PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's Slater really saying?

Steve's track record speaks for itself. Best secondary in the NFL when he was the DB coach, and right now the Pats are the a top 5 defense with him as the defacto D Coordinator.

We had the highest cap hit for defensive backs in the League, after Daddy got him new toys like Gilmore, invested even more high picks again for him (seemed we put in every 2nd round pick for a DB for 7-8 years in a row or something), and re-signed every aging old db FA we had like McCourtys and others at the expense of our QB. Easy to perform as position coach when daddy GM’s got your back and making sure your cupboard is full of toys.

Hell I could position coach a group of Devin McCourty, Jason McCourty, Stephon Gilmore, JC Jackson, Jonathon Jones, Patrick Chung, Duron Harmon (our 2019 db class). Hell it’s probably one of the best secondary in the history of the league. I could see myself coaching it right now. “Ehhhh guys. Go out there do your thing. Thanks. I’ll collect the award for best position coach in the league now. Thanks”

Last edited:
Thank you for speaking on behalf of us.

Some of us fans like facts and science and not fed ******** when the NEP are put in a bad light.
Some do like facts. Others don't care to hear facts if it sheds a negative light on the team, a player or the coaches. Fact.

... And here they come folks, those snarky Buccaneers fans know a thread to pounce on when they see one!

Don't sweat it. There are uber sensitive Pats fans that refuse to believe anything even slightly negative is possible with the team. They also believe Bill walks on water.

There's been a change in this fandom since 2019. We've become a bunch of whinners. There's no crying in football folks.

View attachment 39357

Where are your Buccaneers on that list?

Don't sweat it. There are uber sensitive Pats fans that refuse to believe anything even slightly negative is possible with the team. They also believe Bill walks on water.

There's been a change in this fandom since 2019. We've become a bunch of whinners. There's no crying in football folks.

View attachment 39357

And then there are the front running bandwagon fans, like you, who just jump to their new team any time the old one doesn’t win the title. Although jumping to the Packers if they win the Super Bowl could be problematic, with Rodgers wanting out. Be sure to let us know how your Bronco’s are doing if he ends up in Denver. And good luck to your Milwaukee Bucks this spring, if they and your Lightning both win again it will be another great year for you.

View attachment 39357

Its hilarious to see the bandwagon fans who immediately jumped to the Buccaneers trying to call out the actual Patriot fans who were willing to stick with their team through what could have been a lengthy rebuild.. The ones who couldn’t handle some losing seasons calling the ones who could the “ crybabies.” The guy who claimed they would be perennial losers without Brady returning to the forum to try and take shots at Belichick when they are poised to go to the playoffs, when he bailed on them when he didn’t believe they could do that. The “crybabies” are the quitters like you, not the fans who stood by them when they were going through adversity. Now toddle on off to your Buccaneers forum to resume your frontrunning, your years have no place here.

2 seasons in succession the Pats high flying defense craps the bed.

Sure, they will smoke the Jags, but who knows how the Miami game will go.

Bookended perfectly Triump, you quit on them when they went 2-4, were “with them all the way” when they ran off 7 wins, and now return to your true quitter form when they drop two in a row. Sums up your career as a Patriot fan perfectly, you are always with them if they win, and the first one overboard if they lose. You should catch a ride back to Tampa Bay with Venecol, unless Green Bay makes more sense for you this year? Or K.C.? Who knows, just as long as they win.

Bookended perfectly Triump, you quit on them when they went 2-4, were “with them all the way” when they ran off 7 wins, and now return to your true quitter form when they drop two in a row. Sums up your career as a Patriot fan perfectly, you are always with them if they win, and the first one overboard if they lose. You should catch a ride back to Tampa Bay with Venecol, unless Green Bay makes more sense for you this year? Or K.C.? Who knows, just as long as they win.
Is Stop and Shop still out of prune juice Igor?

Steve's track record speaks for itself. Best secondary in the NFL when he was the DB coach, and right now the Pats are the a top 5 defense with him as the defacto D Coordinator.
Dak & Josh wondering what happened to the "Goodell Clown" emoji

Some do like facts. Others don't care to hear facts if it sheds a negative light on the team, a player or the coaches. Fact.
Thank you for qualifying

The Patriots have the top ranked scoring defense in the league with 260 Points Against. This clearly pisses off the Tampa Bay fans in this forum, but the facts are the facts.
At some point this us vs them foolishness among Pats fans needs to go away. This is an example of the troll-ish posts you were complaining about upstream.

Are all you Bucs fans going to try and come back here and pretend you are Patriot fans when Brady retires, or are you going to stick with your team?
Congrats on another totally off-topic troll post. You're a perfect example of what you were whining about earlier.

Congrats on another totally off-topic troll post. You're a perfect example of what you were whining about earlier.

His point is legitimate -- addressing posters who frequent Dis Array's Buccaneers forum and opportunistically swoop into threads on the main forum to disparage Mac, BB, Kraft and the Patriots in general. It somehow makes them feel justified for switching allegiance. Some have said outright they're done with the NFL when Brady retires.

Thank you for qualifying
The funny thing is, I have that poster on ignore so I can't/won't read what he's posting. But he's easily the most responded to poster in this entire thread, even just using Ivan's responses.

His point is legitimate -- addressing posters who frequent Dis Array's Buccaneers forum and opportunistically swoop into threads on the main forum to disparage Mac, BB, Kraft and the Patriots in general. It somehow makes them feel justified for switching allegiance. Some have said outright they're done with the NFL when Brady retires.
I'm missing the point because the one poster being answered is on my ignore list and I don't see what he posts. Whatever it is it has apparently gotten us back to the beginning of the Brady/Belichick War.

As for the TB/Gronk thread, that was started by someone else and was moved after multiple complaints, and I've seen as much sh!t-stirring over there as I do here. In total, counting both sides of the issue, is only about a half dozen posters.

As for the claim of switching allegiance, I feel perfectly fine about rooting for past players, especially the greatest QB who ever played the game and led this team to the only 6 SB wins they have. And if I do that it doesn't mean I'm not a worthy Pats fans anymore. It means that I appreciate all of what they provided. That list is a mile long and goes back many years.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back