he posts. Whatever it is it has apparently gotten us back to the beginning of the Brady/Belichick War.

As for the TB/Gronk thread, that was started by someone else and was moved after multiple complaints, and I've seen as much sh!t-stirring over there as I do here. In total, counting both sides of the issue, is only about a half dozen posters.

As for the claim of switching allegiance, I feel perfectly fine about rooting for past players, especially the greatest QB who ever played the game and led this team to the only 6 SB wins they have. And if I do that it doesn't mean I'm not a worthy Pats fans anymore. It means that I appreciate all of what they provided. That list is a mile long and goes back many years.

I agree with you that continuing to root for Brady is fine. But much of what we're seeing in that forum is "above-and-beyond" full-blown Buccaneers support from people who foremost are Brady fans and Patriots fans a far-distant second, if at all since he left. They believe Brady was the sole reason for 20 years of Patriots success, hate BB/Kraft for "letting him go" and spitefully want the Patriots/Mac to languish to prove their point. Seeing the Pats have some success in the post-Brady era pisses them off enough to swoop into threads like this one to sternly remind all alleged "blind homers" that criticizing the team/players/coach/ownership for whatever is, uh, "important." As I noted, several of them including their ringleader have proclaimed they're done with the NFL when Brady retires -- that pretty much says it all.

I agree with you that continuing to root for Brady is fine. But much of what we're seeing in that forum is "above-and-beyond" full-blown Buccaneers support from people who foremost are Brady fans and Patriots fans a far-distant second, if at all since he left. They believe Brady was the sole reason for 20 years of Patriots success, hate BB/Kraft for "letting him go" and spitefully want the Patriots/Mac to languish to prove their point. Seeing the Pats have some success in the post-Brady era pisses them off enough to swoop into threads like this one to sternly remind all alleged "blind homers" that criticizing the team/players/coach/ownership for whatever is, uh, "important." As I noted, several of them including their ringleader have proclaimed they're done with the NFL when Brady retires -- that pretty much says it all.
Back in 2014-2016 I was also thinking about dumping the NYFL when Brady retired. It sickens me the way Brady was treated during that time, especially finding out afterwards that his mother had cancer while they were lying about deflated footballs. The number of actual violations by other teams/players that go unpunished is also a factor. It still get's me going just thinking about it.

For me it has always been about the players first. Always will be. But I haven't noticed much of the crap on either side because I have so many posters on ignore. I just think it's a subject that needs to be ignored and we'd all be better off.

I'll never forgive Kraft and Belichick for letting Brady leave, but I'm still a Pats fan first. And if I do eventually dump the NYFL the Pats wouldn't be my target. They'd be collateral damage, just like the Red Sox were when I dumped MLB.

... And here they come folks, those snarky Buccaneers fans know a thread to pounce on when they see one!

If not the Pats, then sorry not sorry but hell yeah I’ll be hoping that Brady wins another ring… as ALL Patriots fans should.

I'm starting to think that the Pats fans that took this survey were all from Maine

View attachment 39368 https://www.audacy.com/sports/nfl/survey-cowboys-patriots-fans-most-likely-to-cry-over-team
I have to say that while reading the last few pages of this thread the thought came into my head that "Wow, this is how fans of teams like the Jwra, Lions, and Jags must post in THEIR forums". Trashing Bill, Josh, Steve, but mostly Bill has become a "thing". They nitpick every bad decision ignoring the fact EVERY team makes bad moves AND the fact that we've had 20 years of UNPRECEDENTED success that they think must have been pure luck since we had all those dumb moves. :rolleyes:

BTW I think the Cowboys absolutely belong on that list. Not because they have fans like like us who constantly cry DESPITE the fact they have had the most enduring success of any team in NFL history. No, I believe Cowboy fans have EVERY right to cry about their team. They have had over 20 years of rooting for a team that has CONSTANTLY disappointed their expectations and delivered just 3 playoff wins since their 3 superbowl run in the mid-90's.

Think about it I think the jags have as many playoff wins during that period. EDIT: I just checked and since 1998 The Jags have had FIVE playoff wins including one over the Pats (the Zolack experience ;) ). If THAT doesn't make a fan base that thinks they have the best team in the league EVERY year cry then I don't know what would. They have such an overinflated view of their team they deserve to cry.

WE on the other hand are developing into a fan base of whinny b!tches, who complain about every little thing including THIS topic where a reporter SPECULATED and inferred a negative twist when their most likely was nothing to see here. Now I personally don't begrudge Buckley for making the comments. That's what he gets paid to do. I don't begrudge the usual whiners to do what THEY do on this forum. In my humble opinion this was a tempest in a teapot. Something that should have been a 2 page thread and then dismissed into the ether.

