PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WhatIfSports predicts the AFC East

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO The key for the Jets to win the division and/or make the playoffs is based on their defense and the combo of Jones and Washington on Offense,I see Sanchez as a manager,not a leader in his rookie season and I see the Jets as mainly a running team.. and in reality thats the best way to approach the season if I were RR.

Excatly correct. That's basically all there is too it. Sanchez manages the game & doesn't do anything stupid, and Leon, Jones, and Greene pound away at the opposing defense. We will probably rarely score over 21 points, but our defense will be tough to score on - make no mistake. That will be Rex's approach, smash mouth running - and tough defense.

Do you think that the Jets have a shot at the playoffs this year? Honestly, I'd be more surprised to see the Phins make it than the Jets. I could maybe see the Jets sneaking in at 9-7 or so if the cards fall right for them, though that'd be tough since 2 of their losses are going to be the Patriots :p

I think it is unlikely that they make the playoffs this year, probably about a 40-50% chance, but I can see them sneaking in to the playoffs also. And don't be so sure about going 2-0 against the Jets. ;)

Last edited:
Do you think that the Jets have a shot at the playoffs this year? Honestly, I'd be more surprised to see the Phins make it than the Jets. I could maybe see the Jets sneaking in at 9-7 or so if the cards fall right for them, though that'd be tough since 2 of their losses are going to be the Patriots :p

Many say the Jets SHOULD on paper have the best defense in the division - If that does happen then the playoffs are indeed a possibility and I never take winning the division for granted when injuries can make a difference any season.... Should be interesting at the very least.

LOL!!!!!! You're joking right?????? Mind telling me how we're falling "further and further back"? The only department we've fallen back on is Wide Receiver. That's it. Quarterback? Improved. RB? Improved? Defense? Improved A LOT. Coaching? Improved. O-Line? Improved, one more year of continuity, and they were one of the best in the NFL even as of last year.

One of the dumbest statements I've ever heard.

Is this Aqua??

PUNCTUATION!!! AHHH!!!!!!!

You have no receivers that scare any one. Jericho Cotchery is an average #2, at best. After that, you have a bunch of guys that wouldn't make most teams. Your quarterback is a rookie that played 16 games in college and never had to face adversity. He'll be good eventually, but it'll take a while.

Your top offensive producer is on the wrong side of 30 and he isn't happy with his contract.

Your defensive line is all 30+ and your ends are below average. You're going to get whipped at the line of scrimmage.

You still have no pass rush. Calvin Pace is above average, Bryan Thomas is terrible in run support and Vernon Gholston is a glorifed workout warrior.

Your not deep at corner and will get killed against any team with multiple passing threats.

You don't have guys on defense that create turnovers and when you have one of the NFL's worst offenses, you have to get turnovers.

You'll win 5-6 games.

2 years = continuity? Then you've had plenty of that this decade.

You played an easy schedule last season and caught a break because there was a quality QB that sprung loose late. Couple that with Brown and Williams being healthy, and the team surprised a lot of teams for a little while. They didn't surprise New England in the rematch and they sure as hell didn't surprise the Ravens.

Expect a step back season, as frequently happens with Parcells.

Yes, as a matter of fact it is. We've established a foundation that will be in place for a long time.

Every team in the division had that schedule, don't give me that bull crap.

We may step back a little, but we're certainly no push over. Nobody wants to play the Dolphins this year.

yes, as a matter of fact it is. We've established a foundation that will be in place for a long time.

Every team in the division had that schedule, don't give me that bull crap.

We may step back a little, but we're certainly no push over. nobody wants to play the dolphins this year.

Ooh! Ooh! I do! I do!

Last edited:

You have no receivers that scare any one. Jericho Cotchery is an average #2, at best. After that, you have a bunch of guys that wouldn't make most teams. Your quarterback is a rookie that played 16 games in college and never had to face adversity. He'll be good eventually, but it'll take a while.

Your top offensive producer is on the wrong side of 30 and he isn't happy with his contract.

Your defensive line is all 30+ and your ends are below average. You're going to get whipped at the line of scrimmage.

You still have no pass rush. Calvin Pace is above average, Bryan Thomas is terrible in run support and Vernon Gholston is a glorifed workout warrior.

Your not deep at corner and will get killed against any team with multiple passing threats.

You don't have guys on defense that create turnovers and when you have one of the NFL's worst offenses, you have to get turnovers.

You'll win 5-6 games.

Can't argue with that. Your right on about their defense. In fact, the Jets can't afford to lose Jenkins because they automatically become the worst D-line in football. Also, who the hell knows how they got 41 sacks with their front seven. Finally, aside from Revis and Rhodes, their secondary is average and will have a hard time defending teams with multiple receiving threats.

I can't wait for the season to start.

I say, 14-2, #1 seed in the playoffs, and a superbowl win over the 13-3 Philadelphia Eagles.

