PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's Slater really saying?

Yes, literally. Because MY trolling is playful and the trolling I complain about is spiteful.

What qualifies you for this? Besides, I can't recall ever accepting advice from a Tampa Bay fan, for any reason. I even attended a Bucs game in the Big Sombrero many moons ago, no advice offered as best I recall.

Oh, the Golden Rule -- yes, I endeavor to practice that. But this seems a non sequitur, Happy New Year regardless.
Try not to take everything so seriously. Football is supposed to be fun. Happy New Year to you too! Let's hope for a healthy 2022.

Who the hell else are you gonna hope wins after Pats are eliminated?"Should"? No, he's no longer a Patriot. My love for what Brady did as a Patriot is well-documented on this site. I certainly don't begrudge him continued success, I respect what he has done/is doing as GOAT with Tampa and remain interested from a football perspective. But I am not actively rooting for him or his team (that might change situationally depending on who they're playing).

Who the hell else are you gonna hope wins after the Pats are eliminated from the POs? For me there’s one, and Only One, answer…

Who the hell else are you gonna hope wins after the Pats are eliminated from the POs? For me there’s one, and Only One, answer…
You see they are not really Patriots fans; they’re Bill Belichick fans. May I suggest a new sub-forum, so they can gush about all things Bill without subjecting the rest of us to it? I even have some thread titles to get them started: “Why Bill deserves all the credit but never any of the blame”. “A good defense never stops an offense on downs; it forces an opponent to eat as much clock as possible before holding them to FG(hopefully), 3 “Spiccoli Belichick- Blazing his own trail in the NFL”.

You see they are not really Patriots fans; they’re Bill Belichick fans. May I suggest a new sub-forum, so they can gush about all things Bill without subjecting the rest of us to it? I even have some thread titles to get them started: “Why Bill deserves all the credit but never any of the blame”. “A good defense never stops an offense on downs; it forces an opponent to eat as much clock as possible before holding them to FG(hopefully), 3 “Spiccoli Belichick- Blazing his own trail in the NFL”.

The analogy you're trying to draw here is to the Brady forum, but it's not an apples-to-apples comparison. Not many folks dislike Tom Brady, or view him as anything other than the GOAT QB. Those who feel differently are far from the majority in their position.

The issue with certain individuals here is that they actively take slights at Belichick in their posting. If there was a contingent that was constantly pushing an agenda in an attempt to undermine Brady and downplay his achievements/role in the success of the Patriots over the past 20 years, then yes, it's an apples-to-apples comparison. But I can probably count on one hand (without using my thumb) the number of folks on this forum who have a spiteful attitude towards Tom Brady, whereas it feels like there's a visible and vocal contingent of 8-12 folks who seem to dislike Belichick and that dislike/spite comes through very obviously in a large percentage of their posts.

That’s odd, all of the Patriot fans from Maine that I know of were willing to stick with them through the rebuild, and had no problem with that. You on the other hand, and the front runners like you immediately started crying about Belichick and went to become a Buccaneeers fan because you are too soft to deal with the prospect of losing some games during the rebuild. You’re the crybaby, not those who stuck with the team and kept believing in them. Good luck to your Bucs, but you guys won’t be missed in this forum.
Aside from the crying by the Pats fans, the biggest loss around here is the lost sense of humor in the forum. This guy would be called a troll and Bucs fan. Lol

Here’s another fact, if people don’t find you to be funny it’s not because they don’t have a sense of humor, it’s because you aren’t funny. It’s a victim mentality. When people claim that everyone else is to blame then the truth is that they are actually the problem. Poor poor Venecol, always the victim.

The analogy you're trying to draw here is to the Brady forum, but it's not an apples-to-apples comparison. Not many folks dislike Tom Brady, or view him as anything other than the GOAT QB. Those who feel differently are far from the majority in their position.

The issue with certain individuals here is that they actively take slights at Belichick in their posting. If there was a contingent that was constantly pushing an agenda in an attempt to undermine Brady and downplay his achievements/role in the success of the Patriots over the past 20 years, then yes, it's an apples-to-apples comparison. But I can probably count on one hand (without using my thumb) the number of folks on this forum who have a spiteful attitude towards Tom Brady, whereas it feels like there's a visible and vocal contingent of 8-12 folks who seem to dislike Belichick and that dislike/spite comes through very obviously in a large percentage of their posts.
I don't know if you visit the Brady forum at all but after a Bucs loss, there is easily 8-10 folks at least that come over to troll the team and Brady and question the Patriot fandom for those of us who still root for the guy.