WE on the other hand are developing into a fan base of whinny b!tches, who complain about every little thing including THIS topic where a reporter SPECULATED and inferred a negative twist when their most likely was nothing to see here. Now I personally don't begrudge Buckley for making the comments. That's what he gets paid to do. I don't begrudge the usual whiners to do what THEY do on this forum. In my humble opinion this was a tempest in a teapot. Something that should have been a 2 page thread and then dismissed into the ether.
Was about to agree but the Michelson Morley Experiment demonstrated that the ether does not exist

Here you go... Jamie (of all people) clears up the mystery of what Slater was talking about:

Close this thread, thank you.

(Of course that means it'll go another 300 pages and flame out when someone brings up vaccine efficiency).

Here you go... Jamie (of all people) clears up the mystery of what Slater was talking about:

(Of course that means it'll go another 300 pages and flame out when someone brings up vaccine efficiency).

Huh?
There was no question about what Slater said or any mention of it at all.
Thread stays open until we get to the bottom of those misterious words Slater used (will never happen).

His point is legitimate -- addressing posters who frequent Dis Array's Buccaneers forum and opportunistically swoop into threads on the main forum to disparage Mac, BB, Kraft and the Patriots in general. It somehow makes them feel justified for switching allegiance. Some have said outright they're done with the NFL when Brady retires.
Dude, you troll the Brady forum after every single Bucs loss.

Dude, you troll the Brady forum after every single Bucs loss.

No, not every single one and I also post there other times. Some of it is trolling (but never anti-Brady), some of it isn't. I definitely am no Buccaneers fan and you really can't be considered a Patriots fan, having expressly declared being done with the NFL when Brady retires.

If not the Pats, then sorry not sorry

Don't know what this means.

but hell yeah I’ll be hoping that Brady wins another ring…

That's perfectly fine.

as ALL Patriots fans should.

"Should"? No, he's no longer a Patriot. My love for what Brady did as a Patriot is well-documented on this site. I certainly don't begrudge him continued success, I respect what he has done/is doing as GOAT with Tampa and remain interested from a football perspective. But I am not actively rooting for him or his team (that might change situationally depending on who they're playing).

I'm starting to think that the Pats fans that took this survey were all from Maine

View attachment 39368 https://www.audacy.com/sports/nfl/survey-cowboys-patriots-fans-most-likely-to-cry-over-team

That’s odd, all of the Patriot fans from Maine that I know of were willing to stick with them through the rebuild, and had no problem with that. You on the other hand, and the front runners like you immediately started crying about Belichick and went to become a Buccaneeers fan because you are too soft to deal with the prospect of losing some games during the rebuild. You’re the crybaby, not those who stuck with the team and kept believing in them. Good luck to your Bucs, but you guys won’t be missed in this forum.

Some do like facts. Others don't care to hear facts if it sheds a negative light on the team, a player or the coaches their preconceived opinions. Fact.
FIFY.

although I expect it’s a fact you’ll not care to hear because, well, read the above.

No, not every single one and I also post there other times. Some of it is trolling (but never anti-Brady), some of it isn't. I definitely am no Buccaneers fan and you really can't be considered a Patriots fan, having expressly declared being done with the NFL when Brady retires.
So you admit to trolling in a thread where you are literally complaining about people trolling? Some advice, if you want a behavior you dislike to stop it's best if you don't perform that behavior yourself.

So you admit to trolling in a thread where you are literally complaining about people trolling?

Yes, literally. Because MY trolling is playful and the trolling I complain about is spiteful.

Some advice,

What qualifies you for this? Besides, I can't recall ever accepting advice from a Tampa Bay fan, for any reason. I even attended a Bucs game in the Big Sombrero many moons ago, no advice offered as best I recall.

if you want a behavior you dislike to stop it's best if you don't perform that behavior yourself.

Oh, the Golden Rule -- yes, I endeavor to practice that. But this seems a non sequitur, Happy New Year regardless.

Last edited:
Some do like facts. Others don't care to hear facts if it sheds a negative light on the team, a player or the coaches. Fact.
There are no facts in this thread. It’s all conjecture trying to read between the lines and make up negative things.

See Davis, Crash

Aside from the crying by the Pats fans, the biggest loss around here is the lost sense of humor in the forum. This guy would be called a troll and Bucs fan. Lol

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back