I said we had taken a step back in the WR department. Cotchery is a better than average #2, but he hasn't proven to be a #1. However, there is a drop off after that, but we are looking for guys like Chansi Stuckey, Brad Smith, and David Clowney to step up. Is it a below average receiving corps? Yes, but it isn't the worst in the NFL.

Wrong. Our top offensive producer is our offensive line. To be honest, it doesn't matter who we put in the backfield, with our great O-Line, it will make the average back look good. I think TJ is a good back, above average. Added to TJ, you have Leon, and Shonn Greene. Look for our running attack to be a great, 3-headed monster, change of pace backfield, kind of like the Giants had the past two years.

And what does TJ being unhappy with his contract have to do with anything? :rolleyes: He is still gonna be out there playing.

Wrong again. Shaun Ellis is an above average 3-4 DE. He has been consistent his whole career with New York, and has shown no signs of slowing down. See 2008, 8 sacks. Impressive for a 3-4 DE. Show me 5 better in the league. Then, on the other side, you have Marques Douglas, who was effective in Baltimore, knows Ryan's system, and is healthy and consistent. He has played in all 16 games the past 6 years. Get your ******* facts straight before you say we have below average ends. :rolleyes:

Wrong. Again. We were third in the league last year in sacks, and that was with Mangidiot & Sutton running the defense. Granted, the pass rush sucked, but that falls all on the coaches. Gholston probably won't even be a factor, so there's no reason to worry about him until he does anything. Pace is above average, and he will easily lead the team in sacks, rushing the QB from the OLB spot, kind of like Terrell Suggs, just not as talented as T-Sizzle. That doesn't mean Pace won't excel in Ryan's system, because he will. Bryan Thomas will be much improved in the system as well. On the inside, Harris & Scott will be beasts and absolute tackle machines. Look for our secondary to blitz as well. Rhodes and Leonhard can be nasty. Our pass rush will be top-3 this year...book it.

How are you so wrong about every ******* statement? Do you know anything about this team? Revis & Lito will be one of the top duos at CB this year in the NFL. Revis is your ideal franchise corner, and he is already elite, going into his THIRD SEASON. Lido is the ideal #2 across the field. Depth; the young Dwight Lowery, who played a hell of a game against you guys Week 1, Drew Coleman, Donald Strickland. Not great players, but it is some pretty good depth.

Wow, man. I didn't think you could be wrong on every single point, but congratulations, YOU DID IT. Revis is an INT guy, and will lead the league. Lito will make some picks as well. The pass rush led by Pace, Thomas, even the secondary will force the QB into mistakes. Kerry Rhodes will be top-5 in safeties this year, with him being a do-everything guy. Blitzing, tackling around the LOS, playing Center Field and making picks...did you see him play two years ago? He is really talented. Once again, he will SHINE in Rex's system. Leonhard isn't to shabby either, he was beast in the playoffs.

You'll win 5-6 games.

Hey, why not one more wrong statement?

Cool.

:)

Can't argue with that. Your right on about their defense. In fact, the Jets can't afford to lose Jenkins because they automatically become the worst D-line in football. Also, who the hell knows how they got 41 sacks with their front seven. Finally, aside from Revis and Rhodes, their secondary is average and will have a hard time defending teams with multiple receiving threats.

HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

Wrong too.

lol

Nobody wants to play the Dolphins this year.

No, actually, I can't wait to embarrass the **** out of your joke of a team on National TV ESPN Monday Night Football on October 12, 2009 at Landshark Stadium in Miami, Florida. After that game, you can all burn your Pennington jerseys. Oh wait.. he'll probably be out for the season by the time that game rolls around anyway...

Last edited:
42977588.jpg

Baltimore+Ravens+v+Miami+Dolphins+CGAlZiVcD8Il.jpg

063c3cbe9418b93d4198c7c88afd88ce.jpg

nfl_g_suggs_pennington_300.jpg

bart-scott.jpg

I'm sorry. I just can't stand STUPID PHUCKING PHINS FANS.

Last edited:
I said we had taken a step back in the WR department. Cotchery is a better than average #2, but he hasn't proven to be a #1. However, there is a drop off after that, but we are looking for guys like Chansi Stuckey, Brad Smith, and David Clowney to step up. Is it a below average receiving corps? Yes, but it isn't the worst in the NFL.

The Titans are the only team that rival you; I'd still take theirs over yours.

NewYorkJets1993 said:
Wrong. Our top offensive producer is our offensive line. To be honest, it doesn't matter who we put in the backfield, with our great O-Line, it will make the average back look good. I think TJ is a good back, above average. Added to TJ, you have Leon, and Shonn Greene. Look for our running attack to be a great, 3-headed monster, change of pace backfield, kind of like the Giants had the past two years.

And what does TJ being unhappy with his contract have to do with anything? :rolleyes: He is still gonna be out there playing.