That being said, what I have noticed over the past couple of months is a lot of the back and forth has simmered down quite a bit on both sides in part because the Pats went on a 7 game win streak that should land them in the post-season and the Bucs secured the South division with a chance at the 2 seed. IMO, having both teams do well was really important to people being able to move on. I also think the week 4 game with the Bucs provided a lot closure precisely because Tom and Bill handled that week so beautifully. I know for me personally, it meant a lot to see those two guys move on and do their thing this season. So hopefully this board will do the same over time. It takes time to heal.

Here you go... Jamie (of all people) clears up the mystery of what Slater was talking about:

Close this thread, thank you.

(Of course that means it'll go another 300 pages and flame out when someone brings up vaccine efficiency).

I went back and listened to Jaime again. He uses words like "lazy," "complacent," "started feeling ourselves." We now have two weeks in a row after losses where:

1. Mac questions the teams effort during practices;
2. Slater comes out with a statement about distractions inside and outside the facility;
3. Collins admits to defense being lazy and complacent.

Does anyone really believe that this has nothing to do with the team coaching? Come on man.

LOL people love to dump on Bill Belichick.

I can't count how many other coaches through all these years are inferior, stupid, unpleasant, unlikable and annoying.

I personally like the guy. And, he's a great coach. That he's not perfect makes him human.

Dumping on Bill is like dumping on the Patriots, Robert or Tom. It's old.

Rooting for Belichick to succeed in New England is rooting for the Patriots to succeed. If he hoists the Lombardi the Patriots are Super Bowl Champs. I’m fine with Brady getting another ring, just as long as the Bucs aren’t playing the Patriots. However rooting for a Brady to succeed is no longer the same as rooting for the Patriots to succeed, and if Belichick went to another team then I really wouldn’t care if he won another ring or not.

Patriot fans had it right when Brady returned to Foxborough, they gave him a long standing ovation to show their respect for everything he accomplished here, and then they booed him forcefully when he took to the field to try and beat the Patriots, which they ultimately did. Anyone who was rooting for Tampa Bay that night is no longer a Patriot fan, snd if Belichick left for another team and people rooted for him to beat the Patriots then the same would apply to them.

What Matthew is really saying
star wars GIF by Nerdist.com

what this tells me is the Patriots have no leadership in the locker room. You think this is the first time players and coaches are at each others throats? In previous years (watch Tom Brady's Man in the Arena) there has always been a group of leaders on the roster and they self regulated. It has been mentioned before that some of us think there is a lack of leadership on this team.
What Slater said is the definition of "leadership."

I went back and listened to Jaime again. He uses words like "lazy," "complacent," "started feeling ourselves." We now have two weeks in a row after losses where:

1. Mac questions the teams effort during practices;
2. Slater comes out with a statement about distractions inside and outside the facility;
3. Collins admits to defense being lazy and complacent.

Does anyone really believe that this has nothing to do with the team coaching? Come on man.

3 separate players say it’s about their own accountability and you read that to mean that it’s actually the coaching. It doesn’t get any dumber than that.

Youre always irritable Igor.

It's comical.

I have very little patience for idiots and people who think they are entitled, and no patience for trolls, which makes it difficult to put up with people like you and Venecol. Have your mommy explain what I mean when she gets done reading this to you.

How can somebody be a leader who doesn’t make any plays, like ever?
Lots of great leaders throughout history don't make plays or do the dirty work. It is a skill set and some people have it, and others don't. Making plays is a bonus.

I wonder if the rift between the defense and the coaches is actually Patricia. I think that might make more sense as let's face it he really isn't a guy that players like.

How can somebody be a leader who doesn’t make any plays, like ever?
You mean like Winston Churchill, Belichick, Red Auerbach, George S. Patton or Bill Walsh?

fu78YNF.jpg

PS: Matt Slater just made the Pro Bowl again...

PS: Matt Slater just made the Pro Bowl again...
But I just read on PatsFans that he doesn’t make plays. So how can that be?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back