How many touchdowns and yards is your offensive line going to compile? That's all good and dandy, but they aren't the skill players and you know damn well that's what I was talking about. And he's 31 and he wants a new deal. When players are bitter, they don't always perform like they can. See Chad Ochocinco.

NewYorkJets1993 said:
Wrong again. Shaun Ellis is an above average 3-4 DE. He has been consistent his whole career with New York, and has shown no signs of slowing down. See 2008, 8 sacks. Impressive for a 3-4 DE. Show me 5 better in the league. Then, on the other side, you have Marques Douglas, who was effective in Baltimore, knows Ryan's system, and is healthy and consistent. He has played in all 16 games the past 6 years. Get your ******* facts straight before you say we have below average ends. :rolleyes:

Shaun Ellis is average AT BEST. Sacks aren't everything; how about consistently setting the edge, taking on the guards and restricting them and forcing the passer to step up. When we play the Jets, I don't even notice Ellis.

You're a homer, your opinion is jaded.

NewYorkJets1993 said:
Wrong. Again. We were third in the league last year in sacks, and that was with Mangidiot & Sutton running the defense. Granted, the pass rush sucked, but that falls all on the coaches. Gholston probably won't even be a factor, so there's no reason to worry about him until he does anything. Pace is above average, and he will easily lead the team in sacks, rushing the QB from the OLB spot, kind of like Terrell Suggs, just not as talented as T-Sizzle. That doesn't mean Pace won't excel in Ryan's system, because he will. Bryan Thomas will be much improved in the system as well. On the inside, Harris & Scott will be beasts and absolute tackle machines. Look for our secondary to blitz as well. Rhodes and Leonhard can be nasty. Our pass rush will be top-3 this year...book it.

Again, sacks aren't everything. It's about consistently forcing the quarterback out of his comfort zone.

And again, you're not offering valid reason, you're just making points with no solid evidence. Why will Bryan Thomas excell in Rex Ryan's system? Why can Rhodes and Leonhard be nasty? Why will the pass rush be top 3? Is it explosiveness in the first step of the backers? Is it brute strength? You don't offer counterpoints to my intial points.

NewYorkJets1993 said:
How are you so wrong about every ******* statement? Do you know anything about this team? Revis & Lito will be one of the top duos at CB this year in the NFL. Revis is your ideal franchise corner, and he is already elite, going into his THIRD SEASON. Lido is the ideal #2 across the field. Depth; the young Dwight Lowery, who played a hell of a game against you guys Week 1, Drew Coleman, Donald Strickland. Not great players, but it is some pretty good depth.

You think I'm wrong, doesn't make me wrong. What makes them ideal? You don't have to explain Revis because I agree that he's a great player. But why did Lito Sheppard find his way into Andy Reid's dog house? Great players don't just get traded for fourth rounders (unless your Al Davis.)

Yep Dwight Lowery did play well against us. But where was he week 17? Getting burned by Ted Ginn for a touchdown.

NewYorkJets1993 said:
Wow, man. I didn't think you could be wrong on every single point, but congratulations, YOU DID IT. Revis is an INT guy, and will lead the league. Lito will make some picks as well. The pass rush led by Pace, Thomas, even the secondary will force the QB into mistakes. Kerry Rhodes will be top-5 in safeties this year, with him being a do-everything guy. Blitzing, tackling around the LOS, playing Center Field and making picks...did you see him play two years ago? He is really talented. Once again, he will SHINE in Rex's system. Leonhard isn't to shabby either, he was beast in the playoffs.

Hey, why not one more wrong statement?

Cool.

:)

Of course Revis will lead the league in INTs, you said so. If he does, that mean he isn't the best corner because the best corners don't get thrown at enough to lead the league in picks.

You'll win about 5 or 6 games, continue to lose all of those over priced free agents you signed a year ago and your cap purgatory will catch up to you. The Dolphins and Patriots are the class of this division and the Jets remain an after thought.

You know the funny thing here? You have to post ANOTHER team beating us in the playoffs because you guys couldn't beat us to get there. HAHAHAHA! Do you realize how dumb that looks?

amd_dolphins-jubi.jpg

340x.jpg

canon_wk_17_2008_04.jpg

NFL-Week-17.jpg

44267052.jpg

Is this a Patriots website?

Looking at this thread for the last page it looks more like a neutral AFC East forum.

I'm really enjoying this thread. It's good to see (mostly) civil and intelligent discussion of our respective teams. I don't post here often, but I do read everything that's put up, and I appreciate the variety of perspectives here. So thanks, guys. :)

I'm really enjoying this thread. It's good to see (mostly) civil and intelligent discussion of our respective teams. I don't post here often, but I do read everything that's put up, and I appreciate the variety of perspectives here. So thanks, guys. :)

It's difficult for me to keep my cool when I'm dealing with the proverbial firing squad that is an opposing team's MB, but I'll stay on that track. :eat3:

The only acceptable Favre picture is this one:

42353968.jpg

That other one's classic, but nothing quite measures up to that one ^

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back